Memorable things that have happened to you on the ship because of the crew

excitedofharpenden

Great idea Phil!

I will never forget my first traumatic hours on board Azamara Journey several years ago. We shared a cab from our hotel in Copenhagen to the port with a fellow passenger and dockside I was talked in to leaving my (matching bright orange) carry on bag to be tagged and delivered to our stateroom.

In due course our checked bags arrived, but no carry on. Long story short, after several unproductive trips spanning several hours to Guest Relations with description of the bag along with the name and deck level of our fellow traveler (but not stateroom number or we would have knocked on her door) I was feeling more stressed as time went on minus the most important items . . . medications!

Finally, AFTER the safety drill, with the ship departing in about 15 minutes, I returned to Guest Relations and was once more leaving without resolution of the issue, when Ryszard saw me in my distressed state and asked whether he could help. I won't repeat my "explosive" answer to his query, but five minutes later I had my carry on bag. Thank you Ryszard!! :)

We saw our fellow cruiser the following day and it seemed that Guest Relations and Bag Services failed to communicate with each other as my carry on was delivered to her stateroom and returned several times throughout the afternoon, along with the information that it belonged to me!

Ryszard to the rescue again!! We prefer to cruise low down midships and choose our stateroom accordingly, with a do not upgrade instruction.

Prior to our recent B2B2B (in the same stateroom) from Singapore to Auckland, we received an email stating "wonderful news, you have been upgraded" . . . for the first leg of our cruise (fortunately prior to arriving at the terminal to board . . . but that's another story)!

A quick email to both Ryszard & Rob and within 24 hours we were reinstated to the stateroom we had booked for the 39 days. Thank you again Ryszard & Rob!! :) :)

Footnote : in conversation with Paul from Head Office who was on board for part of our most recent cruise, we found that there is a please upgrade box to tick, but there is no do not upgrade box, which may explain how this mistake has occurred more than once, behind the scene, shoreside.

♥ Azamara crew members are a very special breed . . . it is indeed like "coming home" each time we board, especially after sampling another cruise line! ♥

At the end of our very first Azamara cruise we had planned to take the bus from Southampton to Heathrow. I had thought long and hard about doing this as I knew everything would have to go just right for us to make the bus schedule, but I finally decided that it was doable. Well, of course, on the morning we were to disembark there was a miscommunication or problem with clearing the ship and disembarkation was delayed. We sat with a large group in the cocktail lounge outside Windows growing more concerned about making our bus as time went by. When I finally realized that we would not be able to get to the bus in time I told my husband that I would go down to Passenger Services and see if perhaps they could get us on the Azamara Transfer to Heathrow. I spoke to the Customer Service Representative and explained our situation. He said he thought it was too late to purchase a transfer to the airport but he would check for us. He made a phone call but unfortunately he said it would not be possible to get on the bus at this late time. I thanked him very much for looking into it for me and I believe I made a comment to the effect that I was not sure how we would get to the airport. I went back up to the fifth floor and joined my husband again in the crowded cocktail lounge to wait for the announcement that the ship had finally been cleared. Five or ten minutes later I looked up and here was the gentleman that I had talked to in Passenger Services. He came over to me and said he was so glad that he was able to locate me as he had made a few more telephone calls in our behalf and was able to get us onto the Azamara transfer bus to Heathrow. I went back downstairs with him to pay for the transfer and he gave me very specific instructions on where to find the bus when we disembarked. You can imagine what an impression this made on a first time Azamara passenger. Customer service extraordinaire! This is one of the reasons we keep coming back to Azamara. We will be on the Journey in July and are bringing another couple with us this time for their first Azamara experience.