Cabin 2711 Rotterdam aft ocean view.

Hflors

Does anyone have any first hand info on this cabin? I am wondering about vibrations and engine noises. If we were going on a 7 day cruise I wouldn't be too concerned, but we will be on her for 27 - 34 days. We love the idea of an aft view and a shower only, but am worried about engine noises and vibrations. Also about the size of the cabin. Is it standard? The other choice we are thinking of is 3316 a partially obstructed view on the Promenade deck. (dh's preferred location) We wish we could afford a lanai. Any info or pics would be great. Thanks.

PS I have done a "thread check", googled this cabin and also gone to another site which has all the "facts" on hal ships. No first hand info! I really need help as I have this cabin on "hold" and need to make a decision. Thanks

We were on the Rotterdam for our last two cruises one was the 38 day Voyage of the Vikings and the other was a 21 day caribbean. Both times our cabin was on our preferred deck, The Promenade. Cabins were aft, 3424 and 3426. We prefer the aft location and the quick access to the deck and outside views and lounge chairs the Promenade provides. But, there is vibration when the ship is moving into place at the pier which sometimes is early in the morning. Also, there is a good deal of noise when the ropes used to secure the ship to the pier are released. But this still does not deter us from booking the aft location. However, I have spoken to some passengers who find this annoying.

Hope this helps.