22 Month Old on Carnival Elation

CDawson8707

Hi everyone! My in-laws gifted us with a cruise this coming January on Carnival Elation. We will be traveling with our 10 year old and a 22 month old. After doing some quick research, I've realized that cruising with the 22-month old on Carnival will not be as easy as I assumed! I know he's unable to use the pools since he's not potty trained. I also read he can only visit the camp during certain hours of the day. For parents who have traveled with an under 2 year old/not potty trained, I'm hoping you can help me to make this a successful trip! Any helpful hints for our days at sea since he won't be allowed in the pools/camp area?

Thank you in advanced,

A Panicked Mama.

My son was 15 months. There were so many other things to do and explore no pools was not an issue. We just did water stuff at a few of the ports. If he had any food allergies make sure you tell them ahead of time and bring lots of extra diapers/wipes (DS is allergic to milk that causes hives and tummy issues..). If it's not busy mini golf area would be a blast for your son (mine was not walking yet) the times they do allow the under 2s in the kids club with an adult was good for an hour or so, they had toys and a little slide. Dining room will be easier then trying to navigate the crowds with a toddler and plates of food (there are high chairs in lido but can be hard to track down). Changing tables should be in the handicap bathroom, not the main bathrooms. A good umbrella stroller, we had one that reclined pretty far for naps and diaper changes in Port when it can be really hard to find a changing table. Scented bags for dirty diapers in the cabin!!! Take lots of pictures and have a blast!!! I'm pregnant with number 2 and already thinking about when we can go again with both kids (I think we will wait until the youngest is 2 so we can use the kids club this time).

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

My 24 month old loved his first cruise - at that age, he was completely fascinated by the glass elevators. We took private tours everywhere and he really loved exploring. On the first breakfast, you should bring a bag and take fruit and yoghurt and cereal back to the room, so your kids will always have a snack on hand. On excursions, you can take boxed cereals with you so you have something to give your kids when they are hungry, bored or whiny.

• 1 month later...
My 24 month old loved his first cruise - at that age, he was completely fascinated by the glass elevators. We took private tours everywhere and he really loved exploring. On the first breakfast, you should bring a bag and take fruit and yoghurt and cereal back to the room, so your kids will always have a snack on hand. On excursions, you can take boxed cereals with you so you have something to give your kids when they are hungry, bored or whiny.

kitkat: On excursions, did you bring your own car seat for your 2 year old?

I have cruised twice with my son when he was not potty trained and not old enough for kids club (we cruise NCL mostly and they start at 3). He was 10mo this the first time and 27 months the second time. I am not familiar with your ship, but he liked playing in the putt putt area, playing on the basketball court if it was empty, hanging out on the balcony, bowling, the play room they had where parents could play with small children, and eating a ton. Aside from the obvious like taking lots of extra diapers and wipes, the most helpful things we took with us were a baby carrier (we used an Ergo the first time and a toddler sized Tula the second time), disposable bibs, take n toss spoons (we reused them, but no biggie if a couple got lost or forgotten), and a couple of his straw cups along with a small bottle of dish detergent and a bottle brush to wash them in our room.

Do your research so you are prepared, set reasonable expectations, then have a blast! We are looking forward to our next cruise in May when our son will be 4 and our daughter will be 9 months :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk