Majesty of the Seas

I will be sailing on Majesty this year and to be quite honest, I was surprised that ship was still in service. Only because the last time I sailed on that ship was in 1993 which seems forever ago!

I'm just wondering how that ship is now? Anyone cruised on Majesty recently that can share pictures or thoughts?

She is still a great little ship. None of the bells and whistles like Allure but they keep her clean and looking good. Our kids had a great honeymoon on her last summer in an superior ocean view room. For short cruises she is great. It will be sad when the move her to pasture too. I like the big ships but the small ones remind you that you are on the ocean. I would not hesitate to go on her again.

I was on the Majesty a couple weeks ago in Junior Suite 1044. It was our first cruise, so we don't have anything to compare it to, but thought it was a great ship and the crew/staff were outstanding.

The ship is easy to navigate, well maintained, and everything worked as it should. There is a little wear starting to show since her last refresh, but she still looks good.

Here she is anchored off shore from Coco Cay as we returned on the tender:

P2130094_zps1da083c2.jpg

And here she is docked in Nassau next to her younger and "slightly" larger sister:

P2120016_zps0606b945.jpg

If you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to try to answer them.

Dan.

Can anyone see the pictures in my post above? I could see them when I posted, but can't see them now. I also no longer have the option to edit that post in attempt to fix the pictures.

I made the post and then went off to eat dinner. I came back to check, and the pictures aren't showing up for me.

It appears the board settings prevent editing after so many minutes or something?

Oh well, I tried! :confused:

Dan.

Can anyone see the pictures in my post above? I could see them when I posted, but can't see them now. I also no longer have the option to edit that post in attempt to fix the pictures.

I made the post and then went off to eat dinner. I came back to check, and the pictures aren't showing up for me.

It appears the board settings prevent editing after so many minutes or something?

Oh well, I tried! :confused:

Dan.

No, cannot see the photos, just an error message saying the photos were deleted or moved.

I was on the Majesty a couple weeks ago in Junior Suite 1044. It was our first cruise, so we don't have anything to compare it to, but thought it was a great ship and the crew/staff were outstanding.

The ship is easy to navigate, well maintained, and everything worked as it should. There is a little wear starting to show since her last refresh, but she still looks good.

Here she is anchored off shore from Coco Cay as we returned on the tender:

P2130094_zps1da083c2.jpg

And here she is docked in Nassau next to her younger and "slightly" larger sister:

P2120016_zps0606b945.jpg

If you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to try to answer them.

Dan.

Let's see if that fixed the pictures? :rolleyes:

No, cannot see the photos, just an error message saying the photos were deleted or moved.

Thanks Bob.

I quoted myself and fixed the pictures in the quoted portion, and now they appear to be showing up in both posts again.

I'm confused now - LOL! :D

Dan.

I went on Monarch and hated it with it being old and small so I wouldn't even try Majesty even though a good friend is the International Ambassador.

Aren't I mean. :confused:

Monarch didn't get a refurb like Majesty, so there is a bit of difference between the ships. Maybe you would have liked it :)

Thanks Bob.

I quoted myself and fixed the pictures in the quoted portion, and now they appear to be showing up in both posts again.

I'm confused now - LOL! :D

Dan.

Yes, I can see the photos fine now.

We cruise Majesty alot. Yes she is smaller, but the staff is fantastic. Great for our weekend getaways.

Captain confirmed on our last Majesty cruise that she will be leaving the fleet sometime in 2014. he did not say when or what will replace her, but did say for sure she would be gone sometime in 2014

I was in Majesty this past January 11 to the 14th and this month February 15 to the 18th. First time in Majesty for me (well, first and second) and I loved it. Service was excellent, as well as food. And Coco Cay is a beautiful beach day.

Here is the link for my review, which covers both cruises. (I still have to finish the last day on the 2nd cruise) It has many pictures and pointers.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1773154&highlight=majesty

Majesty is a very old design and even with the refurb I can't imagine she would have any of the pizazz of the newer ships. The cabins, the food and the entertainment are also way below what we experienced on Explorer and Freedom and the other cruise lines we have tried. We were very disappointed with Majesty in 2000 and decided then never to sail on her again. If it had been our first cruise we might have gone back to land vacations.

It's a great ship. I love the Compass Deli. It's in brand new condition, IMO. A little "dated" compare to the newer ships (e.g. Low ceilings in some areas! small cabins)) but still a fabulous ship. Every class of ship has its "purpose". Some prefer the larger ships with a lot more goings on, then they may think negatively about Majesty. It's all what you make of it. If you go with expectations of relaxing and not worrying about not missing or attending 5 different activities a day, some at the same time, and expect a small cabin, then you will love Majesty.

• 2 weeks later...

THANK YOU EVERYONE for the replies and pictures!!

I have been married for 22 years (in April) and this will be my FIRST EVER girls only trip :D I realize the ship is smaller and older but am happy that it had a refurb not too long ago. We will be staying in a superior ocean view cabin, which will be another first for me (have stayed in inside and balcony cabins only so far).

Thanks again! You guys are great :D :D :D

Archived