St. Thomas, V.I.

pepere

I am torn as a tourist. I know the island needs the tourist dollars bit I wish the residents had power restored before the port shops were up and running.

As far as I am aware, the cruise lines partnered with maegans bay to get it back up and running for the tourists.

I do not know this for fact but I suspect the cruise lines havve donated generously to help the shops particularly those at Crown Bay and Havensight in order for them to get generators and necessities so they can open. The cruis elines have been known to help in these ways.

The taxpayer $$$ were not used to help these US citizens get their lives back. They are still, to this day, without power and fresh water. So how did all those tax $$$ help the US Citizens of St. Thomas ?? The tax $$$ were used to quickly repair the tourist areas and facilities. In Texas, the tax $$$ were not used so tourists could take bus rides and see the massive flooding, they used tax $$$ to help the citizens restore their communities. Maybe you misunderstood my post. People getting the simple basic needs to live, like power and water take precedence over hurried band aids so tourists can buy their tee-shirts and souvenirs..

The logical progression of repairs is to start where the most residents and businesses are first and the most remote areas last, not the reverse order. The port happens to be in the area where repairs would start. It aids recovery efforts when cruise ships can return carrying tens of thousands of passengers every week who pay port charges and spend money in shops whose owners can use the money to effect repairs to their properties and purchase needed supplies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have read that there is a hospital ship permanently docked in Crown Bay. Don't know if HAL ships will still go there at this time. If you are lucky, you might meet the President of the VI like Trump did.

:confused: C onfused............

President Trump as President of U.S., is President of U.S.VI and all U.S. Territories.

:confused: C onfused............

President Trump as President of U.S., is President of U.S.VI and all U.S. Territories.

The poster was jokingly referring to the time after the hurricanes when President Trump said he spoke with the president of the US Virgin Islands ...... not realizing the correct title was "governor".

He was not trying to bring politics into CC -- just a little humor.