Spencer Ambrose Snorkel Adventure, just back

merinski

We just got back from our cruise. We really enjoyed our tour! We did the Speed boat adventure snorkel tour. We were dropped off at Anse Chastanet beach resort. It is a very nice beach and we snorkeled there. then rested under palm trees.

We were picked up on time and taken to Jalousie /sugar beach we were treated royally and Terry even saved us lounges!

We snorkeled there as well, and really enjoyed our time there. On the way back we slowed down to see a bat cave and some fishing villages and photo stops. Thank you so much Spencer and team!

Would recommend this tour!

We just got back from our cruise. We really enjoyed our tour! We did the Speed boat adventure snorkel tour. We were dropped off at Anse Chastanet beach resort. It is a very nice beach and we snorkeled there. then rested under palm trees.

We were picked up on time and taken to Jalousie /sugar beach we were treated royally and Terry even saved us lounges!

We snorkeled there as well, and really enjoyed our time there. On the way back we slowed down to see a bat cave and some fishing villages and photo stops. Thank you so much Spencer and team!

I appreciate the feedback. I had originally scheduled the land and sea tour but my husband and I love St Lucia for its snorkeling and really love Anse Chastenet so we changed to the snorkeling tour. Spencer was really patient with my 1000 questions and many emails and he arranged the same as you. Ive been to both areas before and love them. If you are going to snorkel, St. Lucia is definitely up there as a place to do so in the Caribbean as is St. Johns.

• 2 weeks later...

Having already done Spencer's Land, Sea, and Beach Adventure three times (!!) already, I am looking forward to this tour with them. I really love how they treat everyone. They are so genuine and caring. You are never treated like "just another tourist".

Having said that, Can you give a guess-timate about how much time did you spend on each stop and the total length of the tour? I know in their website it says 3-3.5 hours but I wanted to be sure. How was snorkeling at Anse Chastanet??

Having already done Spencer's Land, Sea, and Beach Adventure three times (!!) already, I am looking forward to this tour with them. I really love how they treat everyone. They are so genuine and caring. You are never treated like "just another tourist".

Having said that, Can you give a guess-timate about how much time did you spend on each stop and the total length of the tour? I know in their website it says 3-3.5 hours but I wanted to be sure. How was snorkeling at Anse Chastanet??

We were actually the only 2 booked for the snorkel adventure, so instead of taking just us back after the 2 snorkel stops, they let us have longer and have lunch with them. Of course this wouldn't have happened with it being more than the 2 of us. We liked Anse Chastanet, and the beach is nice, but you can't use the lounges, unless you pay, and the snorkeling was nice, but if I were to do it again, I would go with the Sugar beach day . Sugar beach was better snorkeling and the lunch is so nice! So it is supposed to be 3- 3 1/2 hrs, but it ended up being 5 hrs I think. We didn't know that until we got there though. We had 2 hrs at the first stop and the rest was sugar and the trip back.

We were actually the only 2 booked for the snorkel adventure, so instead of taking just us back after the 2 snorkel stops, they let us have longer and have lunch with them. Of course this wouldn't have happened with it being more than the 2 of us. We liked Anse Chastanet, and the beach is nice, but you can't use the lounges, unless you pay, and the snorkeling was nice, but if I were to do it again, I would go with the Sugar beach day . Sugar beach was better snorkeling and the lunch is so nice! So it is supposed to be 3- 3 1/2 hrs, but it ended up being 5 hrs I think. We didn't know that until we got there though. We had 2 hrs at the first stop and the rest was sugar and the trip back.

I think there are only 4 on our trip but Spencer is charging me for the whole day instead of 3 1/2 hours because we are going the full 6-7 hours with Anse Chastenet and Jalousie. It's fine though. Anse Chastenet's best snorkeling is to the left of the beach along the rocks/cliffs (I don't know how to describe it). I actually like it better than Jalousie (sugar beach) because of the variety and less people. We probably won't use the loungers as we are there to snorkel but I think the resort is ok with you using the bathrooms (at least we always use them when we are there) at Anse. We usually just end up throwing our towels down somewhere with our backpacks. Husband and I can't sit still too long so chair rentals are useless for us. Just reading your description makes me want to go even more. April cannot come soon enough!

I think there are only 4 on our trip but Spencer is charging me for the whole day instead of 3 1/2 hours because we are going the full 6-7 hours with Anse Chastenet and Jalousie. It's fine though. Anse Chastenet's best snorkeling is to the left of the beach along the rocks/cliffs (I don't know how to describe it). I actually like it better than Jalousie (sugar beach) because of the variety and less people. We probably won't use the loungers as we are there to snorkel but I think the resort is ok with you using the bathrooms (at least we always use them when we are there) at Anse. We usually just end up throwing our towels down somewhere with our backpacks. Husband and I can't sit still too long so chair rentals are useless for us. Just reading your description makes me want to go even more. April cannot come soon enough!

I believe it is $2 to use the bathrooms at Anse Chastanet for non guests. You will get your moneys worth. A very nice day!

Thank you for the great review. Quesiton: Did you bring your own snorkel equipment or did he have some to borrow? Life vests?

Thank you.

Thank you for the great review. Quesiton: Did you bring your own snorkel equipment or did he have some to borrow? Life vests?

Thank you.

We bring our own snorkel equipment, but I believe he does have some. We don't seem to need life vests in the Caribbean ocean, we float, but I'm sure he would have some for you. Just email him.

They are so accommodating .