Dublin Embarkation ?

Ashland

First time to embark from Dublin onboard Celebrity.

Unfortunately we'll be arriving early from our flight (approx 10:00am)....and apparently can't board until 4:30.

Will we possibly be able to checkin our luggage with the porter's?...We'll be very tired from our flight from the US. How comfortable is the terminal and is there somewhere close by to eat?...Not really interested in doing too much at that point or really going anywhere.

When I booked our arrival flight I assumed we would be able to board at the usual time of 11:00am...but that has changed now...and that's thrown us a bit off. Our ship doesn't actually sail until the next afternoon so we overnight onboard the first night.

I also posted on the British Isles board but so far no response so thought I might ask here as well.

Thanks so much for any input any of you might have for this port terminal.

Just do a Google search on Dublin Cruise Terminal and DubLin Left Luggage, in a blink you will have your answers.

Thanks...not exactly the info I'm looking for...hoping for some cruiser's personal experience.

Thanks...not exactly the info I'm looking for...hoping for some cruiser's personal experience.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is the first year that Celebrity has left from Dublin, so personal experience may be hard to find.

I will have a google and see what I come up with, or I can try and contact the cruise port on Monday and see what they say and i will come back to you. Is that ok?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is the first year that Celebrity has left from Dublin, so personal experience may be hard to find.

I will have a google and see what I come up with, or I can try and contact the cruise port on Monday and see what they say and i will come back to you. Is that ok?

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

I guess anyone that has left from this port may be able to answer about if there's seating inside available and is there anywhere nearby to eat.

Again many thanks for any info you may find.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

I guess anyone that has left from this port may be able to answer about if there's seating inside available and is there anywhere nearby to eat.

Again many thanks for any info you may find.

Why let other people Google for you. As Swapduck has offered to you your research I think you should send him on the cruise.

Why let other people Google for you. As Swapduck has offered to you your research I think you should send him on the cruise.

I did Google before I even posted my question...I was looking for some personal experience cruising out of Dublin not just the generic info on Google since it's my first cruise from this particular port...Sorry you misunderstood...but thanks for your input anyway.

My cruise from Dublin also boards at 4:30 and we arrive at 9 am... the group on my flight scheduled a tour of Dublin with a stop for lunch that drops us at the pier and handles our luggage the entire time too. We found it nice to see a little of Dublin, but knowing we will be tired, not too much and a nice lunch stop.

My cruise from Dublin also boards at 4:30 and we arrive at 9 am... the group on my flight scheduled a tour of Dublin with a stop for lunch that drops us at the pier and handles our luggage the entire time too. We found it nice to see a little of Dublin, but knowing we will be tired, not too much and a nice lunch stop.

Would appreciate more info on this please....

Thank you so much for posting.

Swampduck is not a HE but a She & not too sure what her hubby might think of his duck going cruising without him! lol

BTW, I don't mind trying to find our what I can, I live in Northern Ireland, so it might be easier & cheaper for me to phone and find out what I can to the Dublin port.. Plus I have contacts in our Dublin office who might just have that sort of info.

Swampduck is not a HE but a She & not too sure what her hubby might think of his duck going cruising without him! lol

BTW, I don't mind trying to find our what I can, I live in Northern Ireland, so it might be easier & cheaper for me to phone and find out what I can to the Dublin port.. Plus I have contacts in our Dublin office who might just have that sort of info.

Thank you so much

Love your response comment to G.M.T....so funny.

Quack Quack:D :D:D:D

First time to embark from Dublin onboard Celebrity.

Unfortunately we'll be arriving early from our flight (approx 10:00am)....and apparently can't board until 4:30.

Will we possibly be able to checkin our luggage with the porter's?...We'll be very tired from our flight from the US. How comfortable is the terminal and is there somewhere close by to eat?...Not really interested in doing too much at that point or really going anywhere.

When I booked our arrival flight I assumed we would be able to board at the usual time of 11:00am...but that has changed now...and that's thrown us a bit off. Our ship doesn't actually sail until the next afternoon so we overnight onboard the first night.

I also posted on the British Isles board but so far no response so thought I might ask here as well.

Thanks so much for any input any of you might have for this port terminal.

Hi,

We are on the sailing on 10th May. Our TA phoned Celebrity and they are saying we will be able to board at 4.30pm. Our flight from Edinburgh lands at 9am, so im in the same position as you. We set sail at 10pm on the 10th May

However, someone on our Roll Call booked the cruise two weeks ago whilst on the Eclipse. They asked the question whilst onboard and was informed it would be normally boarding times from 11am onwards.

Hope that helps you.

Steven

Edited by saw777
Information

We are also sailing out of Dublin my question is,are cabs the only way to get to the port or does anyone know if there are buses from the airport to the cruise port thanks for any advice

I was in Dublin last month for a short break. It is not far from the Airport to the Dock area. Our plan is just to get a taxi to the dock, as we land at 9am so by the time we clear the airport rush hour will be over on the road. Should be a 20 - 25 min ride.

Hi,

We are on the sailing on 10th May. Our TA phoned Celebrity and they are saying we will be able to board at 4.30pm. Our flight from Edinburgh lands at 9am, so im in the same position as you. We set sail at 10pm on the 10th May

However, someone on our Roll Call booked the cruise two weeks ago whilst on the Eclipse. They asked the question whilst onboard and was informed it would be normally boarding times from 11am onwards.

Hope that helps you.

Steven

I would not rely on what a future cruise sales person tells someone. The Dublin embarking is new . I read that it is a much smaller building. Perhaps they need every trace of the first cruise gone and need to set up the system for embarking new people .

Thank you so much

Love your response comment to G.M.T....so funny.

Quack Quack:D :D:D:D

Ashland - i've had a response.

I contacted the Dublin port and spoke with the "head of corporate services" who in turn emailed RCC who have replied as below. I have copied and pasted what you need to know. Now they are requesting to know what documentation you received that said you couldn't board until 4.30 as boarding is you can board from 11am.

Hope this helps everyone out.

Ashland, if you want a copy of the emails i received I can email them to you. But please let me know who said 4.30 so I can go back to them.

thanks

Hi Deborah,

We will be able to accept guestsat the port as of 9:30 am and expected boarding time at 11:00 am.

Lotfi

Thanks in advance

Lotfi Trabelsi

Manager, Port Operations & Guest Port Services

UK, Northern Europe and Baltics

RCL Cruises Ltd.

Edited by Swampduck

Would appreciate more info on this please....

Thank you so much for posting.

We are doing a private version of this tour... there are nine of us in my group and four in my friend's group arriving on a different flight. We are only doing the Dublin city portion with a stop for lunch, because we know we will be tired and didn't want to venture too far out. Charlie has been my contact, super nice. You can tell him you want a similar tour as Renee has on April 30th. The vehicle also handles all our luggage. We thought it was a great way to see some of Dublin before arriving to the ship, even before we knew we couldn't get there until 4:30! Good Luck!

https://www.paddywagontours.com/Shore-Excursion-For-Cruise-Passengers-In-Dublin-Wicklow-Mountains-and-Dublin-City-Tour

Swamp duck

Thanks for the info on the port boarding time. I specifically called the Celebrity Cruises Captains club and was told specifically 4:30 PM was the earliest. SetSail pass also states this. Will stay posted and see what final Dovcs from the cruise line state. Thanks again.

Swamp duck

Thanks for the info on the port boarding time. I specifically called the Celebrity Cruises Captains club and was told specifically 4:30 PM was the earliest. SetSail pass also states this. Will stay posted and see what final Dovcs from the cruise line state. Thanks again.

I was asked this in the email. please see below I have copied and paste from the emails.

I will go back to him and tell him that it is coming from Captains club,

Hi Deborah,

Hoping to get some info on thebelow here.

Can you please let me know whatdocumentation is telling guests that they can’t arrive until 4:30 pm?

Thanks,

Matthew

Account Manager, Guest Port Services

UK, Northern Europe and Singapore

RCL Cruises Ltd.

Even though, we shouldn’t havehad 16:30 being advertised. Try to check your documentation / check-in windowsand perhaps reach out to Deborah as I would be curious to understand where shehas the 16:30 from…

Lotfi

Thanks in advance

Lotfi

This has to be old.

I’ve sent Lou the updatedvoucher information already.

I’ll check with him.

Matthew

You may want to check the timeswe have advertised as this is the second request I get…

Thanks in advance

Lotfi

I contacted the Dublin port and spoke with the "head of corporate services" who in turn emailed RCC who have replied as below. I have copied and pasted what you need to know. Now they are requesting to know what documentation you received that said you couldn't board until 4.30 as boarding is you can board from 11am.

Ashland, if you want a copy of the emails i received I can email them to you. But please let me know who said 4.30 so I can go back to them.

thanks

Hi Deborah,

We will be able to accept guestsat the port as of 9:30 am and expected boarding time at 11:00 am.

Lotfi

Thanks in advance

Lotfi Trabelsi

RCL Cruises Ltd.

Hi Deborah (Swampduck)

They have been talking about this 4:30pm time frame for boarding our Celebrity cruise for May 28, 2018 on my rollcall (Celebrity Eclipse May 28th) some have said it has come directly from Celebrity reps when they called to inquire and were told that the ship is going to have a cleaning done and that's why we can't board at the usual time of 11:30am. This all seems to be 2nd hand infomation. Our documents aren't available yet.

Seems like so much confusion with this...also some (roll call) are saying that there's no terminal building at the port but rather they have tents set up.

You are so AMAZING ... Thank you so very much for taking up your time...it is so appreciated.

You're better off getting a flight that gets in the night before, this way you won't be stressed out in case the flight is delayed or cancelled. Also gives you extra time to tour Dublin, and you won't be exhausted from the long flight.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

Thanks but that's not always possible... We thought our arrival day was going to be fine as we can board the ship on the 28th and we don't actually sail until the afternoon of the 29th...so this is a bit of a different itinerary.

thanks

Hi Deborah,

Lotfi

Thanks in advance

Lotfi Trabelsi

RCL Cruises Ltd.

Hi Deborah,

Just a bit more info for my above post to you. I've just read on our roll call...Apparently the reason why we're using tents is that there are 3 other ships in port and Celebrity has been allocated to the temporary tent area.

Again many thanks.

Hi Deborah,

Just a bit more info for my above post to you. I've just read on our roll call...Apparently the reason why we're using tents is that there are 3 other ships in port and Celebrity has been allocated to the temporary tent area.

Again many thanks.

I was in touch this morning with Mathew, but I will forward on what you have said and see what information he comes back with.