RCI Voyager Hong Kong to Singapore

38anchor

We have booked this for October and was wondering if anyone else had done this and what they thought.

Also, wondering if anyone knows what time we will need to be onboard for set sail. We are hoping to do a few things in Hong Kong on the day of departure and since we are not sailing until 11pm we were hoping it was going to be quite late.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not done it on Voyager, but on Celebrity Millennium. We loved the itinerary and pre-booked private tours in most of the ports. Be aware that the travelling from the ports to the main cities is quite a distance, so if you are able to stay overnight on land, I'd recommend it.

We spent 3 days pre cruise in HK and explored using their public transport system. We bought Octopus cards and it was the best purchase we made ;).

We had 2 great days in Bangkok with BKK tours (Miss Air was fabulous). Same for all our other tour guides in Vietnam. We could return and do the same itinerary, but visit totally different places. Hoi Ann was also not to be missed.

Just a point regarding setsail, obviously I don't know about Voyager, but we were overnight in HK and were not due to set sail until 5pm on the second day. Unfortunately, everyone had to be back on board by 10.30 or 11am (can't quite recall which of the two) for immigration purposes. So basically, the second day was deemed useless for any sightseeing purposes. You may find that even though you're not leaving until 11pm, you will be required to be onboard by late afternoon - check with previous roll calls if you can

• 2 weeks later...
We have booked this for October and was wondering if anyone else had done this and what they thought.

Also, wondering if anyone knows what time we will need to be onboard for set sail. We are hoping to do a few things in Hong Kong on the day of departure and since we are not sailing until 11pm we were hoping it was going to be quite late.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi I took this cruise last year with different ports from yours except Ho Chi Minh.

This cruise is classified as a re-positioning cruise which means international cruise and catered mainly to the Australians onboard, some of which are cruising all the way to Perth.

The entertainment was catered to the Australians, such as a singer from Australia and a comedian (Duck Cameron) for the guest entertainers. Singers at bars and shipwide annoucements are all in English and with no repeat in a different language although you will hear periodic announcements of Chinese group tours. Shore excursions are also in English. So you don't have to worry about being lost in translation

Food wise is definitely what you get in the Carribean with a slight difference in menu such as an addition of a Asian Dish, for us, it was Singapore noodles (Tomato Paste noodles with Mushroom, meat) and a couple of Indian dishes. Escargots are available every night throughout the cruise, however Lobsters are not free and is chargeable. They gave discounts for lobsters up to 30% on night for our cruise. Windjammer is western as well with some additions of Asian dishes. On our cruise, they were testing the menu for the Australian Season.

Agreed with the previous poster for the lengthy times in getting to the city particulary Ho Chi Minh. About 1.5hour to 2 hour ride from the port into Ho Chi Minh. I belive Kaohsiung Port is directly in the city but that still needs a little research. Not sure about Hue.

On that day, Voyager will arrive at the cruise terminal at 5pm. Which gives you a whole day left to explore the last bits of HK! Considering it arrives at 5pm and time to clear the ship of its previous passengers, I'm guessing boarding will not begin till 8 or 9pm. You can check with RCL on this.

You will love the Voyager. She's a great ship and really friendly crew on board.