Happy Hour

Host CJSKIDS

Well it may look like Princess may have done away with Happy Hour.

It was on the Regal and the Crown last week. But as reported by A Pisces on my live from thread, it's not on the Crown this week. My girlfriend is on the Regal again this week on her 2nd leg of her b2b and she just Facebook messaged me that it's not on the Regal this week.

Does anyone on any other ship's see it listed in their patters.

I truly hope that this is not another cut back from Princess.

That is really disappointing . We are sailing on Regal next week. My wife and I don’t drink nearly enough to buy the package but we’re really looking forward to the Happy Hour. First, no Ocean Medallion and now this. This is our first cruise with Princess and not starting off on a good foot.

That would be disappointing especially when they have it just before dinner.

With the strange drink of the day at the platinum/elite lounge we have been buying bogo and taking it to the elite lounge.

It was from 3-4 on our Regal and Crown sailing. Then at night from 10-11 pm

If Princess elimates the Happy Hours fleetwide that would reduce purchases during those times.

Even at BOGO$1, they’re still profitable but I won’t pay full price so no income from me. Even with a smaller profit margin, the Happy Hours generate greater sales & thus more profit than when fewer passengers purchase drinks during those BOGO$1 times.

And the bar’s staff won’t be happy about losing more tips that are a result of increased drink sales.

My guess is that the more expensive premium drink package sales are lagging & by eliminating BOGO$1 Princess hopes that more passengers will purchase it...not me! :rolleyes:

I would be very disappointed in Princess if they eliminated happy hour fleet wide. That's something my wife and I enjoyed in the afternoon from 3 to 4 PM. I know many of us from our roll call for the March 10th cruise on the Ruby Princess are hoping it's not true.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Onboard the crown now, and in case anyone is interested BOGO is gone.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

That is what was posted on my live from thread today. I know they had it last week because I was in the Wheelhouse during it. Maybe they will come back on and know more information.

Then when talking to my friend Kathy today on the Regal she said "no happy hour on the Regal this week".

It's just too coincidental that they both had it last week and now don't. In doing a search it looks like it hasn't been on the Caribbean Princess for a while.

We were on the Ruby Mexican Riviera 7-day cruise over Valentine's Day, and there was Happy Hour everyday from 3-4 at the Wheelhouse Bar. :)

It was on both the Crown and the Regal last week and is not on there this week according to people sailing this week.

I would be very disappointed in Princess if they eliminated happy hour fleet wide. That's something my wife and I enjoyed in the afternoon from 3 to 4 PM. I know many of us from our roll call for the March 10th cruise on the Ruby Princess are hoping it's not true.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Ditto from Steve and Alice

This is a HUGE disappointment!!! Just booked Regal today for last Caribbean cruise in April! Happy Hour has been a SPECIAL time on all of our Princess cruises in past 10 years as well as on other lines! VERY VERY disappointed that it would be eliminated!! On the Dec 30 Royal Prin cruise, our "group" of 9 always came & each person usually ordered 1+1 at beginning & again a 1+1 at the end! And Crooners was packed every day!!

I think we ALL need to call & write Princess to register our unhappiness with this & beg them to continue to have HAPPY HOUR!!

We just got off the Coral on 2/19, and had it on that Cruise. One of the wait staff at Happy Hour said it was going away.

On that cruise the bar was packed everyday between 3-4. Standing room only Seems like a lot of revenue down the toilet for Princess

We just got off the Coral on 2/19, and had it on that Cruise. One of the wait staff at Happy Hour said it was going away.

On that cruise the bar was packed everyday between 3-4. Standing room only Seems like a lot of revenue down the toilet for Princess

If they find they lose more than they gain it should come back. Hopefully this is just an experiment.

Watching this thread closely for more information. The afternoon Happy Hour is a favorite pastime of ours and we have made many new friends there. We were looking forward to socializing with new friends on our upcoming Emerald cruise. But if it is discontinued we will have to rethink Princesss. We choose Princess as we enjoy the perks, food, service and the ships. But if we sail RCCL or Celebrity, I give up free laundry but we get free drinks from 5-8 every evening. That goes along way in balancing the scales.

Chris

Wasn't it already gone on one of the other ships? I do remember reading a thread about that.

The ship you are referring to is the Caribbean Princess. We were on it for a back to back in Sept./ Oct. with a British Isles and Transatlantic. There was no BYOB for either and I was told it was the same for the previous cruise.

Ok, talking with my girlfriend. She was told that it's being phased out.

Since it's 2 ships this week, guess that is happening. Hopefully Princess will replace it with something new once it's totally phased out.

Well it may look like Princess may have done away with Happy Hour.

It was on the Regal and the Crown last week. But as reported by A Pisces on my live from thread, it's not on the Crown this week. My girlfriend is on the Regal again this week on her 2nd leg of her b2b and she just Facebook messaged me that it's not on the Regal this week.

Does anyone on any other ship's see it listed in their patters.

I truly hope that this is not another cut back from Princess.

They didn't have it on the Caribbean Princess the first week of February:eek: