What Shoe Color/Style with this dress?

babydoll

I was thinking strappy silver heels as well...

Of course, there are a lot of very pretty strappy heels with stone embellishments right now. Those might look good too! In Style Magazine said this spring/summer is all about color, and that is a beautiful color! Have fun and be daring. ;) You made an excellent choice!

I'd suggest a dressy black patent pump - either a peep toe, sling back or a delicate Mary Jane w/ a high thin heel.

A silver or pewter sandal would work if you already have them and don't want to buy new shoes, but honestly, that look with this particular dress isn't a "wow". imho.

You could also wear a dressy silk pump with black stones or crystals.

Here are some silk pumps from Stuart Weitzman that would look great with the dress:

10757-886637-d.jpg

1396-223194-p.jpg

This pump w/ silver heel would look fabulous!

I'd suggest a dressy black patent pump - either a peep toe, sling back or a delicate Mary Jane w/ a high thin heel.

A silver or pewter sandal would work if you already have them and don't want to buy new shoes, but honestly, that look with this particular dress isn't a "wow". imho.

You could also wear a dressy silk pump with black stones or crystals.

Here are some silk pumps from Stuart Weitzman that would look great with the dress:

10757-886637-d.jpg

1396-223194-p.jpg

This pump w/ silver heel would look fabulous!

If I wear black pumps (I already own some very nice peep toes) what kind of jewelry would I put with it?

thanks for the replies...I tried this dress on in the store and loved it. I have a hard time finding a dress that I feel great in and I did feel great in this one. So now all I need to do is figure out what shoes and jewelry to wear with it.

papelljerseycharmeuseshutterpleatdressprussian1.jpg

Just purchased this dress and would like suggestions on what shoe color and style might look good with it. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i vote for strappy silver sandals. the dress is lovely where did you buy it.?

have fun wearing it.

carol

i vote for strappy silver sandals. the dress is lovely where did you buy it.?

have fun wearing it.

carol

Carol,

I purchased this dress at Dillard's. It is an Adrianna Papell dress and feels fabulous on. Very comfortable.

I'd not do silver, they would stand out too much and you want the focus on the dress. Silver is for pastels, not brights. If you still think silver works, try pewter instead.

I think Jane110's idea of black patent would look great. Or a very strappy black heel.

I've tried on this same type of dress (shutter pleats), you can find it in so many colors now. I'm not surprised the style is sticking around for a while, it is very figure forgiving and looks great on almost everyone. You can find it with different necklines and lengths as well. Very pretty in blue :)

Happy KS

Yes there were tons of dresses with shutter pleats this past weekend when I was shopping. I really liked the jersey fabric that makes up the bodice of this one. It was extremely comfortable.

I also think I agree about the silver standing out too much. I have a pair of silver shoes (not strappy sandals but some closed toe pumps) and I tried them with the dress but they just didn't seem to be right. Maybe pewter would work better.

Just last October I went to a semi-formal wedding and wore a dress almost this exact color. I can't get the picture to post, but here is the link to the silver shoes I wore.

http://www.zappos.com/product/7265081/color/632

They were fabulous and very comfortable. I got lots of raves on the shoes then, as well as other times I've worn them.

Zappos has tons of shoes, so look there too.

Good luck and make sure you come back and let us know what you find,

Alice

I LOVE that dress! I tried on a similar dress with cap sleeves in French Blue last week. I would prefer the royal blue like yours. The one I tried on had the pleating in the bodice too, which I don't like near as much as the jersey bodice of yours. I want to wear it to my niece's wedding in July, but I thought if I bought it now I could wear it on our cruise in 3 weeks.

As for shoes, hmmmm I think either black or silver would work. I love those black pumps with silver heels that Jane posted. I.want.them.

I LOVE that dress! I tried on a similar dress with cap sleeves in French Blue last week. I would prefer the royal blue like yours. The one I tried on had the pleating in the bodice too, which I don't like near as much as the jersey bodice of yours. I want to wear it to my niece's wedding in July, but I thought if I bought it now I could wear it on our cruise in 3 weeks.

As for shoes, hmmmm I think either black or silver would work. I love those black pumps with silver heels that Jane posted. I.want.them.

Yes, I think I tried on the french blue dress with cap sleeves. I usually grab every dress that is my size and try them on because you never know what is going to look good. Looking at this royal blue dress on the hanger, I never would have guessed it would look as nice as it did:D.

I love the black shoes that Jane posted but I don't think my hubby would go for me buying another pair of black pumps (he does not understand that one can never have too many). So, if I want a new pair of shoes I am going to have to go with something different. I think maybe pewter.

I think the black would look the best. Unless you have darker skin the silver is not going to stand out.

Did you say you already have black peep toes? Try them on with the dress. You might be surprised at how good it looks.

Kelly

Definitely don't have darker skin....I am on the fair side with dark hair. I do have some black peep toes and I have some black sling back strappy type shoes (not sure how to describe them).

What kind of jewelry...could I skip a necklace and just wear some earrings? I have a pair of antique silver dangle earrings that are very nice.

Do I need a bracelet if I don't wear a necklace?

Archived