Where to Stay in Miami AND watch Superbowl?!

gopackgo21

We will be getting back from a cruise on Superbowl Sunday. We are huge football fans and do not want to fly during the big game so we are looking to stay somewhere in the Miami area (preferably near/between the Airport and Cruise Port. This is all of our first times in Miami and we are are not familiar with the area.

Any suggestions for a hotel and a place to watch the big game? If it's near the beach EVEN BETTER! :)

Near the beach will mean Miami Beach -- lots of hotels there, but expect prices in early Feb to be sky high! :eek:

Downtown hotels are popular and will offer lots of local dining and nightlife options within walking distance. Hotels in the Mary Brickell area are very popular (Hampton Inn and others); other popular downtown hotels include the Intercontinental, Doubletree, and various Marriott brands.

What's you budget? Who's travelling with you? :confused:

I would not choose an airport area hotel - generally isolated, with not many local dining options nearby - unless I had a VERY early flight out of MIA the next morning.

Your call! :)

There will be various events going on to watch the football game in Miami but you won’t know about those until closer to the game.

I can tell you that the Brickell area is close to the port and we aren’t far to the airport. Fado’s Irish Pub, Batchgastropub and other bars around here will have specials and have lots of televisions to show the game.

If you stay in something like the Hampton Inn Brickell, you will be able to walk to many venues that will be doing things. Batch happens to be at the bottom of that hotel.

Miami Beach would be great, but it will be pricey. The Downtown Miami/Brickell area is a great location very close to the port. You'll have tons of places to watch the game. But we can't really tell you exactly where. Just know there are plenty of restaurants and sport bars in that area that would likely be hosting watch parties etc..

Near the beach will mean Miami Beach -- lots of hotels there, but expect prices in early Feb to be sky high! :eek:

Downtown hotels are popular and will offer lots of local dining and nightlife options within walking distance. Hotels in the Mary Brickell area are very popular (Hampton Inn and others); other popular downtown hotels include the Intercontinental, Doubletree, and various Marriott brands.

What's you budget? Who's travelling with you? :confused:

I would not choose an airport area hotel - generally isolated, with not many local dining options nearby - unless I had a VERY early flight out of MIA the next morning.

Your call! :)

Thank you. Budget would ideally be $250 or less but there is some flexibility. It will be my husband and I (both early 30s) and my mother in law. It is the first time any of us have been to Miami. Thank you for the ideas!

Doral is WEST of the MIA airport and a LONG way from the port - maybe okay if you rent a car. I would focus on downtown hotels, but $250 for Feb and SuperBowl weekend will be tough - start shopping now! ;)

LMT has Atton Brickell for $178 and Homewood Suites in Brickell for $236. SLS is showing at $239 which is great for that hotel. You will be able to walk to sports bars from any of those, though SLS will be the closet. Batchgastropub is a block away.