Just an afternoon on St. Bart's?

jeepers13

My hubby and I are so excited. We're going to take a six-hour excursion over from St. Maarten on our upcoming cruise.

We don't know anything about St. Bart's, so we're hoping you can give us some direction.

What do we have to see?

Where should we eat?

What's the best beach?

Anything unusual or off the beaten path to explore on this island?

Thanks for the feedback!

• 2 weeks later...

I see you haven’t gotten any reponses to your inquiry. Is your cruise porting in St Barth’s or are you taking a ferry over? 6 hours will go very fast! We rented a car for our port day in St Barth’s and drove from one beach/bar to another and enjoyed the day. We had enough time to stop for lunch and do just a little shopping (not near enough time for shopping!). The island is beautiful and I would love to return.

When we got off our cruise ship there were rental car companies right at the port but they had all been reserved. We asked in a couple of shops and were told to check out Budget that was down the street and around the corner in a perfume shop. It was very close to the Chesseburger in Paradise restaurant. We walked in and they had cars available. After filling out the paperwork a van came and picked up the four of us and took us to the airport where we picked up our convertible BMW. We had to have it back by 6 pm when the airport location closed. We barely made it because it took forever to refuel. They then took us back to the port. I’m not really sure what the price was but I’m thinking it was $400 for the day. Totally worth it! We had a blast!

we walked around town, went to Shelly Beach, walked up to the Fort, went back to the ship for lunch and then cabbed it to Nikki Beach and watched the sunset and did some shopping. we were on windstar so we had plenty of time. We will be stopping in St. Marteen on a different cruise line and wondering if the excursion is worth it. I did love the island....

we walked around town, went to Shelly Beach, walked up to the Fort, went back to the ship for lunch and then cabbed it to Nikki Beach and watched the sunset and did some shopping. we were on windstar so we had plenty of time. We will be stopping in St. Marteen on a different cruise line and wondering if the excursion is worth it. I did love the island....

I've read that some of the bars and restaurants are still closed on Nikki Beach. Did you see beach chairs that you could rent there?