Punchliner Comedy Brunch

Riley's Mom

Relatively recent - it replaces breakfast and lunch in the MDR or sea days and I really liked the one on Carnival Conquest. It is not available on all ships.

I posted some pictures including the menus on my Conquest review, if you scroll down on this page:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1760811&page=6

So its not a comedy show with brunch included?

My mistake. Lol

So I am correct ' date=' it is a brunch that replaces breakfast and lunch in the MDR on seadays, correct. No comedy show, no charge.?[/quote']

The brunch is very good but the comedy part is rather a waste.

Comedian comes out for 5 minutes and most people cant see him. Did this on Dream first time saw comedian and was borderline ok, second time we were upstairs couldnt see him and were hapy when he was done.

When you say it replaces MDR breakfast and lunch, does that mean they don't have those meals in MDR or that you choose one or the other?

Yes but only sea days. If you want breakfast gotta go to lido or do room service.

When we did this had breakfast on lido and than to brunch around noon.

My 2 cents, I don't care for the comedy brunch (at least I didn't like the one on the Dream)...as noted, the "comedy" part is a waste...we were there 3 times and heard a comedian start talking about the time we were leaving.

And I am not particularly fond of the brunch menu either. I'd prefer to have the regular breakfast and regular lunch menus.

If you're actually not going to get comedy--then its basically a way to combine the breakfast and lunch menus into one and reduce costs isn't it? (Am I that jaded?) :rolleyes:

Do not ask for anything on the lunch menu til after 10 at least. I wanted the hot churros dipped in chocolate sauce. I got ones from the day before. They were cold and nasty. Waiter said not to order off the lunch menu til 10 if you want fresh food. We did not enjoy it at all.

We were just on the Liberty and we went to The Brunch. We really enjoyed the food. I enjoyed having something different. The mac and cheese with steak on top is delish. We couldn't see the comedian, but we could hear him and he was really funny.

It is on sea days so we went up to the Brunch at about 10 and then had Teatime at 3. I suppose you could go at 9 and then go again at 12 if you were hungry again.

Anyway, we enjoyed the Brunch. No complaints from us.

My 2 cents, I don't care for the comedy brunch (at least I didn't like the one on the Dream)...as noted, the "comedy" part is a waste...we were there 3 times and heard a comedian start talking about the time we were leaving.

And I am not particularly fond of the brunch menu either. I'd prefer to have the regular breakfast and regular lunch menus.

If you're actually not going to get comedy--then its basically a way to combine the breakfast and lunch menus into one and reduce costs isn't it? (Am I that jaded?) :rolleyes:

I thought the brunch stuff was an upgrade from the normal breakfast and was a pleasant change from their normal menu.

Also bread served was a step up.

the comedy brunch replaces the breakfast and lunch menus on the ships that HAVE the Punchliner Comedy Brunch. It is a menu that was specifically made for the brunch.

There are 5 minute cameos by the comedians that are featured on the ship. The food is decent but I really, REALLY miss the lunch that used to be served in the MDR.

Not jaded at all, cost saving was exactly what Carnival Corporate had in mind when they went to a brunch format.

Not jaded at all, cost saving was exactly what Carnival Corporate had in mind when they went to a brunch format.

Some of us would rather have brunch.The hours that its offered is both breakfast and lunch time and the menu has a variety of both breakfast and lunch items.How is this saving the company money?

Getting more people into an underutilized space is what it is about. :rolleyes: And it works.

More efficient use of space does result in cost savings and helps keep the price of my cruises low!

Some of us would rather have brunch.The hours that its offered is both breakfast and lunch time and the menu has a variety of both breakfast and lunch items.How is this saving the company money?

By reducing the number of menu offerings it saves tremendously on food cost.

Getting more people into an underutilized space is what it is about. :rolleyes: And it works.

More efficient use of space does result in cost savings and helps keep the price of my cruises low!

You're assuming the cost savings will be passed on rather than distributed to shareholders.

OK not sure if it is just my head is screwing up or what.

But I'm starting to get very confused.

Posters keep posting things like; with 2.0 upgrades the MDR no longer serves breakfast and/or lunch or Punchliners brunch replaces breakfast in the MDR on sea days .

So in looking at some Fun Times. I'm seeing open seating about 7:30-9:30 in the MDR on port days. Punchliners about 9:00 - 1:30 in the MDR on sea days. So then wouldn't Punchliners just be breakfast/lunch in the MDR with a different name and of course a revised menu from what was offered before 2.0? So the MDR technically still would be serving breakfast on sea days?

Makes one wonder how sardines feel.

In any case lets see what the reviews look like.

Archived