Couples Massage

jerseygirl09

I am sure many of you have done this. I was just wondering if we are going to be sore after? lol I have never had a massage so i don't know what to expect. I thought it would be something nice to do together on one of the days at sea. Also, abut how much does a massage cost on board? Thanks!

I am sure many of you have done this. I was just wondering if we are going to be sore after? lol I have never had a massage so i don't know what to expect. I thought it would be something nice to do together on one of the days at sea. Also, abut how much does a massage cost on board? Thanks!

We had one.. it was OK.. my SO booked it as a surprise was nice.. but I am not allowed to have a massage on my legs due to a medical condition.. so I just had the top half.. I have had many massages before for tension in the upper shoulders.. I never felt any pain afterwards.. but some do.. depending on the pressure applied.. and it will be the worst (if you experience any pain) 2 days after...

I can't remember the cost.. neither can he.. but I would wait for the specials they offer on sea days to book it.. dont book it at the reg price.. and be aware that they will try to sell you everything after.. and a polite NO THANKS is all that is needed...;)

If you go to the Carnival site and log in then you can check out the prices under the link on the left side of the page under your reservation. It will be in the plan activities tab. We did the couples hot stone massage and it was great. Expensive but it was worth it. We got a bottle of champagne at dinner that night because of it. As KruznKel stated try for the specials while in port. You don't save a ton of money but some is better than none. Enjoy!

The price on the Pride is $269.

Some people do have pain afterwards, but there is a way around it. I had to do phyiscal therapy for my back, and had to have massages, my therapist told me that applying 10 minutes of heat to the area after a massage will reduce the pain of the muscles being massaged. So a hot towel or sitting in the hot tub for atleast 10 minutes will help reduce the risk of pain.

I think that I would look for a massage in port or at home before paying the onboard prices.

I have an excellent massage therapist who charges $65 for 60 minutes. I couples massage with a second therapist should be about double that price. While prices may vary around the US, you can use this as a rough baseline.

Some ports have on the beach massage at great prices.

YMMV

I have been getting a deep tissue massage every two weeks for about 8 years now. I get them so I can walk. LOL I had a very bad car accident 8 years ago and they really make a difference in my day to day life. I have never had any kind of pain afterwards. It always gets rid of my pain.

If you are worred about it, sign up for a sweedish massage. They are not as intense. They will ask you how strong you want them to rub, let them know if it is too strong. For me, the stronger the better.

• 10 months later...

I SO wish I'd researched this subject on this wonderful website before we cruised last week. My husband, being as sweet as one can be, booked a massage for me the second night. He paid $176.00 for 75 minutes! I pay $65.00 at home for 60 minutes. Plus, the massage therapist pointed to the "tip" line for me to add a tip; so, I added $10.00. Total was $186.00.

She did use some kind of herbal something or another. Unfortunately, some of our time was spent with her trying to convince me I needed to purchase the Elemis Spa products. Also, Camp Carnival is right above the spa; so, we could hear the kids tromping around loudly (which is totally out of the massage therapist's control). Not as relaxing, though, with the thought of kids falling through the ceiling at any moment. :p

When I got back to our cabin, my husband was surprised I was back in 85 minutes (with a 75 min massage, taking elevator to and from the spa, waiting for the massage, going through the spill about the products, etc). So, I called the spa right away. The lady at the desk told me the spa clocks were not syncronized with the ship's clocks. :confused:

I explained to her that 85 minutes is 85 minutes; regardless of the time in my cabin vs the time on her clock. She was accomodating and booked me for a 20 minute complimentary massage the next day (which was actually better than the first and lasted longer than 20 min). I had the same lady; who was very graceful and so kind. She also said, though, "Our clocks are different than the ship's clocks." :confused:

In Cozumel, we took a taxi to a little beach resort where they were offering massages for MUCH less. We spoke to a couple who took advantage of this and said it was wonderful to hear the waves and birds while getting a relaxing massage. In hindsight, we'd have done this massage.

Also, we didn't realize the cost of the Carnival massages would be drastically reduced as the week went on. I finally told my husband to quit looking at the Spa flyers we were getting daily and reminded him I got TWO massages for the price of one!! (Kind of) :o

All in all, I'd never say we were deceived or manipulated at the Spa (as I've heard from others). We chose to get a massage and chose not to buy their products. It was our choice. Being more informed now, I'd not make that choice again, though. ;)

We wanted massages as well but can't see paying so much!

In Port Canaveral we are going to Cocoa Beach for the day. A little google searching turned up www.cocoabeachspa.com Couples Massages $130 . .and up with different packages!

So maybe that is an option for you in one of your ports?

I'm glad I found this post!

My boyfriend & I have wanted to do a couples massage on Carnival, but it's always so expensive. We are staying in Cape Canaveral the night before so maybe we'll treat ourselves & get one here!

Thanks for the info!!

My DF surprised me with a couples massage for Valentine's on the Spirit. The price advertised was $259. for two 60 min. massages, a bottle of champagne & 4 chocolate covered strawberries. He asked about any platinum perks and we were given an extra 10 min. massage. We had it done while the ship was in port, so there was a discount, after a 20. tip for each therapist, our total was $255. It was a very nice way to spend some time on Valentine's day. I agree, like most...it is less expensive for a massage in port. You may not get the cahmpagne & strawberries, but you can arrange to have those in your cabin when you return. When we go to the Caribbean in Nov. for our wedding, I am going to have a massage on the beach.

Archived