Hire car Wellington NZ

hangfive

We have used the Saver option with Ace Rentals in Auckland and Picton, a car 5 years old, not more than 180k, full insurance, road assist, windscreen cover etc about $50NZ per day...we've been happy to plod around and do our own exploration in a small car, cheap and easy.

Thanks. Have sent them an email. I have emailed 4 other companies, and none of them have replied. I was beginning to wonder if the wharf area was still not accessible after the earthquake damage there. Having been to Wellington several times before, I know there are usually loads of cars waiting.

We are organised for Picton. Did you do the Queen Charlotte Drive, via Havelock and Blenheim? If so, did you enjoy it?

Thanks again,

Jen

Kia ora Hangfive,

You need to leave CentrePort to be able to rent or pick up a car. Tour operators can pick up from port, even post-quake, but there's never been on-port rental car hire. You'll be shuttled off-port upon arrival and will be able to make your way to Ace's Depot. From memory, Budget in Ghuznee St and Avis in Dixon St both have reasonably convenient inner-city depots.

Enjoy your day,

Thankyou kiwijo. I will ring and get quotes from the city ones today. Btw, I have pics of what I thought were rentals...maybe they were the imports lined up, LOL. Whatever, we are glad to be returning to our favourite city in NZ.

Apex car rentals is my rental company of choice both throughout NZ and in Australia. They are owned by Avis and have a depot in the city. I am sure that if you ask they will pick you up from where the shuttle stops outside the IBIS hotel and take you up to their depot

Thankyou kiwijo. I will ring and get quotes from the city ones today. Btw, I have pics of what I thought were rentals...maybe they were the imports lined up, LOL. Whatever, we are glad to be returning to our favourite city in NZ.

You'll be welcome back! If you haven't seen the outstanding Gallipoli exhibition at Te Papa, I cannot recommend it highly enough to fellow ANZACs.

You'll be welcome back! If you haven't seen the outstanding Gallipoli exhibition at Te Papa, I cannot recommend it highly enough to fellow ANZACs.

We will be there a few days before ANZAC day next year. I wonder if it will still be there? Guess I will see the signs up showing what's on. We are heading out for the day, and returning back in after lunch. Great place to wander around though , esp if it's wet! Thanks!:)

It's a four-year exhibition that coincides with the period of WW1 and will definitely be on during your visit. Weta Workshop did the storytelling, one of which is focussed on an Australian that served in NZ forces during the campaign. I cannot recommend this highly enough - don't save it for a rainy day!