Vietnam Visa Sales on Celebrity Millennium

Starchie

I understand that the Celebrity Millennium sells an on-board visa to cover all its ports of call in Vietnam. I also heard that it is a "loose-leaf" type visa and costs $50. Can someone respond who has recent personal experience? Are photo's required? Are there any special things to do before leaving the States in order to obtain this type of visa? Thanks in advance.

Two different visas are issued on board. If you are staying in a Vietnam city overnight, you need a picture and the cost is roughly $75 for a visa for all of the stops. If you are only taking day trips, you do not need a picture and the cost is roughly $35 which covers all of the stops. I think they will take your picture on board for a fee, of. Purse, but the safe thing to do is to bring two passport type photos with you.

Hi, we are travelling on Celebrity to Vietnam over Christmas and new year and I have emailed about visas and had two responses, one yes they do visas and one no. I want to organise accommodation in Ho Chi Minh city for the night and get the ships transfer so can I be assured that I can get an overnight visa on board for the family? I'm sorry if I'm repeating what others have asked I just want to be reassured. Has anyone done it? I just don't want to pay for a hotel and not be able to go. Thanks in advance

We were on the same cruise as LuAnn and GHstudio. I can assure you that the information they offer is 100% correct. It was no problem at all. We did take our own photos with us. The charge was added to our onboard account. Don't worry.

Edited by sandancer

We did the overnight in HCMC and stayed at the Rex Hotel. It was Tet and there was a real carnival atmosphere. Streets full of flowers and everyone enjoying the holiday. They had a gala dinner at the Rex with lots of live entertainment on the roof terrace. Fireworks at midnight. A night to remember. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

• 3 weeks later...

I was on that cruise last December and ghstudio has the correct information. Do bring two passport sized pictures. It will save you time and a few dollars.

We also spent time in Ho Chi Minh city, at the Rex, and greatly enjoyed it. Hanoi was not as enjoyable but interesting to see. Ha Long Bay is something not to be missed.

Have a wonderful time and bring the photos.

Take care,

Mike

• 10 months later...

I'd appreciate confirmation from somebody who has been on a cruise to Vietnam in 2014. We are on the Millennium in November and have been told two different things and vastly different costs for the visa. We will not be staying on shore overnight.

1. what is the cost?

2. does the ship organise it?

3. do we need to take passport photos?

4. we are from New Zealand has anyone organised their visa in advance?

We travelled in Jan this year. The boat will organise your visas, I had trouble getting the correct info too. The cost is minimal I think it was about $35 for us each but we did stay overnight. They will organise it all for you. I took passport photos but found that it would have been cheaper just to get them on board. They just charge your room account. They will have a table set up next to the pursers desk and will announce and have on the daily newsletter when it is open. It's really stress free. Hope that helps

I was on a cruise that stopped in Vietnam and the ship took care of the Visa. It cost $43 last year. No photos were needed and you can always google Vietnam Visa for more info..

We did the Hong Kong -> Singapore cruise on Millennium in 2012.

The requirement for photo's depends on the Visa you are getting.

If you are planning to stay off the ship overnight (ie doing an overnight hotel stay in one of the overnight ports, the Visa requires a passport.

If you are just doing day trips from the ship, and staying onboard overnight then no photo is required for the Visa.

In either case, the Visa are arranged on board and charged to your onboard account.

Hi, we are travelling on Celebrity to Vietnam over Christmas and new year and I have emailed about visas and had two responses, one yes they do visas and one no. I want to organise accommodation in Ho Chi Minh city for the night and get the ships transfer so can I be assured that I can get an overnight visa on board for the family? I'm sorry if I'm repeating what others have asked I just want to be reassured. Has anyone done it? I just don't want to pay for a hotel and not be able to go. Thanks in advance

Yes, you'll be able to get that on board. Make sure you take passport sized photo's for each person as they'll be needed for the type of visa you'll require to stay overnight off the Ship.

We did the overnight in HCMC and stayed at the Rex Hotel. It was Tet and there was a real carnival atmosphere. Streets full of flowers and everyone enjoying the holiday. They had a gala dinner at the Rex with lots of live entertainment on the roof terrace. Fireworks at midnight. A night to remember. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

:cool: I believe that I had that same experience. Only difference it was 1970. Fireworks were rockets:cool: JACK IS SAILING AGAIN