Babies on the Jade?

Gemma Watt

Hi,

We are thinking of taking a med cruise on the Jade. Cruised many times before, one with NCL but never with a baby.

Just a few questions. I've seen they have the guppies group. But is there enough in that for babies to be entertained? Our little girl will just be one year old by the time we sail. We just want to make sure there's plenty for her to do.

Also how are babies treated in dining rooms? We don't want to have to go to the buffet every night, so are Norwegian ok with babies in the MDRs and do they have baby food or baby menus available?

Thanks.

They don't have baby food, but a lot of babies are on soft regular food at that age. I believe there is a room you can go play with her in, not sure if the hours. No pools or splash areas for kids in diapers. There are high chairs in all of the restaurants, and I've seen babies in the specialty restaurants.

We'll be leaving on the Jade in one week with our son who will actually be turning one one the cruise! I intend to post a review, so stay tuned! I'm not a buffet fan, so we will frequent the MDR for dinners. As far as guppies groups, I believe they're for babies and a parent at this age.

I will definitely be able to update more later!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I don't have kids but have observed many couples with young children. The staff love them, many of them have their own kids who they don't get to see often. They will fuss all over your youngster. They adore them.

I saw a couple come into the buffet quite late one evening with a child around 1 year old in a stroller. They seemed to have an arrangement with the staff to get some food and a bottle heated up. We wondered what was happening as the staff all came rushing past our table. How we laughed when we saw it was because they all wanted to fuss with the baby, be the one to get the food warmed, get to play for a moment.

The crew will be very happy to help with anything baby related.