Is Silent Disco Still a Thing?

SCGirl3211

We will be on the Reflection in a couple of weeks. Wondering if the Silent Disco (where everyone wears headphones and dances/sings to different types of music) is still an event. We had such a blast participating in one on Silhouette.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be on the Reflection in a couple of weeks. Wondering if the Silent Disco (where everyone wears headphones and dances/sings to different types of music) is still an event. We had such a blast participating in one on Silhouette.

It was in December on Reflection at least 2 nights of 11.

I had the very best night on the Summit last Summer at the Silent Disco. It was the night of my 50th Birthday and I danced for an hour straight with my then 9 year old daughter - I hope it is still a thing - I plan on doing it again this Summer while she is still not too cool to dance with her mom.

From Aug. 2017:

We were on the Silhouette 2 weeks ago on a 9-day cruise. We had Silent Disco two of the nights. It was so much fun! Even my husband, who does not like to dance at all, had a great time. He went around telling every officer he saw, what a great event it was!

I often see people put noroheadphones on and prance around making weird shapes around the Martini bar

I presume they are listening to music

Many are smiling

I remain seated, quietly enjoying my drink, doing my best not to make eye contact

We were on the Silhouette 2 weeks ago on a 9-day cruise. We had Silent Disco two of the nights. It was so much fun! Even my husband, who does not like to dance at all, had a great time. He went around telling every officer he saw, what a great event it was!

We will be sailing the Reflection on a 9 day eastern Caribbean. Assume there will be 2 silent disco events ... Where and what time do they normally have them, are they on sea days?

So fun! I'm really looking forward to this activity. We have done silent discos around NY before and it's really fun! Are they only late in the evening?

I've only seen Silent Disco in the evening. "Late" is relative. :)

So fun! I'm really looking forward to this activity. We have done silent discos around NY before and it's really fun! Are they only late in the evening?

We’ve done it twice on Eclipse. Seems to be timed to start before the exit from the second show so 9.15 ish. Great fun. We met a 70 yr old couple on our last cruise and said they should try it. He wasn’t keen but they went and loved it. He hated dancing but the headphones made him feel uninhibited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just was on the Reflection January for a b2b and now aboard the Equinox and the silent disco is alive and well

I hope they have stopped using the Spa Cafe area for the event! It's like listening to a herd of elephants stomping around on top of your cabin. Not cool when it starts at 11PM and they're still dragging the chairs back into place at 1AM.

They had it on our cruise on Reclection in January and it was super annoying that they held it in the atrium area because the participants were SO loud so it was difficult to have a conversation/enjoy a drink in the Martini Bar.

They should host it in a lounge like the Sky Lounge or the Solarium or even out on the Pool Deck.

We’ve done it twice on Eclipse. Seems to be timed to start before the exit from the second show so 9.15 ish. Great fun. We met a 70 yr old couple on our last cruise and said they should try it. He wasn’t keen but they went and loved it. He hated dancing but the headphones made him feel uninhibited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's great! We'll be sure not to miss it. I think the kids can manage to stay up for one night. Or maybe we'll book a sitter. Either way I *will* be dancing [emoji1437]🕺🏻