Wow....some really harsh words about the Seaside !

Shippy

view?usp=drivesdk

I honestly don't know. It seems to be the logical place, but then I've also read that the Venchi stuff is excluded because it's a contracted brand on the ship so...I don't know for sure but am hoping for the best. I have yet to see any menus or details about this particular issue from those on board right now. I would love for my worries to be proved wrong, haha!

Looks like Miami Beach Bar is the place to go for milkshakes and ice cream.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g70v982Lia_WnEQxpRaDwRu40PciPvF4/view?usp=drivesdk

view?usp=drivesdk

This inaugural TA is not what one should expect once the ship is doing its regular cruises from Miami. For one, inaugurals are always fraught with issues in terms of service and figuring out how things are supposed to operate. Secondly, it is a rather different crowd.

It was not an inaugural cruise for TA, but of course some TA took it.

That´s too bad. But maybe that´s because the weather might not be too good to be eating outside.

Anyone knows if you can bring food from the buffet to your cabin? If it is too crowded I would rather just eat there. I think it was NCL who wouldnt let you since they started to charge for room service at any time.

Also, I know MSC charges for room service, but des the food have a cost too?

I hope it is just initial mishaps.

NCL lets you to bring food to your cabin from buffet, we've done it this year. Just not from O'Sheehans at night (and this I believe IS due to possibility to charge you for room service)

Also, I know MSC charges for room service, but des the food have a cost too?

This seems to depend on your experience. The Fantastica (and higher, I'm assuming) experiences say the room service delivery fee is free, as is room service continental breakfast. With the Deluxe Beverage package, the food itself is supposed to be free/included, as well:

ALL-INCLUSIVE DELUXE DRINK PACKAGE A.

ALL-INCLUSIVE DELUXE DRINK PACKAGE ADULT Drink all you want, where you want, in total freedom and with a light heart! Unlimited spirits (Premium brands are included), liqueur, aperitifs, classic and Premium cocktails, wide selection of wines by the glass, draught and bottled beer, non-alcoholic cocktails, soft drinks, juices, mineral water, energy drinks, espresso and cappuccino, drinks from the theme bar menus, minibar, and drinks and food from room service menu.

view?usp=drivesdk

Looks like Miami Beach Bar is the place to go for milkshakes and ice cream.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g70v982Lia_WnEQxpRaDwRu40PciPvF4/view?usp=drivesdk

view?usp=drivesdk

This is the terminology for the package we paid for. Perhaps Miami Beach Bar is the place to go. I wonder about the Pastry Shop. :confused: I mean, to be sure there will be pastries in the dining rooms, at the buffet, etc. but my impression was that this package included some premium choices that otherwise had to be purchased on board. I guess I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks.

MORE-FOR-LESS PREMIUM CHILD ALL-INCLUSIVE UNLIMITED DRINKS

(AVAILABLE TO BOOK FOR CARIBBEAN CRUISES)

*Starting Summer 2017 the More-For-Less Premium will be re-named the All-Inclusive Premium Drink Package.Drink all you want, where you want, in total freedom and with a light heart!

Unlimited beverage consumption of non-alcoholic drinks from the mini bar, Restaurant list, including soft drinks, energy drinks, fruit juices, mineral water, coffee-based drinks, premium teas, hot chocolate delights, non-alcoholic cocktails, smoothies, milkshakes, as well as all items from the ‘Gelateria’ menu and Pastry Shop.

We have the deluxe package for our kids and that's supposed to include all ice cream (I know it's the gelato on the divina, so I assumed it would be the same on the seaside), all items from the ice cream menu (milkshakes, sundaes, etc), smoothies, items from the pastry shop, and so forth. My kids are really excited about those things since we treat them like the treats they are and have them on more special occasions, but now it's sounding like there might not be a place to even get them on this ship? I also was actually looking forward to sports bar food, because again, it's food I generally only eat on holiday or during big games, so it's frustrating to hear that's likely gone, too. The prices of the extra activities are outrageous and another thing we were excited about that now we're wiping off the slate. We were hoping for a pass like on the divina. Perhaps all the expectation makes me gullible, but I don't feel like it's a huge stretch to expect a cruise line to keep some consistency across their fleet, even for new ships. When ncl has a new ship that includes an o'sheehans, for example, I know what to expect. Two weeks away and I'm starting to feel dread.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I was in the Meraviglia during the summer and the ice cream bar was up on the pool deck where slides were.

But this area wasn't opened the whole time.

They also had ice-cream at one of the bars on pool deck to. They had prices up for ice-cream and you had to ask for the included version. They don't tell you where it is. It took us 3 days to find the place.

The Seaside is probably the same.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

This is the terminology for the package we paid for. Perhaps Miami Beach Bar is the place to go. I wonder about the Pastry Shop. :confused: I mean, to be sure there will be pastries in the dining rooms, at the buffet, etc. but my impression was that this package included some premium choices that otherwise had to be purchased on board. I guess I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks.

That information is out-of-date with the arrival, first of Meraviglia and, now, Seaside. The items from pastry shops on Fantasia class are included. However, the new ships have franchise operations onboard now where no packages cover the items served. There's Jean Philippe on Meraviglia and Vendi on Seaside.

This seems to depend on your experience. The Fantastica (and higher, I'm assuming) experiences say the room service delivery fee is free, as is room service continental breakfast. With the Deluxe Beverage package, the food itself is supposed to be free/included, as well:

ALL-INCLUSIVE DELUXE DRINK PACKAGE A.

ALL-INCLUSIVE DELUXE DRINK PACKAGE ADULT Drink all you want, where you want, in total freedom and with a light heart! Unlimited spirits (Premium brands are included), liqueur, aperitifs, classic and Premium cocktails, wide selection of wines by the glass, draught and bottled beer, non-alcoholic cocktails, soft drinks, juices, mineral water, energy drinks, espresso and cappuccino, drinks from the theme bar menus, minibar, and drinks and food from room service menu.

I hope it is just initial mishaps.

NCL lets you to bring food to your cabin from buffet, we've done it this year. Just not from O'Sheehans at night (and this I believe IS due to possibility to charge you for room service)

Thank you for the info :)

That information is out-of-date with the arrival, first of Meraviglia and, now, Seaside. The items from pastry shops on Fantasia class are included. However, the new ships have franchise operations onboard now where no packages cover the items served. There's Jean Philippe on Meraviglia and Vendi on Seaside.

This is really sad news, on the Divina I used most of my coffee & soft drink tickets on gelato milkshakes.

This is really sad news, on the Divina I used most of my coffee & soft drink tickets on gelato milkshakes.

My kids will be disappointed in they can't get some free milkshakes. I guess they can still have some frozen cocktails but a milkshake would be a great treat.

I felt like we got really nickle and dimed on our last cruise on the NCL Escape and I was hoping that Seaside would be better but it sounds like it might be a similar experience.

I wouldn't call the milkshakes free by any means. We are paying well above the price for just the basic kids soda package for the things in the deluxe package that were outlined in the language I posted upthread.

Edited to add: The kids and adult packages both also include "hot chocolate delights," which seems to be venchi's domain, as well. Something's not adding up right.

My kids will be disappointed in they can't get some free milkshakes. I guess they can still have some frozen cocktails but a milkshake would be a great treat.

I felt like we got really nickle and dimed on our last cruise on the NCL Escape and I was hoping that Seaside would be better but it sounds like it might be a similar experience.

Have them get a mudslide. Even better than a milkshake :halo: no alcohol of course :)

Hi Tatka - I *think* you might be misinterpreting "TA" :D It means Trans Atlantic (eg the full crossing over to Miami)

Cheerio

Yes, I thought it was Travel Agent cruise.

But it is also not transatlantic either.

I am very much looking forward to being on the Seaside in march, it was mentioned somewhere about not being able to get the 18 drink pkgs, we just purchased 4 of these, yes that does sound like a lot but we will be on a 14 night cruise, also I think I read about restaurant pkgs, we also purchased pkgs for 3 restaurants. We were on the Meraviglia in october in YC, we were treated so well and loved the ship. Last year we spent Christmas on the Divina with fantastica experience and had a great time! Buffets were busy but I expect them to be as I think there are lots of people who like to eat at the same time as I do, we did order room service breakfast most morning and lt was great so I expect we will do that on the Seaside also. I do have a question about Seaside, on the Divina there were theme nights, white, 70's, Italian. Will this be on Seaside also? We brought disco outfits for the 70's night and had a blast.

No Italian night on Seaside for the Xmas sailing, it is noe a Mediterranean night, the White night and 60'70'80's nights are still there though.

Tatka ... As Seaside is crossing the Atlantic that makes it Transatlantic crossing.

Those who had already bought the 18 drink vouchers will still get them so I believe, MSC stopped them about a month ago along with the Restaurant packages.

If it's not Transatlantic ... what is TA? It's not a turn around cruise.

Ma be for some it ended earlier. They boarded in Trieste I believe and attended several ports. I will recheck Facebook where she posted all photos and info.

I see last post from December 5th when they were in Palma de Mallorca. On Dec 3 they were in Messina.

Maybe now they are crossing Atlantic, but I in some reason don't see any posts

Edited by Tatka

The ship has at least three more ports on the Europe side of the Atlantic, some people were on a Five night cruise from Trieste to Barcelona only.

They have been replaced by those traveling from Barcelona to Miami.

Edited to add: The kids and adult packages both also include "hot chocolate delights," which seems to be venchi's domain, as well. Something's not adding up right.

On Meraviglia last June, I had the premium (deluxe) package and was very disappointed not to be able to get the speciality hot chocolates (that you can get on Fantasia class) without paying extra in Jean Philippe café:

6eca07035ebda9920d0a710071015724.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

That looks lovely, Beamafar. I'm assuming that menu is from the Meraviglia? What venue was serving those drinks? Thanks for posting.

That is from Jean Philippe on Meraviglia. Although there is only one asterisk against the items, the premium package didn't cover them (or anything else in the café!).