Punta Cana - Juanillo Beach Escape

spammie

This will be our first time going to Punta Cana - Celebrity Equinox in August. We have never been there so I'm not familiar with this port. I was thinking of booking the Juanillo Beach Escape through Celebrity. Here is the description:

Unwind and work on your tan at Juanillo Beach, one of Punta Cana’s most celebrated beaches. After a short drive from the ship, you’ll enjoy a peaceful day at one of the most beautiful beaches in Punta Cana. Sip a welcome drink while watching the surf from your beach chair. Soak in the sunshine or go for a dip in the crystal clear water. Bask on the soft white sand while indulging in a lovely day at the beach. You’ll have access to an open bar and light snacks. Enjoy use of non-motorized water sport activities for an extra charge, or browse the beach’s arts and craft shops. N408

Not sure if this is something we can do on our own or if we should pay the $84pp and book through Celebrity. Are cabs available at the pier and safe and reliable? I went on Trip Advisor and read reviews of the beach but they are not by cruisers. Thanks for any help!

• 9 months later...

this is my question also. I don't understand how the ships tour is $109.00 but from the other posts it seems that it onl;y costs $20.00 to take a taxi.

Edited by Sonrise

• 3 weeks later...
this is my question also. I don't understand how the ships tour is $109.00 but from the other posts it seems that it onl;y costs $20.00 to take a taxi.

Ditto! From what I have gleaned from these boards:

$20pp is using a shuttle. The write-up alludes to "your chair", so what do those cost? Yeah, ship is definitely making money off of our ignorance and fears.

Anybody care to share their experiences?

We have the same question as we are on an Equinox sailing stopping here in November. I opted to book the X tour in the interim only because we had OBC we needed to spend anyway and that was an easy way to do it.

I also saw that the water he can be rough and I've wondered how that would impact tendering? I know there is no way to tell what the sea will be then and one persons report of rough may not be accurate. However, the last few times we have been in Grand Cayman it was rough and tendering was taking so long due to safety concerns the only people who got off the ship either were in suites with priority access or on X tours. Luckily for us one time we didn't plan to get off and the other time we were in a suite.