Free internet for 2017 not 2018

Redtravel

What a great idea for those people cruising in 2017. It would be appreciated if Windstar had free internet on all of their cruises. Free internet has become standard on many cruises, hotels, stores, and restaurants. There are hot spots in many cities. Windstar charges for internet. The price is extremely high. Last cruise it was about $500 for unlimited for a week. Free internet or reduced price would a welcomed feature.

The price is high and the quality low. Rumor was that they were working to switch and improve the service. I agree the the expectation is that internet is ubiquitous, but Windstar is still charging. As a non-user I'm happy to not have it embedded into the cruise price. (It isn't "free" on those other lines, but included in the the price..."

We turn off the phones when we leave port and then use data roaming on our Universal plan when in ports. No problems for us.

On shore I use AT&T international $10 per each 24 hour period that I use it. Unlimited talk, internet and texts. If I don't use it, they don't charge. The usual is that I use it a few times or if I have a pressing need to contact somebody. You have to have it turned on before leaving the USA.

On shore I use AT&T international $10 per each 24 hour period that I use it. Unlimited talk, internet and texts. If I don't use it, they don't charge. The usual is that I use it a few times or if I have a pressing need to contact somebody. You have to have it turned on before leaving the USA.

I use the Verizon version of that and am fine with it and not having internet on the ship for the typical port intensive Windstar cruise.

But next May, I'll be on a trans-Pacific cruise which is 8+ consecutive days at sea. I really wish that at least for the ocean crossings they would have a better internet option. I'd be fine with something like Crystal had (they are shifting to unlimited free) where one got one hour free per day (they had software that measured how long you were on for). I liked being able to be in touch but having it limited in time which is easier to manage than by bytes.

I'd even be okay with paying a modest charge for a reasonable amount of data like a Gigabyte. Their current plans cost too much for too little data.