Hotel Close to Port Everglades for Cruise

mellon1

:) Scroll down the link and you will see all rates for the Hyatt on Valuetrips.

http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

We have used this site to book many times. It is fine but they will take a few days to confirm, so be patient. Scroll down to the bottom and read the link, "about ValueTrips" It is all good.

Going out the back door of the Hyatt and walking about a block, takes you to a parking lot on your left where there are many shops, places to eat, etc. :)

As with any outside reservation, once confirmed call the hotel directly and reconfirm

Edited by janetz

:) Scroll down the link and you will see all rates for the Hyatt on Valuetrips.

http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

We have used this site to book many times. It is fine but they will take a few days to confirm, so be patient. Scroll down to the bottom and read the link, "about ValueTrips" It is all good.

Going out the back door of the Hyatt and walking about a block, takes you to a parking lot on your left where there are many shops, places to eat, etc. :)

As with any outside reservation, once confirmed call the hotel directly and reconfirm

Thank you so much. Just booked it and they said it will be 2 days to confirm. Hopefully we get the room. Really appreciate the tip on valuetrips it did save us $$. I sometimes get nervous going through internet I am not sure of. It's nice to talk to such seasoned cruisers to learn so much.

I just want to thank everyone who helped me out here. You all are so very well-versed on everything cruising. We've never stayed in this area and usually stay @ Lauderdale by the Sea, so just a little nervous of the unknowns. Many blessings to you all and safe travels.

Thank you so much. Just booked it and they said it will be 2 days to confirm. Hopefully we get the room. Really appreciate the tip on valuetrips it did save us $$. I sometimes get nervous going through internet I am not sure of. It's nice to talk to such seasoned cruisers to learn so much.

Your welcome. We have never had a issue. If you don't hear after 3-4 days

contact Valuetrips.

Edited by janetz

The Hyatt fills up fast as you can see, its not a huge hotel. The cruiselines use it for their pre/post cruise packages.

Yes they do have safes.

Try calling the hotel directly, I have found that sometimes they have rooms when the site says no. ;)

One place I would not stay is the Comfort Inn on Federal Highway, it was nasty and we left and went to the Hyatt. JMHO.

Thanks for the tips and heads up!

Yes, there's a CVS a couple of blocks away. It's about a 5-minute walk from the Hyatt. I know that for a fact since we stayed at the Hyatt for a month four years ago while my brother-in-law was in the ICU at Dade County. I transferred my prescriptions to the CVS since I hadn't expected to be away that long.

what are the chances of getting early check-in? Our flight arrives at 10:00 a.m.???

what are the chances of getting early check-in? Our flight arrives at 10:00 a.m.???

We got there early one time. Our room was not ready but they put our luggage into a locked area. We just got our suits from our luggage, changed in the bathroom and headed to the pool to wait. :)

Edited by janetz

We really like the Renaissance however the days of booking it at $149 in the winter are gone and its now more than double that. We have stayed at the Hyatt Place -17th and Convention Center but did not have the best experience. Last year in a moment of weakness and stupidity we booked 2 nights at the Ocean Sky (that won't happen again) and this upcoming January we are booked in at the Embassy Suites (17th Ave) which we booked in very early August at $208 and we are looking forward to trying it. On one of our roll calls for January someone reported that the Hilton-Marina had some rooms at about $180 thru LMT.

The Hyatt fills up fast as you can see, its not a huge hotel. The cruiselines use it for their pre/post cruise packages.

Yes they do have safes.

Try calling the hotel directly, I have found that sometimes they have rooms when the site says no. ;)

One place I would not stay is the Comfort Inn on Federal Highway, it was nasty and we left and went to the Hyatt. JMHO.

All the current Trip Advisor reports rate the Comfort Suites at 1800 Federal Hwy at near excellent. When did you last stay at this hotel or are you speaking of Comfort Inn at 3551 Commercial Blvd?

Edited by islandatsea

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in April and were very happy with the choice. While the hotel is not the newest, it was clean and very convenient. Local shopping for last minute items and a view of the harbor if you get a top floor room. Very nice staff. Hotel has a shuttle to the port. Several restaurants within walking distance. Worked out for us.

Edited by SkystheLimit
spelling

Federal Hwy in June, and like I said it was nasty.

We thank you for your info regarding that hotel. We will let you know how it is in November when we stay there. Too many positive reviews on Trip Advisor regarding this hotel. Maybe that hotel was having a bad day when you was there.

My husband and I will be staying at the Lago Mar right on the beach by the port in Sept. They are giving us early check in. You can see the ships sail in and out from your room. If you have an Oceanfront that is. If not from the hotel and beach

Edited by LovetheSea

Although not mentioned so far, do not stay at the Rodeway Inn on SR 84. It is a dump and they treat their visitors like 4 y/o. The manager (owner?) is very aggressive and insists you do everything his way. On the morning of the cruise he used the PA system which blasts throughout the complex constantly giving orders, telling risque jokes and pretending he was a comedian. I wrote him up in TripAdvisor and he tried to get it squashed including trying to contact me. I found out that was his usual MO so don't believe the ratings. I traveled 90% in my job out of state and have never been treated that badly in my life.

Edited by satxdiver

We stayed at the Hilton last year - I think it was the Hilton Marina? It's right at the end of 17th St. It was walking distance to the Embassy Suites shopping area you mentioned...I would say 15 mins one way at most. The hotel has a shuttle to take you over to the pier on embarkation day, so that was handy. Rooms were spacious, comfy, and most important, CLEAN! Nice outdoor bar/eating area as well; we'd stay there again (except we've already booked the Embassy Suites for our next cruise, lol)

Although it hasn't been recent, I've stayed at the Comfort Inn on Sterling. It was neat, clean, and nothing fancy. During the evening I had a munchies attack and didn't want to go to McDonalds next door. The maintenance man was nice enough to drive me to a Walgreens so I could pick up a few things.

We like either the Best Western or Hampton Inn on 84th street. Excellent location with airport shuttle, across the street from a Winn Dixie, roadhouse type restaurant, Subway, Wendy's etc. liquor store all within a 3 minute walk. About 12 or $15 dollars in a cab to the port. They have a shuttle, but we prefer the cab.

We thank you for your info regarding that hotel. We will let you know how it is in November when we stay there. Too many positive reviews on Trip Advisor regarding this hotel. Maybe that hotel was having a bad day when you was there.

I read through the reviews as well, maybe they changed mgt. We tried 3 different rooms. They were all filthy. I won't stay there again. There is too much competition.

I read through the reviews as well, maybe they changed mgt. We tried 3 different rooms. They were all filthy. I won't stay there again. There is too much competition.

Too bad you had that experience but logically how can reviews be almost excellent on Trip Advisor if that hotel is as "nasty" for when you were there? Not disputing your account of how the hotel was at that point in time. Maybe they did change management & the place is much better now. We may be going to South Florida to visit family down there next month, so we will stop by & check the hotel to see what condition it is since we will be in the area.

We agree with you about there is much competition in that area, so why go back to a place where you had a bad experience. Don't find fault at all with your reason never to visit there again. Bottom line is, just want to find out how it is now & go from there.

The Hyatt Regency is the closest that I can think of. It's about a 5 minute drive to port everglades. Clearly visible from any ship in port. Clean and reputable hotel

Unfortunately, the port is permanantly closing the 17th St entrance, so you will now have to drive to S.R. 84 to get into the port.

I am interested in the closure as well. I can find one lone post on CC saying that the closure occurred as of this morning but I can't find anything official online. There is some reference to a relocation of the Eisenhower Blvd. security check but no reference to a permanent closure.

Unfortunately, the port is permanantly closing the 17th St entrance, so you will now have to drive to S.R. 84 to get into the port.

I am interested in the closure as well. I can find one lone post on CC saying that the closure occurred as of this morning but I can't find anything official online. There is some reference to a relocation of the Eisenhower Blvd. security check but no reference to a permanent closure.

I found this on the http://www.porteverglades.net/ website just now. This is not good news.

Important Message

close

Gate Relocation Notice

Gate 6, located on Eisenhower Blvd. south of the Convention Center, will be closed permanently on Monday, Sept. 8 at 6AM as part of the Seaport and Convention Center Security Improvement Project. Port users that previously used Gate 6 will access the docks in Northport and the west side of Midport by using the newly constructed Gate 13, which is just south of Spangler Blvd. on Eisenhower, beginning Monday morning.