Coffee table in Junior Suite

We were on the Navigator 2 weeks ago and also had a JS. Same thing, no coffee table. We were on the ship in January and same thing. Some people asked for a coffee table and the ones that they got were "odd".

Hello,

Nav's coffee tables have gone - official. They went as a gift to Haiti following the disaster there, though to do what I don't know.

I had a bizarre conversation with a PA to A Goldstein who (a) confirmed the above; (b) told me I should not even expect to see one as she had examined all the RCI brochures and the words 'coffee tables' are never mentioned; © this will go fleet-wide. I was so gob-smacked that words failed me at the time. I will admit to being too lazy to check the words in the UK brochures (at least) but there are LOTS of pictures of cabins with coffee tables therein. In terms of not being mentioned: carpets? toilets? are they going to go too?

As I said, I wondered after the telephone conversation whether I'd been dreaming - but I was sent an email confirming the points of our conversation and there they were. And what can someone with no home do with a coffee table?

Regards,

Cublet

"And what can someone with no home do with a coffee table?"

I would imagine those on the islands that lost their home would be glad to get anything given to them and find a purpose for it. While they might not use it in the conventional way we would on a cruise ship, have you seen what these folks can do with a scrap of metal that washes onshore? We always move the coffee table to the closet because I tend to bump into it because there's not a lot of floor space. I predict that if they stop putting coffee tables in the cabin, we will see a lot of people who plan to carry a portable coffee table they have found on Amazon, in their luggage, for their next cruise.