NCL Escape Forward Facing or Aft Facing Angled Balcony?

goeva

Which stateroom would you choose?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which stateroom would you choose?

• 11274 (BF)
    • 15270 or 15870 (BD)

Which angled balcony stateroom would you choose? Forward facing stateroom (11274) or aft facing stateroom (15270 or 15870)

15270, 15870 are below Garden Cafe and closer to the pool deck.

11274 is near elevator and stairs.

Thanks! :)

11274.jpg.622aec61fb18f53be3535c1113e0818c.jpg

15270.jpg.79f8d47e7881ce99857ca43b1e2ca09a.jpg

1334544804_deck16.jpg.5b854caa10fc9c0e0cff01ee7703c196.jpg

I would not take one on deck 15. There is a HUGE overhang above you, and you won't be able to see the sky from your balcony. In addition, I love the cabins near the elevators and stairs like the one on 11. We've had both forward and rear angled, and it's a toss up.

15270 is directly on top of the angled we sailed in for the Transatlantic.

Edited by LrgPizza

I would not take one on deck 15. There is a HUGE overhang above you, and you won't be able to see the sky from your balcony. In addition, I love the cabins near the elevators and stairs like the one on 11. We've had both forward and rear angled, and it's a toss up.

Thanks for sharing your experience, LrgPizza. :)

I'd vote for the balcony on the 11th deck, too, mostly for the overhang issue.

We've been in angled balconies twice on the Escape - one forward-facing (14th deck), one aft-facing (12th deck). Both were good; I'd take either in a heartbeat on future cruises for the extra space on the balcony. We spend a lot of time out there!

I'd vote for the balcony on the 11th deck, too, mostly for the overhang issue.

We've been in angled balconies twice on the Escape - one forward-facing (14th deck), one aft-facing (12th deck). Both were good; I'd take either in a heartbeat on future cruises for the extra space on the balcony. We spend a lot of time out there!

Thanks, dolita22!

I have angled balcony booked for our December cruise this year on Getaway. Yay! :D

I did a search on Escape angled balcony before I posted so I was aware of the overhang on deck 15. I was worried that I won't like it, even though I like being closer to the pool deck...you know the rest.

I just booked our 2017 cruise on deck 11. Woo-hoo!

Thank you for voting and sharing your experience! :)

Edited by goeva

Hmmm...We're booked in 15870 next year. I loved the idea of snagging any extra space ,as we will be 2adults and 2 kids in the stateroom and I know they're small. Not sure how I feel about not being able to see the sky, though?! Will have to do some searching to see if anyone can provide a picture taken from the doorway of either 15270 or 15870.

Hmmm...We're booked in 15870 next year. I loved the idea of snagging any extra space ,as we will be 2adults and 2 kids in the stateroom and I know they're small. Not sure how I feel about not being able to see the sky, though?! Will have to do some searching to see if anyone can provide a picture taken from the doorway of either 15270 or 15870.

This picture kind of gives you an idea. We were on 14, which was a little better. Tomorrow we will be on 13, which will be even better, in my opinion.

1500K3__8486_zpswmrvn3nr.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oh gees... thanks for the pic!

Thinking sunburn won't be a problem as I relax on the balcony!? It definitely isn't what I pictured in my head when the TA told me there was one available. I pictured the ones on 13 & 14. Well, I will keep watch and if one happens to open on another deck I would change. Walking distances don't phase us (especially knowing there's some extra calories to burn that week) so I'm not worried about being close to anything in particular deck wise.

Hope you have a wonderful, smooth sailing, LrgPizza!

• 6 months later...

I was looking to book an angled balcony next to the elevators and stairs on the Breakaway (13870) but was worried about noise. Did you notice any when you were booked there before?