Hong Kong Cruise Terminal to Airport?

2happywanderers

Has anyone used Princess Cruises transfer from Hong Kong cruise terminal to the international airport? Is it easy to get a taxi to the airport after disembarking in Hong Kong or is it better to use the ship's transfer?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

2happywanderers :):)

Easy enough to get a taxi though the regular ones are only suitable for two, mebbe three, people plus luggage.

Few city taxi drivers speak English, but perhaps more of them at the cruise terminal - if not, flashing your airline ticket will do the job.

Vaguely a 25 - 30 minute journey from a very shaky memory, can't remember the cost but not expensive.

Taxis are metered, but the airport trip crosses a toll-bridge - taxis have a go-box on the windscreen so don't stop to pay, but will add the toll to what's on the meter. So wanting a little more than the metered fare isn't a scam.

There's also public transport to the airport, perhaps others can fill in the detail.

JB :)

Yes it is easy to get a taxi.

The drive will vary based on time of day and day of week. I would expect 45 minutes.

If there is just two of you and not much luggage take a taxi.

Otherwise, I would arrange a private transfer or a Princess Transfer.

Keith

Since you have luggage, I would go with a taxi. Most taxi drivers don't speak English but I think they understand airport. Show them your air ticket if they really don't understand you. By most Western developed country standards, taxis are cheap in Hong Kong.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Another thing to consider is that the taxis do not take credit cards so you need to pay in $HK. (That was the case when we were there in February).

Also if your suitcases are largish and you have 2 of them, then they will have trouble fitting in the boot. When we travelled from the airport to Kowloon, our suitcases were somehow wedged in but the boot couldn't be shut so we were a bit nervous that the suitcases would bounce out on the way :eek: As it turned out they didn't thankfully! I would consider our suitcases to be pretty average, not jumbo sized so that's something else to bear in mind.

As others have mentioned, the taxis are very reasonable and metered but bear in mind the luggage issue and the need to pay in $HK.

Yes it is easy to get a taxi.

The drive will vary based on time of day and day of week. I would expect 45 minutes.

If there is just two of you and not much luggage take a taxi.

Otherwise, I would arrange a private transfer or a Princess Transfer.

Keith

We just finished a Japan and China cruise this month on Celebrity Millennium, disembarking at the new Hong Kong cruise terminal.

Not sure what Princess charges for transport to airport, but Celebrity charged $45 pp. They also had a transfer to the Kowloon Station for $20 pp. Kowloon Station has Airport Express with a fast train to the airport. You can check your luggage 24 hours early (for most airlines- check on internet first). If you have a late flight, you can check your luggage then put hand luggage in a locker at the nearby bus depot (easy to find), If you don't want to do more stuff in Kowloon, take the Airport Express, it is 90 HK dollars pp or about $11 US.

There were taxis at the terminal, but it seemed a lot of people were waiting for them. Not sure how long the wait.