Packing Tips for family with 3, 4, and 6 year old boys?

spangnash

2 weeks from today, we'll be heading out on our first cruise with our young boys along (ages 3, 4, and 6), on RCCL's Allure of the Seas. We have traveled with them before, and have cruised on our OWN before, but have never cruised with them... and now I'm wondering... is there anything I would never think to pack that might be handy? Please share any items that you were so very thankful to have along! (Ports are Falmouth, Jamaica, Labadee, and Cozumel, if that matters.) Thank you so much!

I recommend kids medicine for upset tummy and Tylenol and Dramamine. I would pack extra shirts because they will use them! I recommend a good quality water shoe like reem since if you go to the beach it can be rocky and hard for them to walk in the ocean and they can double as a walking shoe since they are a very good quality shoe. I pack the kids glow sticks just because it’s fun. You may want to pack a little netted hamper for the dirty clothes! Oh! I would pack double the amount of sunscreen you think you will need just in case, running out isn’t an option since they has a small selection and may not carry your brand. If you have puddle jumpers you may want to bring them, depends on your plans for excursions and on ship. Have fun! My kids are 8 and 10 and the cruise in April will be their 5th cruise! [emoji568]

Must packs for cruising with our 7 year old:

Peanut Butter Crackers or non chocolate snack bars - They are great in the cabin when he's hungry as well as in ports when he gets hungry and we might not have any food options. Non chocoalte - because chocolate melts!

Pop-up hamper for dirty clothes

Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen

Inflatable swim ring - Easy to blow up in port and deflate before getting back on the ship. DS is great swimmer, but sometimes he just wants to float around.

Small bucket/shovel/sand molds - I found a set at Five Below that didn't take up much room in the suitcase.

Folding Cubes - I like to be organized. I'm on vacation and refuse to pick up the cabin so we have a bunch of $1 folding cubes around the cabin. One for sunscreen, one for snacks, one for underware for each person(in the closet), one for stuff (magnets for wall, clips for towels, hats, sunglasses, extra baggies, playing cards, paper, pen, etc.). They fold flat in the suitcase and we usually just pack them in the outside pockets that fit not much else!

Battery Operated Candle - to be used a nightlight in the bathroom. Beats waking everyone up with turning on the light.