Oceania Cookbook

snorkling lady

I would love to buy the Oceania Cookbook for a friend of mine, as we have done a couple of cruises with Oceania and he loved the food and is an excellent cook. I saw where I could order it on the Oceania site, but only as a Bon Voyage gift. I checked Amazon.com and only used books are available. Jim & Stan, Mura, and other regulars, do you have any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

Snorkling Lady

Oceania seems to hold all of the stock on the new ones, but if you are not willing to book yourself a cruise in order to gift yourself one as a Bon Voyage present (by far the most sensible alternative), then I would suggest waiting until a mint copy becomes available on Amazon or Ebay.

6a0120a92e343a970b015391a88eb1970b-800wi

Those books were given to a great many people as promotional gifts, so they seem to come up for sale on the secondary market very frequently.....some of them virtually untouched.

Oops! just learned that even Oceania is out of new copies of Taste of the World......so Ebay or Amazon are the only way to go until the second printing.

Edited by JimandStan

I got one for my wife via a reseller through Amazon - it was listed as Used but mint condition - and it was even better than that-- was still shrink-wrapped. Cost was $49. So if you keep checking Amazon or eBay, you should be able to find one.

I got one for $5 at goodwill book store. I was very pleased as we were originally booked on Marina's maiden voyage and had to cancel for family reasons.

I'm sure it had never been used. I buy lots of books on secondary market and some are gifts. My 21yo son was thrilled at Christmas to get a lovely slipcased set of Paddington Bear books!

Mo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If Oceania is a presenter at any travel/cruise shows in your area, you may have a shot at getting the Taste of the World book. We've attended several shows locally where a few books were given away as door prizes. We didn't score any then but we did get a copy by attending an Open House on Regatta when she was in our home port at the end of the Alaska season last year. Taste of the World is a gorgeous book with favorite recipes of staff/guests as well as an insider peak into the Oceania culinary magic. Hope you find it!

Thanks Jim and Stan,

Yes! I would book myself on the Riviera in a heartbeat. We have been on the R ships before but this was a first for the O ship and we loved it. We booked for the Caribbean the end of March (Colorado was very BRRR with snow) Especially Red Ginger and Jaques. And the real French baguettes with butter. my friend has booked for the first of October of next year and that seems like a long time to wait for the cookbook. So I will keep looking at Amazon.

Cheers,

Snorkling Lady

Hi All,

wanted to provide a quick update and let you know that Amazon will be recieving replenishment stock, so anyone wanting to purcahse a new copy may do so.

As soon as the stock arrives at Amazon and is loaded for sale, I will let you know.

Warmest regards,

Tim Rubacky

Prestige Cruise Holdings

Hi All,

wanted to provide a quick update and let you know that Amazon will be recieving replenishment stock, so anyone wanting to purcahse a new copy may do so.

As soon as the stock arrives at Amazon and is loaded for sale, I will let you know.

Warmest regards,

Tim Rubacky

Prestige Cruise Holdings

Tim!!!!

Welcome Back!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Hi All,

Warmest regards,

Tim Rubacky

Prestige Cruise Holdings

Hi Tim,

WOW!!!

Thank you - you just made my day. I really, really wanted a nice copy of the cookbook for my friend. And I will order one for myself. Such a great memory of many happy days on Oceania.

Many cheers and thank you again.

Snorkling Lady

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I’m pleased to report that Amazon has been restocked with both “Taste The World” and “The Oceania Cruises Art Collection”. Direct links to the books are below and thanks so much for everyone’s patience!

Taste The World

The Oceania Cruises Art Collection

Regards,

Tim

Timothy E. Rubacky

Director

Prestige Cruise Holdings, Inc.

Hi all,

I’m pleased to report that Amazon has been restocked with both “Taste The World” and “The Oceania Cruises Art Collection”. Direct links to the books are below and thanks so much for everyone’s patience!

Nice to see your name again on these boards!! I have both books and every time I look at them, I have wonderful memories of being on board!! Arlene;)