Coffee Select Card

I was reading the description on the coffee select card and I'm a little confused. It states that with the card gets you 15 specialty espresso-based coffees, but also states that you get 50% off individually purchased coffees. Does this mean that I can only get espresso drinks free and regular coffee would be 50% off or that once I purchase 15 coffee drinks the rest would be 50% off?

Here's the verbiage from the RCL website.

"Indulge in your favorite brews any time of day with a card that entitles you to any 15 specialty espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation, all for one low price. Start the morning off right with a macchiato or latte and reenergize your afternoons with iced coffee or an espresso, then finish your meal with a cappuccino. Or enjoy your favorite cup of joe any time you'd like and save up to 50% on individually purchased coffees."

I was reading the description on the coffee select card and I'm a little confused. It states that with the card gets you 15 specialty espresso-based coffees, but also states that you get 50% off individually purchased coffees. Does this mean that I can only get espresso drinks free and regular coffee would be 50% off or that once I purchase 15 coffee drinks the rest would be 50% off?

Here's the verbiage from the RCL website.

"Indulge in your favorite brews any time of day with a card that entitles you to any 15 specialty espresso-based coffees throughout your vacation, all for one low price. Start the morning off right with a macchiato or latte and reenergize your afternoons with iced coffee or an espresso, then finish your meal with a cappuccino. Or enjoy your favorite cup of joe any time you'd like and save up to 50% on individually purchased coffees."

The words, although confusing, mean that when you use your coffee card instead of purchasing your drinks individually, you are saving up to 50%.

The purchase price of the card gets you 15 coffees. It’s saying this equals a saving of 50% compared to just buying individual coffees.

One issue I have seen raised often is what size/how many shots you can get. Some ships double punch the card for 2 shots

It is my understanding (and I may be wrong) but you can use it on any coffee (non-alcoholic), up to 15 cups. For about $31 per person, it would mean about $2+ per purchase, which is about 50% off some of the coffees offered. Royal's wording is a bit misleading, but I think it should cover what you want. Have purchased it for my upcoming cruise in October - maybe someone who has purchased it recently can enlighten us both. FYI - my friend had one on our last cruise that was left over from a previous cruise and she had no trouble using it on her daily cappuciano with an extra shot of espresso

The problem some folks run into depending on the ship is that some ships it is one punch for any size beverage on other ships it is one punch per shot so as the cup size increases so do the shots. Also in those cases cold drinks are at least 2 punches. Anthem so far has done one punch per any size drink. Serenade last month was one punch per shot/smallest size only.

My advice- wait until you board a ship and find out their policy before buying the card. There is no discount for buying on line.

When we were on Princess and purchased the specialty coffee card, we were able to receive complimentary brewed coffee and premium teas for free. Is this also on RC when purchasing the card? I don't see it written anywhere but thought I would ask.

When we were on Princess and purchased the specialty coffee card, we were able to receive complimentary brewed coffee and premium teas for free. Is this also on RC when purchasing the card? I don't see it written anywhere but thought I would ask.

On RCCL it is one punch per coffee drink. However, they did have do it yourself coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the cafe for no charge in an area at the back of the cafe. If you went to the counter to order, it was a punch.

On the Explorer of the Seas last week it was 1 punch for any drink type and size (I drink mocha frappes).

My ignorance is gonna show here......... but can someone define/list the "specialty espresso based" coffee they offer? Seems like one of those things that could be very RCL interpreted........ as many have found with the amount of punches used depending on cup size......

I purchased this on my recent Grandeur cruise. If I ordered a small, it was one punch. Medium was 2, and large was 3. Once I realized that, I just ordered smalls. Cafe Lattitudes is a Starbucks coffee bar, so whatever you can get at Starbucks, you can get there, in regards to coffee/espresso based drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I purchased this on my recent Grandeur cruise. If I ordered a small, it was one punch. Medium was 2, and large was 3. Once I realized that, I just ordered smalls. Cafe Lattitudes is a Starbucks coffee bar, so whatever you can get at Starbucks, you can get there, in regards to coffee/espresso based drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If they were doing that then there is no real benefit to buying the card. In my case with Frappes the cash price was 5.60 so the card was worthwhile.

The purchase price of the card gets you 15 coffees. It’s saying this equals a saving of 50% compared to just buying individual coffees.

One issue I have seen raised often is what size/how many shots you can get. Some ships double punch the card for 2 shots

We had the card a few weeks ago on the Empress and it was one punch no matter what we ordered, what size or how many shots were requested.