Afternoon activities after morning tour

LukeSadler05

Hi,

First message here and hoping someone might be able to help.

We're on the P&O Britannia departing next week and are looking at booking shore excursions for St Lucia. My mum has is very very keen on going dolphin hunting and the cruise offers a 3 hour morning tour. Would we have time after to take a private tour and see some of the other highlights of the island such as the Pitons and the volcano etc? or would we be back too late to make this possible?

What would have been ideal was a tour that combined both the highlights of St Lucia with dolphin watching but I haven't been able to find anything like this unfortunately.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

First message here and hoping someone might be able to help.

We're on the P&O Britannia departing next week and are looking at booking shore excursions for St Lucia. My mum has is very very keen on going dolphin hunting and the cruise offers a 3 hour morning tour. Would we have time after to take a private tour and see some of the other highlights of the island such as the Pitons and the volcano etc? or would we be back too late to make this possible?

What would have been ideal was a tour that combined both the highlights of St Lucia with dolphin watching but I haven't been able to find anything like this unfortunately.

Thanks in advance

You won't have much time at all for any other sightseeing tours.

The Pitons are a solid 1.15 hour drive from the port area, and that's under good conditions, ie no traffic, etc.

Hopefully your Dolphin tour will head south along the Coastline so you'll at least get to see the Pitons from sea.

Or consider a tour with a local operator that includes Piton views or such.

Maybe Mystic Man or Hackshaw's or Captain Tom or Exodus would be a better fit...

Good luck..

You won't have much time at all for any other sightseeing tours.

The Pitons are a solid 1.15 hour drive from the port area, and that's under good conditions, ie no traffic, etc.

Hopefully your Dolphin tour will head south along the Coastline so you'll at least get to see the Pitons from sea.

Or consider a tour with a local operator that includes Piton views or such.

Maybe Mystic Man or Hackshaw's or Captain Tom or Exodus would be a better fit...

Good luck..

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

I did fear this would be the case and if she went ahead with the dolphin watching trip it would mean being back too late for anything else.

When you say a tour with one of those providers do you mean a tour that would combine dolphin watching with the highlights? or do you mean booking just a day tour with them, minus the dolphins?

I would suggest contacting local tour operators tell them what you want to see and do, the time the ship arrives and the time you want to be back at port and ask them what your options are. I’ve done this in several ports and they will gladly work with you and fit everything in if at all possible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would suggest contacting local tour operators tell them what you want to see and do, the time the ship arrives and the time you want to be back at port and ask them what your options are. I’ve done this in several ports and they will gladly work with you and fit everything in if at all possible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for the advice, this was my original plan but I have been unable to find the confirmed times for the port anywhere and was hesitant to arrange something on the basis of a time that could be wrong!

I'll email the tour operators listed above and see if they're able to help regardless.

Thanks again

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

I did fear this would be the case and if she went ahead with the dolphin watching trip it would mean being back too late for anything else.

When you say a tour with one of those providers do you mean a tour that would combine dolphin watching with the highlights? or do you mean booking just a day tour with them, minus the dolphins?

The operators I listed above offer whale/Dolphin watching tours that include going down the coast and seeing the Pitons, etc. Some offer whale watching in conjunction with some of the land sightseeing also.

Alternatively, consider Dolphin/whale watching on a different island and do an island tour in St Lucia as our scenery and activites is fairly different than most of the Caribbean islands...

The operators I listed above offer whale/Dolphin watching tours that include going down the coast and seeing the Pitons, etc. Some offer whale watching in conjunction with some of the land sightseeing also.

Alternatively, consider Dolphin/whale watching on a different island and do an island tour in St Lucia as our scenery and activites is fairly different than most of the Caribbean islands...

Thanks reedprincess, I have emailed those operators to see if they can assist in booking up a full day tour incorporating all of it.

If I have no luck I will try and see if I can find another island offering the dolphin watching so I can see the highlights of St Lucia

• 2 weeks later...
Are there tours available at the port at the last minute for four people and how much would it cost?

Yes, there's taxis and tour providers available at the port. Cost will vary wildly based on what you want to do. Water based trips are unlikely to be possible last minute as they fill up quickly..

If you want to go down to the Pitons, figure on $200 or so round-trip plus any entrance fees or lunch or drinks... Up to Rodney Bay, figure $30 one way, then chairs or lunch oe splash park, etc. Tours can often work out more economical as they include entrance frees, drinks, lunch, etc.

Enjoy.