Whats in the Minibar?

tractortom

Hello!

We are currently two weeks out from our 11 day Panama Canal trip on Zuiderdam and have a Neptune Suite this time around. It has the minibar (cooler) and I was wondering what was stocked in it? I assume some miniatures of various liquors, but what else?

When we last traveled with Holland America, some 17 years ago, I did manage to get into the minibar a couple of times for an expensive beer, and found it really handy.

Thanks in advance,

Tom in Okeechobee, FL

Beer, wine, water, and soda. A couple of each. Click: MAY 2016 PRICES

There has always been red and white wine in our mini bar. And, different beers.

The stewards happily restock if you want ;)

In fact on my last couple of cruises, I have found it done automatically ;)

You can ask your room steward to stock whatever you choose. I often have them take out the liquor and add more soft drinks.

Yes, tell your cabin steward what you'd like (and get rid of what you don't want). They don't seem to take care of this personally -- there is a mini-bar beverage service that comes around every 1-2 days? -- but your cabin steward will pass on your requests. Or tell the Neptune Concierge, they are extremely reliable.

The content does vary; sometimes the fridge is packed, and other times half-empty. We often get a gin & tonic package on longer cruises, which only comes with 3 cans of tonic, so we have them replace the Coke and Sprite with more tonic water.

The Pinnacle Suites have a larger assortment of beverages, but then the fridge is much larger. Even in the Neptune Suites we have found, beer, wine, liquor, sparking water, regular water, sodas and mixers. I agree, just ask the cabin steward to stock it with what you would like. On the Koningsdam in March, the Neptune Lounge had an honor bar in the evenings where you could go in for a drink.