Thank you Upgrade Fairy!!!

California
829 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
We leave on the Radiance out of Sydney in a few weeks so I logged in to complete our online paperwork yesterday. I ran out of time, so logged in again last night and did a double and triple take regarding our room assignment. We were upgraded from a D1 to a JS! I am still in major shock!!! The cruise has been sold out of suites and balconies for a few months now and has been sold out of interior cabins for the last several weeks! This is our 9th cruise with RCCL and our first visit from the upgrade fairy! We had booked our original cabin over a year ago and am sad to be losing it since it was center hump, but will take the JS. Thank you upgrade fairy!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past & Upcoming Cruises
The Big Red Boat - June 1989
Monarch of the Seas - June 1993
Voyager of the Seas - November 2004
Freedom of the Seas - June 2010
Serenade of the Seas - June 2012
Golden Princess - November 2013
Allure of the Seas - June 2014
Anthem of the Seas - May 2015
Liberty of the Seas (Caribbean) - February 2016
Explorer of the Seas (Alaska) - 2016
Radiance of the Seas (Australia/New Zealand) - November 2017
Symphony of the Seas (Barcelona to Miami) - October 2018
Kari
Central Illinois
121,532 Posts
Joined Apr 2008
Originally posted by CyberTag
We leave on the Radiance out of Sydney in a few weeks so I logged in to complete our online paperwork yesterday. I ran out of time, so logged in again last night and did a double and triple take regarding our room assignment. We were upgraded from a D1 to a JS! I am still in major shock!!! The cruise has been sold out of suites and balconies for a few months now and has been sold out of interior cabins for the last several weeks! This is our 9th cruise with RCCL and our first visit from the upgrade fairy! We had booked our original cabin over a year ago and am sad to be losing it since it was center hump, but will take the JS. Thank you upgrade fairy!!!
Oh, she's down under! That's why we don't see her up here anymore.

Congratulations!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bob

Past Cruises

Celebrity: Mercury
RCCL: Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Legend, Liberty, Majesty, Mariner, Monarch, Navigator, Oasis, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Sovereign, Vision, Voyager
Panhandle, Fl
1,913 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Definite congrats! We got upgraded a couple weeks ago from a JS GTY to a GS for our 11/26/17 Oasis sailing!! After 27 years sailing w/ RCCL we finally got the prize. lol!
Rio Grande Valley, TX
321 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Originally posted by Host Clarea

Congratulations!
We just got off her in Sydney from the transpacific crossing on October 8th. There was a dreadful cold going around too. Judging by all the coughing and sniffling going on, more than half the people caught it; my wife and I included. Glad it was only a cold and not the flu.

Oh and congrats on the upgrade, CyberTag!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous Cruises
Carnival Holiday - Western Caribbean - 1994
Carnival Paradise - Eastern Caribbean - 2000
Carnival Spirit - Panama Canal - April 2003
Splendor of the Seas - Mexico - Dec 2005
Vision of the Seas - Alaska - July 2006
Splendor of the Seas - Mexico - Dec 2006
Radiance of the Seas - Hawaii - April 2007
Voyager of the Seas - Transatlantic - April 2008
Sovereign of the Seas - Bahamas - August 2008
Jewel of the Seas - Scandinavia & Russia - May 2009
Voyager of the Seas - Western Caribbean - Nov 28, 2010
Voyager of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean - Dec 5, 2010 (B2B)
Mariner of the Seas - Transatlantic - October 26, 2011
Independence of the Seas - Ultimate 18 Day Mediterranean Cruise - November 29, 2011
Grandeur Of The Seas - 10 Night Greece Cruise - June 22, 2012
Navigator of the Seas - Transatlantic - November 10, 2013
Celebrity Millennium - 15 Japan Jubilee Cruise (Transpacific) - September 12, 2014
Serenade of the Seas - 7 Night Bahama Cruise - November 29, 2014
Quantum of the Seas - 16 Nights Barcelona to Dubai - 13 May 2015
Jewel of the Seas - 4 Night Bahama Cruise - 24 April, 2016
Jewel of the Seas - 15 Night Florida to Italy Cruise - 28 April 2016 (B2B)
Liberty of the Seas - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise - 6 Nov 2016
Liberty of the Seas - 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise - 30 April 2017
Radiance of the Seas - 11 Night Hawaii Cruise - 8 September, 2017
Radiance of the Seas - 18 Transpacific Cruise - 19 September, 2017 (B2B)
NE Ohio - GO TRIBE
46,001 Posts
Joined Oct 2004
Congratulations. If you did not pay anything towards your upgrade and it really was the upgrade fairy that switched cabins for you, unfortunately you will not earn double points. But, you will enjoy the extra space, larger bathroom and walk-in closet.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Patti (& Jim)
Pinnacle Club

Seattle, WA
11,404 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Way to go. Congrats!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Bill
Diamond Plus
Photo Reviews of cruises: Radiance (Hawaii)-5/17 Rhapsody (Caribbean) - 1/17 Radiance (Alaska) - 8/16
Radiance (Hawaii) - 04/16 Jewel (B2B West Coast) - Sept 26 - Oct 10, 2015 Jewel (West Coast) - 05/15

Oasis (birthday cruise)- 01/15 Rhapsody (Hawaii)-09/14 Legend (Panama Canal) - 11/13 Allure 05/13
Jewel 03/13 - 1st Caribbean Radiance 09/12 - Hawaii Splendour 05/12 - E. Mediterranean
Mariner 11/10 - Mexican Riviera Voyager 05/10 - W. Mediterranean (no pictures)
Upcoming-Ovation (Singapore-Malaysia-Thailand)-April 9, 2018, Ovation (Singapore-Vietnam-Hong Kong-Korea-China)-April 14, 2018
Explorer (Seattle)-September 21, 2108, Vision (Panama Canal)-November 29, 2018, Radiance (Hawaii)-May 5, 2019
2,374 Posts
Joined Jul 2007

Congratulations!
Congratulations on the upgrade. The JS on the Radiance are very nice😊She has only just arrived for the Australian cruise season. Radiance is one of our favourite ships. We promise to take care of her and her crew whilst downunder. Just wish we could keep her all year round. 😊
Rhode Island
9,174 Posts
Joined May 2008

Congratulations!
I think the last time we saw her was in the late 90's.

Congrats OP!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Gregg

Kingston - ON Canada
649 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
What a wonderful surprise for you! We cruised on the Radiance out of Sydney a couple of years ago. It was a fantastic cruise, great itinerary. Would love to do it again one day. Enjoy!

Suzanne
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Adventure (14), Brilliance, Enchantment (3), Monarch (3), Majesty; Explorer; Empress; Radiance; Jewel (3); Serenade (5); Allure; and a few others before those. Next: Navigator transatlantic - April 22, 2018; Serenade - March 25, 2019.
North Carolina
225 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Very Nice, Enjoy !!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
HAL OoSTERDAM 2007 Alaska
ROYAL FREEDOM of the seas 2014 western caribbean
HAL WESTERDAM 2015 Alaska
ROYAL BRILLIANCE of the seas 2016
ROYAL OASIS of the seas December 2017
ROYAL ADVENTURE of the seas October 2018

There are only two days a year when we can do nothing. One is called yesterday, and the other tomorrow.
959 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
I will also be sailing Radiance in a few weeks from Sydney...this cruise is also sold out since final payment deadline but cabins are popping up from time to time..

And when I checked the cruise planner also yesterday, I was also upgraded from a Large Ocean View cabin in deck 4 (opposite of the solo cabins few steps from Atrium where the large window Oceanviews are) to a D1 midship Balcony at deck 10 where the JS cabins are.

Are we on the same sailing? Who knows this might be your room.

It is actually my first time to be upgraded, and also happened to be my first cruise as a D+, so what they have written on the fine print that D+ and Pinnacles have greater chances of upgrades might be true.. as I have been Diamond for quite a few years... never been upgraded until now.
Wichita, KS
1,149 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Will you get the double points for sailing a JS?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Swindon
106 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Originally posted by CCC3
Will you get the double points for sailing a JS?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Unfortunately you don’t we got a fairy upgrade last year on Navigator x Got an upgrade from D1 as it was then to JS loved the extra room and lush large balcony

Congrats x Terrie
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Adventure of The Seas. 08/14