Transfers from Houston to Galveston

boobydoo

We just returned from Liberty yesterday. We used Galveston Limousine. They are cheaper than Galveston Express, have more vehicles, and they provided outstanding first class service. :)

thank you i am going to look into this :)

stupid question...do we have to get transport from airport to our hotel Omni houston ,then back in the morinig to pick up limo/taxi from airport to take us to port? sorry im easily confused :)

You only need to return to the airport if you are using the cruise lines transfers. Private transport will pick you up where you want.

I used super schuttle in Feb - they were late picking me up at the airport and I had to look for them.

After my cruise, they forgot me - called them - oh yeah oops - will be there within the hour - do not bother - took a taxi - lots available! and it was cheaper!

Just got in to Galveston for our Carnival Freedom cruise. Found a local taxi driver recommendation here on Cruise Critic. Contacted him before arrival and gave us great info about the Island. When we needed a ride, I called him and we were his next customer. When we wanted to get back to our hotel, called him and we were his next customer. PLEASE give him your business when on the Island. Who is he? Galvestonn Taxi Kent. His number: 409. 497. 5117.

I'll be using him to get us to the port as well. Can't give you any stronger recommendation than this.

We also used Galveston Limo to get from IAH to our Galveston hotel. No problems with that either. I used their Online special of $25 per person, each way.

Just got in to Galveston for our Carnival Freedom cruise. Found a local taxi driver recommendation here on Cruise Critic. Contacted him before arrival and gave us great info about the Island. When we needed a ride, I called him and we were his next customer. When we wanted to get back to our hotel, called him and we were his next customer. PLEASE give him your business when on the Island. Who is he? Galvestonn Taxi Kent. His number: 409. 497. 5117.

I'll be using him to get us to the port as well. Can't give you any stronger recommendation than this.

We also used Galveston Limo to get from IAH to our Galveston hotel. No problems with that either. I used their Online special of $25 per person, each way.

We will keep Kent's number. Thanks. Was the Galveston Limo a shared ride? How many people were in your group? Can you reserve in advance?

The taxi estimate is for one way

Thus for return it's double...;)

FYI: with Galveston limo, hobby to Galveston return is only $40.

I did not realize by "return" you meant round trip. I thought you were referring to returning to the airport from the ship.

I know I'm a pain but still trying to understand our transfers!

I need to get from IAH to omni hotel Houston. Then the next day need to get to Galveston to pick up liberty of the seas........ do I need to get a hotel transfer from airport to hotel then go back to airport to pick up return trip from Galveston limos or can they pick up from hotel? I'm sooo confused lol

I know I'm a pain but still trying to understand our transfers!

I need to get from IAH to omni hotel Houston. Then the next day need to get to Galveston to pick up liberty of the seas........ do I need to get a hotel transfer from airport to hotel then go back to airport to pick up return trip from Galveston limos or can they pick up from hotel? I'm sooo confused lol

You would have to ask the shuttle service directly. The prices quoted are from/to the airport. So it would probably be easier if you take the hotel shuttle back to the airport.

When we returned from the cruise, there were a couple of people going on to Houston hotels. Their drop off point was at the airport, so that they could catch their hotel shuttles.

It's not particularly confusing.

I have rang RC again today to enquire about transfers and was again told that there are none available and that I have to make my own way there.

I have also been in contact with Galveston limos and spoke to the lovely Connie who has given me quotes of $50 round trip each from airport to port. Very happy with that.....just need to sort transfers from airport to hotel the day before cruise then back to the airport to pick up shuttle. At the moment the lowest price I've got is hotel transfer which is $120 (that's more than the shuttle to port!)

Still Very excited 😋

I have rang RC again today to enquire about transfers and was again told that there are none available and that I have to make my own way there.

I have also been in contact with Galveston limos and spoke to the lovely Connie who has given me quotes of $50 round trip each from airport to port. Very happy with that.....just need to sort transfers from airport to hotel the day before cruise then back to the airport to pick up shuttle. At the moment the lowest price I've got is hotel transfer which is $120 (that's more than the shuttle to port!)

Still Very excited [emoji39]

Are you set on staying at the Omni? It's nowhere close to either of Houston's airports. I wasn't clear whether you are flying to Hobby or IAH. If IAH there is a Marriott Hotel right in the airport and there is a tram to get there from baggage claim. We are either staying there or one of the closer airport hotels with a free shuttle back to the airport to catch our shuttle to the port on the morning of our cruise. I would rather stay overnight in Galveston but we arrive after the last shuttle of the day.

We just returned from Liberty yesterday. We used Galveston Limousine. They are cheaper than Galveston Express, have more vehicles, and they provided outstanding first class service. :)

Yes they are cheap, but very disorganized. From our experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Still Very excited

Have you considered renting a car for one day? We are renting a car as we arrive the day before the cruise. Then we are returning the car to the airport to catch the cruise shuttle to the port. I booked a Ford Focus or similar for only $42 taxes/fees included.

Yes they are cheap, but very disorganized. From our experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What would be your suggestions for improvement. Were you on a big bus 30 40 passenger or a smaller vehicle?

I am taking Galveston Express... But after reading so many negative reviews on yelp after booking, I am getting kinda nervous....

I am flying in on Friday at 5 pm the day before the cruise on Saturday.. I'm not too worried about that pick up, I'm at the airport, and I can find some kind of transportation there if I look around and scout out shuttles I can sneak on...

But its the return, the worst thing, I'm standing out in that hot sun for hours waiting for them.. I made sure I had a later flight about 3:30, to allow some flexibility... I would hate to blow a fortune on a taxi back to hobby.

We stayed overnight near Hobby using the hotel shuttle back and forth. Caught Galveston Limo back at Hobby leaving at 9:30a to port. Upon disembarkation we had to wait perhaps 30 minutes outside port for Limo to complete its rounds in Galveston and arrive at port. Efficient trip to Hobby from there. All arranged and paid for on web site. Will employ exact same strategy if we sail from Galveston again.

This experience was not the same for me. The email said multiple shuttles they were not multiple shuttles and we didn't leave until 11:55 for the 11:30 shuttle. We were standing outside about 10:25 and never saw a shuttle until 11:15 which passed us by. I called the office and they said they were unloading passengers, going to Breeze and then coming back for us. I will use a private service or the ships when leaving next time.

I am taking Galveston Express... But after reading so many negative reviews on yelp after booking, I am getting kinda nervous....

I am flying in on Friday at 5 pm the day before the cruise on Saturday.. I'm not too worried about that pick up, I'm at the airport, and I can find some kind of transportation there if I look around and scout out shuttles I can sneak on...

But its the return, the worst thing, I'm standing out in that hot sun for hours waiting for them.. I made sure I had a later flight about 3:30, to allow some flexibility... I would hate to blow a fortune on a taxi back to hobby.

I saw many Galveston Express shuttles loading and leaving during my 1 1/2 hour wait for Galveston Limo. There is an awning with shade but no benches when waiting for any shuttle. They really need to provide some seating.

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps you could read the thread? :D:):D

I have plus many others. Really just trying to keep the conversation going. Best I can tell is the grass is always greener on the other side. People who booked one get upset as the other's vans come and go while they sit and wait. We're 99 days out and have yet to book any transportation.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app