First time NCL cruise booked!

sea_loving_couple

I am so sorry for you going on the Sky. I was on it May 2017. The food was horrible. Dazzles had some fun/funny shows. I only went to the theater 1 night and enjoyed that show. The service was great, my cabin steward was going home after that cruise and his service was really lacking. The free booze was good, but I only had 5 glasses of wine the whole cruise. SO it didn't really matter to me. I only went on this ship/cruise because it was going to Cuba. THAT was amazing and I would LOVE to do a month long land trip there. But that's another story.

let me simply say, you will not get a real feeling for a cruise line on a 5 day or shorter cruise. It takes a little longer cruise to really get the cruise experience. We have done 4 and 5 day cruises on several lines, then done longer ones on the same lines, the shorter cruises are just not the same. That being said, the chance to go to Cuba will be the highlight of your cruise.

I can not judge the food as I haven' sailed the Sky in many years, since she started doing short cruises, but overall most feel the food on NCL has improved over the past few years. Now, go, enjoy and take in to consideration the price of the cruise when you make your judgement.