Deluxe Bev Package Question

LrgPizza

I read that getting multiple drinks at once is not permitted. Are they super strict with this? I was thinking it would be nice at CocoCay to get a couple at once and pour them into my Yeti bottle.

What about getting an alcoholic drink and a bottle of water at the same time?

I read that getting multiple drinks at once is not permitted. Are they super strict with this? I was thinking it would be nice at CocoCay to get a couple at once and pour them into my Yeti bottle.

No problem getting a bottle of water and a drink, but they do enforce the one drink at a time rule.

Alcohol + bottled water is doable. In fact, almost every time I order a drink I get a bottle of water to stash away in the cabin so that we have them when we get off the ship or if I need a drink at night.

Multiple drinks at once they won't let you do unless you bring up two SeaPass cards.

We have always been able to get bottled water and a drink with the deluxe beverage package, but have not gotten two drinks at the same time.

My husband has asked for a double shot in the past, and they served it. So maybe try that and then order the mixer as a separate drink (double shot of Jack Daniels and a coke on the side). Just a thought.

Thank you, everyone

I was also curious if we have to sign a slip with every drink when having the beverage package?

Varies. We've found that if we give a dollar or two with our SeaPass card, we almost always get no receipt.

Sort of an FYI related to this topic.

My other half and I always have the Deluxe Bev package. We also both often take the others card and will order two drinks at once. Never a problem with both cards in hand. On the Freedom sailing I was just on last week, I went to the R-Bar, ordered two drinks as usual, handed both cards and a $1 bill (my usual practice for mixed drinks), and walked away with both drinks in hand. The next day upon review of my onboard account on the TV, I saw a single drink charge from the R-Bar. I went to guest services and they pulled up the receipt in question. On this particular instance, the bar server had rung up both drinks on one card - so the second drink was charged. It was easy to get fixed/removed after showing guest services that we both had the beverage packages, so no harm no foul, but a good reminder to keep an eye on your onboard account.

Dan.

Sort of an FYI related to this topic.

My other half and I always have the Deluxe Bev package. We also both often take the others card and will order two drinks at once. Never a problem with both cards in hand. On the Freedom sailing I was just on last week, I went to the R-Bar, ordered two drinks as usual, handed both cards and a $1 bill (my usual practice for mixed drinks), and walked away with both drinks in hand. The next day upon review of my onboard account on the TV, I saw a single drink charge from the R-Bar. I went to guest services and they pulled up the receipt in question. On this particular instance, the bar server had rung up both drinks on one card - so the second drink was charged. It was easy to get fixed/removed after showing guest services that we both had the beverage packages, so no harm no foul, but a good reminder to keep an eye on your onboard account.

Dan.

Thanks for sharing that experience. I would think that it is quite frequent that an 'other half' picks up the drinks while the 'better half' ;) stays sitting at the pool. We will be sure to check our onboard account each day for this issue.

Thanks for sharing that experience. I would think that it is quite frequent that an 'other half' picks up the drinks while the 'better half' ;) stays sitting at the pool. We will be sure to check our onboard account each day for this issue.

Yes, we do it all the time, and have never had an issue. This was definitely not the norm for the charge to occur. Just a simple button pushing mistake by the server I'm guessing.

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

My husband has asked for a double shot in the past, and they served it. So maybe try that and then order the mixer as a separate drink (double shot of Jack Daniels and a coke on the side). Just a thought.

On our last trip, my DH found it was hit or miss, getting the bartender to pour a double shot.