If you have ACTUALLY STAYED at a hotel in SJ SINCE Oct 1...please list here

skiiergirl

This was posted on a roll call.

I arrived in San Juan and things look almost normal in the Condado Palm Inn area. Weather is nice, l lots of traffic in the Condado area. Some traffic lights working. A local lady told me to be careful and I can see why, several people around looking for contributions. Was told by someone on the plane who has relatives here that you should not get in the water due to contamination still. I'm ready to cruise!

We just returned from San Juan 12/3 we were on the NCL Dawn and stayed at the

Best Western Palm Condado 3 days before our cruise. no issues with airport, hotel, cabs, bars, shops, restaurants, most of them were open and happy to see visitors. We spent time at the beach and in old San Juan.

Arrived in San Juan this morning. Staying at Hotel Casablanca in Old San Juan until we sail on the Jewel on Sunday.

No issues at the airport. Shops and restaurants open. 2 minute wait at the taxi stand and we were on our way. Our taxi driver Carmen still has no water or electricity after 80 days but she was still in good spirits.

We got to Hotel Casablanca at noon and it was too early to check in but they held our bags so we could walk around and get some lunch. They have power' date=' AC and running water. Most restaurants and shops were open this afternoon. Some places still running on generators. Looking forward to our time here!

-KRISTI

Sent from my VS988 using Forums mobile app

Glad to read things worked out. What was the taxi fare from the airport to OSJ? Enjoy your cruise!

Just checked into Hotel Miramar. Ran into fellow Jewel cruisers - sorry, Dick and Jane if we were socially awkward. Long day and starving!!!! We’re cool. I swear.

Back to the hotel... all is well with AC, etc. check in was a breeze. We’re very pleased.

Tip: book through Expedia to ensure your breakfast is included!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked into Hotel Miramar. Ran into fellow Jewel cruisers - sorry, Dick and Jane if we were socially awkward. Long day and starving!!!! We’re cool. I swear.

Back to the hotel... all is well with AC, etc. check in was a breeze. We’re very pleased.

Tip: book through Expedia to ensure your breakfast is included!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you were, we didn’t notice! Traveling can be exhausting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hotel Miramar - http://www.hotelmiramarpr.com/

We booked this boutique hotel directly through the hotel‘s website.

Cabs were plentiful at the airport. $20 plus a gratuity. The receipt shows a fuel charge added to the total bill.

We had booked the same hotel in September through Expedia as a non-refundable charge at the height of hurricane Maria. We received a full refund.

I had emailed several weeks ago to verify a reservation, and they responded quickly that we were set. Two days before arrival, an email confirmation came through as well.

Free Wi-Fi was sketchy, but not an issue. The phone in our room didn’t work nor did the TV. Again, we didn’t care. I don’t think the hotel is running off of a generator, but on electrical service. There is an attractive rooftop deck.

Casita Miramar - A terrific Puerto Rican restaurant - is less than a block from the hotel. There are also several other eateries close by that are open for business. We ran into some fellow cruisers that had an enjoyable breakfast just across the street from the hotel. The café on site also serves breakfast. We just had coffee. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave +2 bottles of water, but no coffee maker. There was an open grocery store less than a 10-minute walk.

Hotel Miramar is about a mile from the port. We plan to walk to the cruise ship this morning, but taking a cab would be easy. It is 2 miles into old San Juan. Walking to Condado is also easy.

We would stay here again.

In San Juan now. We are not in a hotel, but are at a condo. All is well in Isla Verde. Grocery store well stocked and prices are normal for the island. There are many stoplights out. Driving to town from our room, we saw downed power lines and some downed corrugated steel roofs. Trees are green, palm trees look tired but quite alive. Water can be had for $.99 a gallon.

How is the beach at Isla Verde? Water clean and clear?

El Canario Lagoon Hotel Condado cancelled our Dec. 28th reservation last week by email. This is after calling them twice in Nov. to confirm our reservation, that they were open with guests (emergency workers), and had water and electricity. We had made our reservation in Aug'17, so the cancellation is likely to host higher paying customers.

We found a place on AirBnB in Condado, so all is well.

Hyatt House San Juan canceled our January 6th reservation a few weeks ago. We booked through Hotels.com and that is where the cancellation email came from. This was after I made several phone calls earlier in November to confirm our reservation.

I just got through first time to Hyatt House (every other time got 1-800 number for Hyatt). They are confirming my reservation for Jan 26-27. Makes me wonder if yours got cancelled if they are actually accepting guests.

We arrived in San Juan this afternoon. We are staying at the Casablanca Hotel in Old San Juan. The elevator is still out of order but everything else at the hotel has been great. Can't wait to get on the Celebrity Summit tomorrow.

We arrived in San Juan this afternoon. We are staying at the Casablanca Hotel in Old San Juan. The elevator is still out of order but everything else at the hotel has been great. Can't wait to get on the Celebrity Summit tomorrow.

We arrived in San Juan this afternoon. Staying in the Casablanca... No this is not a duplication, but a second person with the same story.

I think this is our 3rd time here, enjoy the hotel and the neighborhood.

Did a walk earlier to buy a couple bottles of wine for shipboard, then a fine dinner at Cucina di Ivo on Fortaleza near the hotel. One of many choices of restaurants open and awaiting customers.

Signs of damage around if you look closely, but Old San Juan seems to be getting back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There was no wait for taxis, and several were there; they are van style so perhaps 2 would acomodate you; There may be other arrangements, we didnt do a lot of looking...

Are there shuttle services at airport? We are group of 8 with luggage (8-12 pieces) so thought I'd arrange group transport to hotel. Suggestions?

/quote]

We arrived in San Juan this afternoon. Staying in the Casablanca... No this is not a duplication, but a second person with the same story.

I think this is our 3rd time here, enjoy the hotel and the neighborhood.

Did a walk earlier to buy a couple bottles of wine for shipboard, then a fine dinner at Cucina di Ivo on Fortaleza near the hotel. One of many choices of restaurants open and awaiting customers.

Signs of damage around if you look closely, but Old San Juan seems to be getting back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is the restaurant at the Casablanca open? I know it was closed for a while before Maria but I thought I read it was open now.

We have reservations for four days before and after our cruise in February. I am going to check out Cucina di Ivo for dinner. Thanks for the update.

Is the restaurant at the Casablanca open? I know it was closed for a while before Maria but I thought I read it was open now.

We have reservations for four days before and after our cruise in February. I am going to check out Cucina di Ivo for dinner. Thanks for the update.

Not yet open for breakfast, not sure about dinner. But “soon.” We enjoyed Mallorca for breakfast, this time and/or on previous visits have enjoyed Cafe Berlin and El Asador. Proper mofongo is scarce due to devestation of the plantains, but it and a yucca variation can be found.

Arrived in San Juan Dec 1st San Juan Marriott Stellaris we had booked two queen beds but when we arrived the only room available was a king .After much negotiation they gave us an upgraded room with two balconies the only room available in the whole area and brought in two roll away singles not an ideal situation but it worked for 4 people they also gave us free drinks and breakfast for the inconvenience The hotel is beautiful and is operating well there are still signs of damage and not all areas are open for the rest of San \Juan they are still in a mess many have no electricity and there is much damage in the area Most cruise ships are coming back so that should help with the economy The cab driver told us he has only been taking people to five of the major hotels in the area The two Marriotts and three others not sure which

There are lots of threads about PR hotels and SPECULATION of who is open...who will be open...who is cancelling reservations due to FEMA, etc....so let's PLEASE keep this thread at "actual, factual" "reports" from folks who have actually visited the hotels in San Juan since October 1.

If you have actually stayed in a San Juan area hotel since Oct 1....

Please tell us:

1. Date you stayed

2. Name of hotel

3. Powered by electricity or generator?

4. Restaurants, drug/grocery stores nearby...open/closed?

5. Areas of hotel that were open/closed, etc.

6. Any other helpful information regarding your actual stay at the hotel

Thanks to all for your "factual reports". Future cruisers are appreciative!

We were originally booked at the San Juan Airport Hotel which cancelled both of our reservations 4 days prior to leaving for PR (12/01 and 12/16).

We had booked via Expedia and they found us a room for both dates at the Atlantic Beach Hotel.

We stayed there on 12/01 and are currently there now. Right now they have full power, a/c, TV and WiFi.

Not a hotel for everyone as it is quite old, with a clunky elevator, but clean rooms and very friendly staff. It has a nice lobby that opens almost right on a very nice beach.

No restaurant (too damaged) but many of different specialties close by, including an upscale restaurant next door.

CVS and Walgreens easy walk.

Hi!

Just got of the Jewel. We stayed at the Casablanca in Old Town for two nights prior to leaving. Our room didn’t have working AC. We were warned of this at booking. They had two standing fans running in the room and we slept like babies. The elevator isn’t working but staff took the bags up/down for us.

The hotel restaurant is open for lunch & dinner.

The forts, Bacardi factory and most shops/restaurants are open. A few places are still “cash only.” The ATM in front of the hotel worked fine.

Old Town was well lit & crowded. We walked everywhere and felt safe. Not much damage to see. Taxis were plentiful.

In other words, it’s getting back to normal. :)