Barbados - seeing it after almost 20 years

beshears

We plan to be in Barbados next year after being away almost 20 years.

We like the beach, but not snorkeling, etc. I know this is just YOUR opinion, but what would you suggest that we see or check out that you liked about Barbados?

About $15-20 per person will get you a couple of lounge chairs, a shared umbrella, a "free" drink, and use of their facilities. Food, more drinks, etc. are additional. Boatyard has a deal for $20 that includes the above, plus a boat ride to swim with the turtles and a taxi back to the port.

Cab to any of theses will be about $5 per person to get there (or you can walk it in 20-30+ minutes); same fare gets you back to the port. Check out their web sites to see which beach club appeals to you.

• 4 weeks later...

Beshears, we are in the same "boat". :) I haven't been to Barbados since 1990 and will be back for the first time in Feb. 2020. I know it's a long way off, but we are traveling with 125 people so need to get some ideas for everyone for each island.

We visited Harrisons Cave and what I think was Brighton Beach. We had a lovely day, but now are looking for someplace that can handle a group....more of a "gathering location" for anyone that wants to do a beach day.

From what I've been reading, it sounds like The Boatyard will be our place unless someone has any other suggestions.

Well a large group of 125 will take some thinking on what to do, but I had thought of the Boatyard as well, but haven't made up my mind as yet.

I have never been with more than one other person when cruising, until I took my family. So there were 8 of us, and it can get a little sticky at times with even that group of people. Hope things work out for you.:)

Well a large group of 125 will take some thinking on what to do, but I had thought of the Boatyard as well, but haven't made up my mind as yet.

I have never been with more than one other person when cruising, until I took my family. So there were 8 of us, and it can get a little sticky at times with even that group of people. Hope things work out for you.:)

Well, while we are all booked as a "group" I'm just throwing out suggestions to people on where to go and what to do. I can guarantee everyone will go their own way once onboard, but wanted to provide a couple of ideas for some of the smaller - groups within the group. :)