Celebrity Excursions St. Kitts: Which excursion? A day Trip to Nevis?Or Catamaran?

RockinJ

Has anyone been on these excursions? What are the baths like?

Excursion 1: A Day Trip to Nevis With Lunch. 6hrs $186. CAD (Baths in this one)

Excursion 2: St Kitts Catamaran Sail and Nevis Beach and Get Away. (4 hrs 30 min) On Sale for 129.00 CAD

The Canadian prices will seem high to Americans.

Has anyone been on these excursions? What are the baths like?

Excursion 1: A Day Trip to Nevis With Lunch. 6hrs $186. CAD (Baths in this one)

Excursion 2: St Kitts Catamaran Sail and Nevis Beach and Get Away. (4 hrs 30 min) On Sale for 129.00 CAD

The Canadian prices will seem high to Americans.

We did the day trip to Nevis last Nov. It was very nice. Tour of the island, lunch at the beach, a few hours on the beach. Nice boat ride.

Lots of options for nice pics, not a lot of places to spend extra (which was fine with me). Some walking, not super strenuous though.

We did the day trip to Nevis last Nov. It was very nice. Tour of the island, lunch at the beach, a few hours on the beach. Nice boat ride.

Lots of options for nice pics, not a lot of places to spend extra (which was fine with me). Some walking, not super strenuous though.

We think we'll be gong to Basseterre in March on Eclipse (substituted port but not official yet so no excursions available) . Since we've been to St Kitts, I would love to take the ferry to Nevis on our own. How long is the ride from Basseterre to Nevis? Besides the beach, what else is there to see. I have walking issues and walking on sand is very difficult.

I have been on the Day Trip to Nevis.

The baths are outdoors- there is one area down a few steps that is a square pool, and then down more steps is a long rectangular trough like area with walking/sitting areas on both sides of the water. The water runs through this area- a contained stream. I put my feet/legs in and the water was quite hot but soothing. There were some locals that were fully in the water, but no one on our tour got all the way in, because we had to get back into the van and continue our tour- it was one of the first things we did. My mom doesn't do stairs well and elected not to go down to the water but to just take some pictures.

We had the beach almost to ourselves after lunch as the weather was cloudy with intermittent rain sprinkles. The catamaran trip pulled up about halfway into our beach time, so if you are interested in going for a drink or two, make sure you do it early.

Ferry was about 30 minutes each way from St. Kitts if I remember correctly.

Last Jan we did the catamaran 4.5 hr sail to Nevis. Crew were a lot of fun and the sail over was exciting. Be prepared to get wet if you sit by the nets. The beach picnic was very well done. This was turned out to be our favorite excursion that we did with the cruise line. bf5f61c3a0cd2af00059695a8925abb4.jpga6d56767344c27edcf6d2b20ef18317b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been on the Day Trip to Nevis.

The baths are outdoors- there is one area down a few steps that is a square pool, and then down more steps is a long rectangular trough like area with walking/sitting areas on both sides of the water. The water runs through this area- a contained stream. I put my feet/legs in and the water was quite hot but soothing. There were some locals that were fully in the water, but no one on our tour got all the way in, because we had to get back into the van and continue our tour- it was one of the first things we did. My mom doesn't do stairs well and elected not to go down to the water but to just take some pictures.

We had the beach almost to ourselves after lunch as the weather was cloudy with intermittent rain sprinkles. The catamaran trip pulled up about halfway into our beach time, so if you are interested in going for a drink or two, make sure you do it early.

Ferry was about 30 minutes each way from St. Kitts if I remember correctly.

Thank you for this information..just what I needed to know. How far is the ferry from the dock? I thought the ferry was a lot longer ride than that. What I'd like to do is take the ferry on my own, maybe soak my feet like you did if I can, have lunch, maybe check out a few shops and then go back to Basseterre. Think of me as your mom....does this sound like a good plan?

Last Jan we did the catamaran 4.5 hr sail to Nevis. Crew were a lot of fun and the sail over was exciting. Be prepared to get wet if you sit by the nets. The beach picnic was very well done. This was turned out to be our favorite excursion that we did with the cruise line. bf5f61c3a0cd2af00059695a8925abb4.jpga6d56767344c27edcf6d2b20ef18317b.jpg

How long were you at the beach? I think I saw somewhere that chairs and umbrellas are not available so I'm debating this excursion if our itinerary changes.

Very disorganized in October. We were their first group since the hurricane and it was confusing enough that two members of the catamaran tour got into a bloodied fist fight over the beach chairs. The shore patrol was called in. We didn't get our free drinks and the beach was still being cleaned up. That was a month ago, so I'm sure it's better. But they had a bad day that day.

Burt

Very disorganized in October. We were their first group since the hurricane and it was confusing enough that two members of the catamaran tour got into a bloodied fist fight over the beach chairs. The shore patrol was called in. We didn't get our free drinks and the beach was still being cleaned up. That was a month ago, so I'm sure it's better. But they had a bad day that day.

Burt

WOW...2 members on the catamaran crew or 2 passengers from the ship? We're going on March 18 so I'm hoping things will be better in the 4 months between your visit and mine although what you described could happen anywhere.....I would imagine alcohol was involved..

When we did this excursion last Jan there were picnic tables in the shade by the trees in my previous post photo. There was plenty room for all and we had apx 1.5 hrs on the island. A lovely picnic was already set up when we got there along with cold drinks.

Sounds like they had some real challenges with the hurricanes and damage. Hard to believe cruisers would get so scrappy and sad to hear. A little understanding of the difficulties involved would have been helpful.

When we did this excursion last Jan there were picnic tables in the shade by the trees in my previous post photo. There was plenty room for all and we had apx 1.5 hrs on the island. A lovely picnic was already set up when we got there along with cold drinks.

Thanks.

We did the St Kitts Catamaran Sail and Nevis Beach and Get Away last April and it was excellent, the Catamaran is beautiful and the crew was the best ever. There were no beach chairs but there were tables to sit at while eating lunch in the shade we used our towels from the ship. Here is a link to the reviews from trip advisor....

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147375-d2054963-Reviews-Leeward_Islands_Charters-Basseterre_St_Kitts_St_Kitts_and_Nevis.html#REVIEWS

Thank you for this information..just what I needed to know. How far is the ferry from the dock? I thought the ferry was a lot longer ride than that. What I'd like to do is take the ferry on my own, maybe soak my feet like you did if I can, have lunch, maybe check out a few shops and then go back to Basseterre. Think of me as your mom....does this sound like a good plan?

This do it yourself day trip is not easily done. First, you need to have the public ferry schedule. Then know that when you arrive, you need transportation /driver arranged ahead. The ferry port doesn't have cabs just sitting there. Next, you need to have plenty of time for the return trip. Know that the public ferrys will not cross back to St. Kitts in rough waters or strong winds.

We did lots of research on a diy day and found it would be pretty tough/iffy on our own. So we took the ferry trip thru X two years ago. Last year we stayed on St Kitts to visit and have lunch at a plantation. This Jan. ....haven't decided yet.:rolleyes:

We have done the Nevis excursion and it was enjoyable. The beach restaurant was a bit rustic but food was average. Given the cost of the excursion I would probably not repeat it though as there isn't much to see. We really preferred the swimming with dolphins excursion on St Kitts.

This do it yourself day trip is not easily done. First, you need to have the public ferry schedule. Then know that when you arrive, you need transportation /driver arranged ahead. The ferry port doesn't have cabs just sitting there. Next, you need to have plenty of time for the return trip. Know that the public ferrys will not cross back to St. Kitts in rough waters or strong winds.

We did lots of research on a diy day and found it would be pretty tough/iffy on our own. So we took the ferry trip thru X two years ago. Last year we stayed on St Kitts to visit and have lunch at a plantation. This Jan. ....haven't decided yet.:rolleyes:

We have done the Nevis excursion and it was enjoyable. The beach restaurant was a bit rustic but food was average. Given the cost of the excursion I would probably not repeat it though as there isn't much to see. We really preferred the swimming with dolphins excursion on St Kitts.

Thank you both for good information. We did the sugar train last time in St. Kitts. I think I'll book the X tour to St. Kitts. We've never been disappointed, although I agree they can be pricey, but I do like the peace of mind in knowing that if the ferry is delayed the ship will wait for us. Swimming with dolphins also sounds fun but they generally rate them as strenuous and I have limited mobility walking.