Would it be OK to not reserve the Golf Cart?

k2

So we are the only ship in port that day, and we are one of the smaller ships (Carnival Ecstasy). What are my chances of renting a golf cart when we get off of the ship. With all the back and forth about reservations being rented out upon arrival, and Karib's on again off again rental program... I am not sure reservations are a good idea right now. Thoughts?

Ask yourself (and cruise mates) what would you do if no golf cart was available? Taxi tour (which can be interesting, if you've never been to GT), stay at the cruise port? (Remember there's MV on one side of the pier and Beached Whale on the other(quieter) side. Head to Jack's or another spot up from Margaritaville. ? Taxi to town and walk around?

If you have an alternative plan in mind, then just walk out past the cruise port gate and take your chances. With only one ship in probably pretty good.

Was just there in January we rented ahead of time grand Turk Adventures with Omar. He is the man. Kindest guy I have ever met... anyway it was us and another ship in port that day and there was still rentals available at alot of the companies. I think your chances are pretty high! Enjoy your trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
Was just there in January we rented ahead of time grand Turk Adventures with Omar. He is the man. Kindest guy I have ever met... anyway it was us and another ship in port that day and there was still rentals available at alot of the companies. I think your chances are pretty high! Enjoy your trip!

I have contacted Omar but he has been very slow with his responses. He finally said a cart was available and to let him know If I wanted it. I replied right away but again have not heard back. Did you make a deposit? How do I know he will have one available for us?

We did this also. We contacted him and he gave us a price. We then sent a $10 deposit. Just take your confirmation number and he will be there waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized I didn't respond to the original post. We were in Grand Turk a few weeks ago.

To rent a golf cart we had to leave the cruise center. The rentals were just outside the gate.

There did not appear to be many extras sitting around for walk ups. But we were the 2nd ship there.

It was only a $10 deposit to hold one so if you change your mind you aren't out the full price.

I just realized I didn't respond to the original post. We were in Grand Turk a few weeks ago.

To rent a golf cart we had to leave the cruise center. The rentals were just outside the gate.

There did not appear to be many extras sitting around for walk ups. But we were the 2nd ship there.

It was only a $10 deposit to hold one so if you change your mind you aren't out the full price.

I have been in contact with Omar through emails. He said we have a golf cart but he also said we do not need to make a deposit, and I also do not have a confirmation # from him. Do you think he has changed his policy? It makes me very nervous to not have made a deposit.

• 1 month later...

I emailed Omar and got an immediate response. I was told no deposit necessary. He has guaranteed us a cart upon arrival. Makes me nervous too. He told me his PayPal/credit card system was experiencing an overall update. I intend to touch base with him again in a couple weeks.

There are other companies you can rent from and put a deposit down or pay in full now to guarantee you one, if it'd make you feel better. Personally we only use Karib.

Karin is sold out on our particular day. MaxKart allows you to pay upfront but I have read terrible reviews involving PayPal reimbursements.

We were in Grand Turk May 31st. I fretted over the golf cart rental. Contacted several companies, read reviews. Not a single company had a great review. I ended up making reservations with WetMoney. We walked out of the port and there were several companies asking if we needed a cart. Went to WetMoney and they had no idea we did have a reservation. We did get a cart from them. With all that being said, the cart was fun but I would have actually liked more beach time. We tried to split it 50/50. We rode around the island which if you leave the main roads, there is a lot of work to be done. I would go with the attitude if you get a cart, Great! If you do not, Grand Turk is beautiful. Enjoy!

Ours was $90 - seems to be the standard for a pre-order.

The guy from Wet Money (apparently the only ones allowed IN the port area, was telling people $120-$150 - based on what I have no idea (they have some kind of jeep like thing too))

How much was the cart?