Oceana...childrens facilities...3,5 and 8yrs?

Caravancruisers

I’ve been meaning to reply to you since boarding on Thursday. The pirate pool is still there. I’ve heard that kids areas have been smartened up but have nothing to compare it to, this being first cruise on Oceana. Been in Splashers and Surfers and both very nice, particularly Surfers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi both. We went the second week of half term and the cruise finished in school time so there were few children on board. We were really happy with the children’s facilities. Once our son had been to kids club, he always wanted to return. I’ll take a photo of the Splashers activities when I’m home but kids club opened after muster drill in the first night (8pm) then was open 9-12, 2-5, 6-11 sea days then the same minus the morning shift in port days. There was a magician onboard and the kids were taken to see him twice then did a circus skills workshop with him. They had two discos, went on a ships tour (really just riding the lifts!), loads of crafts and free play. The club staff were all great with the kids. They had a kids tea 5-5.30pm every day which we took our son to. Eve, who works there, was wonderful with the children. My only (minor) criticism is that housekeeping and dining staff seemed intent on filling his tummy with chocolate and ice cream which we had to say no to a few times. They were just being kind though.

As to ports, we did Dubrovnik, Split, Venice and Messina. In Dubrovnik I went on a GoT tour and my husband had our son for 2hrs. There’s a small park outside if Pile Gate which they went to, got ice cream. We all went on a glass bottomless boar tour which we all loved. Our favourite tour was the Tuk Tuk (could only book it through P&O). The owner took us and was fabulous with our son. Whilst expensive, it was a highlight. Split: my husband went in a walking tour and I stayed on board. Swapped in afternoon and so went to kids club. Venice: took the people mover and vaporetto down the canal. Really enjoyed it but long day (back by 3pm still). With hindsight, we’d probably split up or take a boat tour. Messina was a dive and we didn’t go to Taormina so after venturing out for an hour, we stayed on board.

We had an inside cabin and, unless we suddenly came into loads of money, would book again. With a 4 year old, we spent very little time inside and it was dark so he slept for ages.

Whilst we’re still in Malta, we’re mourning the end of the cruise and really want to return! Perfect holiday with a child.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums