Suggestions that could make Viking even better!

dln929

They surely do have to think about those that pay the top prices for the top suites. Firstly would be butlers which even the mass market lines have in their top suites.

If they want to attract folks from Crystal and Regent and the other top lines this would be important.

The operative word here being IF.

What you are paying for in the suites is the square footage. For a bit more than double the price you can have an Explorer Suite (757 sq. ft.) with almost three times the space, compared to a V category suite (270 sq.ft). If that isn't enough enticement, then try another cruise line.

Did you happen to notice the brand name of the washers and dryers? It may be on the inside of the doors. Looking at them again - they look manufacturer specific. And I looked things up on the web and came up dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Char, oddly enough, I think I caught the name manufacturer's name in January. I more remember remarking to myself that it was an American brand than I remember what the actual band was. :eek:

For various reasons we've booked one of those top suites but wouldn't have done so if there had been a butler service. Not interested in that as a perk - each to their own!

I agree! I don’t get the fuss over having a butler. It really makes no sense to me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Folks from Regent and Crystal are already sailin on Viking.. I met some of them on my cruise last month. They were staying in a higher end suites. They loved their first Viking cruise and booked another while on board.

Butlers never came up in conversation.

They did mention that Regent has lots of different china, plates that cost $300. a piece, which they said were way over the top.

The owner has a particular vision of the cruise line.

For instance, Manfredi and Chef Table are not called specialty resttarunts but alternative restaurants. Meaning that all venues are high quality, alternatives & variety ,not one more special than another.

I llike that philosophy.

Other cruisers might not. There are many line to choose from for everyone.

Viking is making their own mark in a singular way.

Always room for improvement but not by being a copy cat of others.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

I agree! I don’t get the fuss over having a butler. It really makes no sense to me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Over in the river forum there's a thread "What has your butler done for you?"

My response...

Our butler on Silversea (Ocean) unpacked our luggage.

After that, we did not use him until we asked him to pack our luggage while we were at dinner the last evening.

Big mistake!

Returned to room to find that somehow he missed our largest suitcase that he had put under the bed and everything was crammed into one suitcase & carry ons. Hilarious once we got repacked.

Our travel companions had him bring coffee, tea and croissants every morning before going up to breakfast.

Had him bring afternoon rum & cokes before heading off to the lounge for cocktails.

Had him bring evening cordials & snacks.

Wisely, they did not have him pack. clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Just us but we found a butler more annoying than helpful. Despite asking him not to, he'd knock at the door morning and night asking if we wanted anything interrupting our getting dressed, etc.

On Viking we have never had less than excellent and sufficient attention by the helpful cabin staff. Glad that Viking does not have butlers per se.

Well, as you say, those people in the more costly cabins should have a couple of perks, and we think that the slightly earlier embarkation is ok, and also the option to book excursions and restaurants a bit earlier.

Viking suits us because there are no specially reserved areas, no blasted butlers; and no class system. Nice. No fuss, no formal nights - blissful. For us a cruise is a time to relax and not be fussed and bothered - and that's what we're looking forward to.

Well, as you say, those people in the more costly cabins should have a couple of perks, and we think that the slightly earlier embarkation is ok, and also the option to book excursions and restaurants a bit earlier.

Viking suits us because there are no specially reserved areas, no blasted butlers; and no class system. Nice. No fuss, no formal nights - blissful. For us a cruise is a time to relax and not be fussed and bothered - and that's what we're looking forward to.

There are some other perks like free laundry and dry cleaning services. But you know...sigh...like you - all I really care about is the Viking philosophy where we're all first class. As you say - no areas of the ship only for certain class passengers, e.g. And butlers??? Oh please. I pride myself in how I pack my stuff; don't need anybody to do it for me. Honestly - if folks want the class drenched services such as is offered on other cruise lines - by all means - sail on those lines. Don't expect Viking to abandon their business model.

Did you happen to notice the brand name of the washers and dryers? It may be on the inside of the doors. Looking at them again - they look manufacturer specific. And I looked things up on the web and came up dry.

Speed Queen.

IMG_2749.thumb.JPG.0733e84f45df052151f3c584d911aa91.JPG

That’s on the washing machine (Viking Sky, 4th floor). Dryers have no brand name visible.

Can I suggest you start a thread entitled washing machine instructions and include that link? Future cruisers will love you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done---maybe it will help.

I wish the forum was better organized like FlyerTalk---dedicated threads for main topics like Air Routings, Dining, Excursions, Spa, etc. But that would require a moderator to keep things in order and continually merge threads.

Done---maybe it will help.

I wish the forum was better organized like FlyerTalk---dedicated threads for main topics like Air Routings, Dining, Excursions, Spa, etc. But that would require a moderator to keep things in order and continually merge threads.

We're our own worst enemy. We let our threads wander and meander. I will post what I find about the washer/dryer electronic control panel hieroglyphics to that new thread. [emoji41]

If you zoom in on the image you can see the much-needed words that belong to each picture. That’s what is missing on both the machines and the directions posted on the wall:

http://www.speedqueencommercial.com/media/780118/stackwasherdryer_quantum_stainless_am16-0070.pdf

Thanks. I was trying to figure out which stackable model we had but kind of hard to do working from a small iPhone7 screen. Was going to shift to a larger platform with a larger display. But hadn't yet.

Over in the river forum there's a thread "What has your butler done for you?"

My response...

Our butler on Silversea (Ocean) unpacked our luggage.

After that, we did not use him until we asked him to pack our luggage while we were at dinner the last evening.

Big mistake!

Returned to room to find that somehow he missed our largest suitcase that he had put under the bed and everything was crammed into one suitcase & carry ons. Hilarious once we got repacked.

Our travel companions had him bring coffee, tea and croissants every morning before going up to breakfast.

Had him bring afternoon rum & cokes before heading off to the lounge for cocktails.

Had him bring evening cordials & snacks.

Wisely, they did not have him pack. clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Just us but we found a butler more annoying than helpful. Despite asking him not to, he'd knock at the door morning and night asking if we wanted anything interrupting our getting dressed, etc.

On Viking we have never had less than excellent and sufficient attention by the helpful cabin staff. Glad that Viking does not have butlers per se.

We agree. What we love the most about Viking is the casual atmosphere and lack of class distinction. Everyone is treated the same onboard. If you book a more expensive room than I’m fine with letting them choose dinner reservations and excursions first. They paid for the privilege. Once on the ship, everyone gets treated like first class! Those who prefer butlers etc. have many different choices in cruise lines. Those of us who prefer casual elegance with excellent service for all have very few choices. I’m thinking Viking may be the only choice. Please don’t change a thing!!!!

Bottom left appears to be the roller skate setting. Good to know I can bring mine and keep them clean! 🤣🤣

We agree. What we love the most about Viking is the casual atmosphere and lack of class distinction. Everyone is treated the same onboard. If you book a more expensive room than I’m fine with letting them choose dinner reservations and excursions first. They paid for the privilege. Once on the ship, everyone gets treated like first class! Those who prefer butlers etc. have many different choices in cruise lines. Those of us who prefer casual elegance with excellent service for all have very few choices. I’m thinking Viking may be the only choice. Please don’t change a thing!!!!

Agree!

(y)

My thoughts exactly. We select the Veranda cabins to stretch our travel budget as far as possible. I know going in that our chances to book optional excursions and dine in Chef's Table and Mafredi's may be impacted by that choice, but so far, the actual outcome was satisfactory on both counts. Once we leave our lovely little cabin, we can enjoy all the wonders of these ships with everyone else.

Suggestion: more dancing at the pool deck please! Every time previous time we've been on Viking it's been a week cruise or a B2B (two separate segments). Each weekly cruise has the fabulous "Long and Winding Road" Beatles tribute followed by more dancing with "Dancing Under the Stars." You'd think you were 18 again at the high school dance with the number of people dancing non-stop to all the songs. It always is the most fun evening on the cruise. Love It!

So what gives with the 7+ night cruises? We're nearly at the end of our 14 night cruise (weep weep) and only last night did we have our pool party. Shouldn't we have had one pool party per week? I'm not saying to do the Beatles party twice in one cruise but maybe something else? It's obvious from the huge turnouts this pool dance party always gets that my husband and I aren't the only people who want it. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app