World Cruise 2020

CharTrav

Am just about done with updating the Viking Cruise calendar spreadsheet I did last year with the new ships and for all the cruises through most of 2020. Altho things are a little sketchy towards the end of 2020 for all the ships, I have a definite gap in time for Viking Sun from Sept 2019 thru April 2020. I know there is a World Cruise 2020 planned because we received the pamphlet for it; however, like an idiot - and declaring "ya gotta be kidding - no way we're going on something like that!" - I threw it out. But now I need it. If any of you received that pamphlet and still have it - would you mind sharing the beginning and end dates as well as the ports on each end? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Under the Sun's listing of "Itineraries This Ship Sails" it shows the World Cruise starting on 31 August 2019 in London and concluding in London on 2 May 2020.

The LA to London leg commences 4 January 2020.

Under the Sun's listing of "Itineraries This Ship Sails" it shows the World Cruise starting on 31 August 2019 in London and concluding in London on 2 May 2020.

The LA to London leg commences 4 January 2020.

Well spotted pudgey. 245 days - split into 2 halves. Wow, 245 is mind blowing. ;p

Well spotted pudgey. 245 days - split into 2 halves. Wow, 245 is mind blowing. ;p

So is 135,000 pp ! Plus Excursions . The whole cruise is great for someone who wasn’t able to be a part of the 1st WC . We are doing the 127 day London to La . Then we are done !

So is 135,000 pp ! Plus Excursions . The whole cruise is great for someone who wasn’t able to be a part of the 1st WC . We are doing the 127 day London to La . Then we are done !

Excellent Eaches .. I am looking forward to your 2020 photos already. Any Viking cruises in 2019 for you ?

Thanks all! Clearly, a bunch of new sailings including that one just popped up - like in the past few hrs. Cuz when I wrote this post last night (11pm EDT) believe me it was NOT there. And when I checked again about 4 hrs ago it was the same. So when I read your replies I was thinking I must have been losing it. Temporary case of "blindness". But no. Guess not. I wonder what else has been posted this morning? Back to scanning thru the web site but this time focusing on late 2020 sailings. And I thought I was just about finished. Sigh.....[emoji79]

Edited by CharTrav

According to Viking's website 2019/2020 World cruise is sold out already - all cabins in all categories. I don't understand how :confused::confused::confused:

They sent out an advance pamphlet to Viking Explorer Society folks about 3 (?) months ago asking for pre-reservations, which we got and that I pitched. Similar to what they did with the first world cruise when they sent out a letter meant to test the waters/gauge interest in it before announcing it broadly.

They sent out an advance pamphlet to Viking Explorer Society folks about 3 (?) months ago asking for pre-reservations, which we got and that I pitched. Similar to what they did with the first world cruise when they sent out a letter meant to test the waters/gauge interest in it before announcing it broadly.

I guess I missed it somehow.

Just received an email yeaterday (targeted at explorer society members) informing me that the 2019-2020 ultimate 245 day World Cruise is open for booking. Checked the web site for both world cruise 2019 (departing 3 Jan 2019) and the ultimate 2019-2020 (departing 31 Aug 2019) - neither are sold out completely. The higher price classes are indeed sold out on the 2019 (down thru PJS); all classes are available in the Ultimate. Earlier in this thread, folks were saying the 2020 (assume this is the ultimate 2019-2020) is sold out. Don't know why. Should have verified that assertion earlier...my bad.

According to Viking's website 2019/2020 World cruise is sold out already - all cabins in all categories. I don't understand how :confused::confused::confused:

The 245 day World Cruise which is broken down into two segments was given to the cruiser’s on the Sun last week, but not to the general public until today . It can’t be sold out yet . We are doing the 1st segment London to LA including the English Isles, Iceland, Greenland and North and South America leaving us off in LA. Should be fun and a Great Adventure. This cruise starts August 31, 2019 and ends January 4, 2020 for the folks getting off in LA .

The 245 day World Cruise which is broken down into two segments was given to the cruiser’s on the Sun last week, but not to the general public until today . It can’t be sold out yet . We are doing the 1st segment London to LA including the English Isles, Iceland, Greenland and North and South America leaving us off in LA. Should be fun and a Great Adventure. This cruise starts August 31, 2019 and ends January 4, 2020 for the folks getting off in LA .

As I wrote, the 2019/2020 is not sold out at all. In any class. Some are showing “limited availability”. Or were this morning when I checked (about 5 hrs ago).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As I wrote, the 2019/2020 is not sold out at all. In any class. Some are showing “limited availability”. Or were this morning when I checked (about 5 hrs ago).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This cruise has several segments now not 2 as it was before. All segments have the same top categories through PV3 as sold out. The rest of the cabins are available. Well, at least this is what I saw an hour ago.

This cruise has several segments now not 2 as it was before. All segments have the same top categories through PV3 as sold out. The rest of the cabins are available. Well, at least this is what I saw an hour ago.

We maybe talking about a different cruise . The just announced World Cruise from Viking is for one or two or three segments. The first segment starts in London to LA or the complete World’s Cruise starts in in London and ends in London or you can go from LA to London , your choice . The only category sold out are the owners suite , Explorer Suits. The other cabins where not reserved but availability may be spotty .

We maybe talking about a different cruise . The just announced World Cruise from Viking is for one or two or three segments. The first segment starts in London to LA or the complete World’s Cruise starts in in London and ends in London or you can go from LA to London , your choice . The only category sold out are the owners suite , Explorer Suits. The other cabins where not reserved but availability may be spotty .

There are two “world cruises” in 2019. One starting Jan 3 starting in Miami ending in London - 128 days - called World Cruise 2019. That’s the one that’s been segmented into 5 distinct legs. Haven’t checked availability on the segments but on the world cruise itself seeing sold out down to PJS, 1 left in V1, 2 in V2, and all the rest available. The other starting August 31 called the “2019/2020 Ultimate World Cruise” starts and ends in London - 245 days - starting 31 Aug 19 ending 02 May 2020. It is also segmented but into 2 halves (London-LA and LA-London). All classes are available although a few are limited and PJS hasn single digit staterooms left.

Where are "the English Isles"???