Walking distance to port Hotels

Peachypooh

I was wondering what hotels are within walking distance to the Manhattan Cruise terminal. I am going to look at all of them (even those that are expensive) and then make a choice based on our comfort level. I thought a saw a Comfort Suites when we docked last. Any others? Thanks.

I was wondering what hotels are within walking distance to the Manhattan Cruise terminal. I am going to look at all of them (even those that are expensive) and then make a choice based on our comfort level. I thought a saw a Comfort Suites when we docked last. Any others? Thanks.

There is a Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Skyline Hotel and Ink48.

Why do you want to stay close to the cruise terminal? Normally we recommend that folks consider anywhere in the midtown west area between 34th St and 57th street. The hotels listed above are really out of the Manhattan mainstream and not particularly convenient to public transit, restaurants, or tourist attractions.

If you provide the exact date you need a room, number of people, and target budget, we can provide some suggestions.

There's not a lot going on in the area that the closest to the port hotels are. And if yo can find something else in Manhattan for less $$$, for a $20 cab ride, you might end up better financially as well as staying somewhere closer to dining/nighlife. Check out expedia, trivago and similar sites.

There is zero reason to pick a hotel based on its proximity to the port.

Right - it is a silly idea. If you want something cheap - look for the cheap one and pay taxi fare. If you want something attractive - also look elsewhere.

Even a short walk trundling a suitcase over west side sidewalks and streets is a good way to destroy the wheels.

Thanks to everyone who answered. It seems that most are trying to keep me from making what they consider a big mistake by only considering hotels close to the port and I appreciate it. I do the same when I see a post where I think someone could be happier with a different option. In my case I have spent extensive time in NYC having lived within 30 miles of it for most of my adult life until recently. There is no reason for me to close to the action so to speak because I have literally seen most or not all of it except it might be nice to visit the Met again. I am just looking for someplace to sleep the night before the cruise and walk to the port in the morning. I also have family in NYC that are going to meet me at the hotel for dinner. I have narrowed it down to INK48. Thanks again for taking the time to post and mentioning this particular hotel.