Murder on Emerald Princess

Aquahound

I contemplated whether or not to start this thread because but I can't quote a news source yet, but from what I've been told by my professional contacts in the area, a woman was killed by her husband last night on board the ship. I'll pass more details as they become public. A press release was supposedly issued, so we should be seeing on-line news sources reporting very soon.

Edited by Aquahound

I contemplated whether or not to start this thread because but I can't quote a news source yet, but from what I've been told by my professional contacts in the area, a woman was killed by her husband last night on board the ship. I'll pass more details as they become public. A press release was supposedly issued, so we should be seeing on-line news sources reporting very soon.

I hope this is fake news....

As of right now, nothing in the news.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I hope this is fake news....

We all do but unfortunately, no, it is not. A little more detail....the ship is reporting that a woman died from blunt force trauma to the head, and they have her male counterpart in custody on board. They are enroute Juneau. They should be arriving and we should start seeing media reports very soon.

Yes, it is true. I am onboard Emerald Princess and we are just tying up to dock in Juneau right now. We don't know much more than has been reported here. The ship has supposedly been in contact with FBI and they are supposed to be boarding. There's a group of people waiting on the dock but they look more like state police or maybe Customs.

The incident happened very quickly last night. Several announcements were made, but it was right as the "Musical Murder Mystery " show was about to start, so I think a lot of us didn't take it seriously. Just calls for security and medical, then a report that the situation was under control.

There's kind of a weird mood around the ship. Hopefully we can all move past this incident and enjoy the rest of the cruise.

My condolences to the family involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, it is true. I am onboard Emerald Princess and we are just tying up to dock in Juneau right now. We don't know much more than has been reported here. The ship has supposedly been in contact with FBI and they are supposed to be boarding. There's a group of people waiting on the dock but they look more like state police or maybe Customs.

The incident happened very quickly last night. Several announcements were made, but it was right as the "Musical Murder Mystery " show was about to start, so I think a lot of us didn't take it seriously. Just calls for security and medical, then a report that the situation was under control.

There's kind of a weird mood around the ship. Hopefully we can all move past this incident and enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry that this is happening right now. I hope you will be able to enjoy the rest as well.

Thanks for taking the time to post on this.

Prayers to all involved.

I have a friend on this cruise, and she's been texting about it. She called security as the woman's screaming woke her up. She saw the men fighting on the balcony and shouted at them to stop.... a nightmare for all involved. Praying for everyone affected by this.

I have a friend on this cruise, and she's been texting about it. She called security as the woman's screaming woke her up. She saw the men fighting on the balcony and shouted at them to stop.... a nightmare for all involved. Praying for everyone affected by this.

So sorry. I am cruising with my bff to Ak. in August and this would be doubly horrible as her sister was murdered over 30 years ago, and it's still unsolved. She would be reliving that the whole cruise. I feel for ALL involved and my condolences to the family. So sad!

Two men? I thought it was just the husband involved.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

• Administrators

Our editorial news team has reached out to Princess and they are working on a story -- we will post shortly.

Two men? I thought it was just the husband involved.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

Maybe the husband was fighting with security? All just speculation. How horrid for all involved.

We have family members onboard the Emerald and their cabin is two away from the scene. Apparently, there was a large group of family traveling together occupying several cabins. We talked to my brother in law a bit ago and he said it was horrible. People were screaming and running up and down the halls covered with blood trying to get help. My BIL and 4 other men were getting ready to storm the cabin, but then security showed up.