Breakaway 71 - 7/10 Brief Review

Mid43

Thanks for posting your thoughts on the Breakaway. My wife and I are going on the 9/18 Bermuda cruise. It's our first time on a megaship, we're trying to keep an open mind since we've loved the Gem, Pearl, etc.

Same here, first sailing on a megaship - 10/2. We also love the Gem, best food I have had on any NCL sailing. Since you are sailing a few wks before us, I would look forward to your thoughts though I will keep an open mind to experience it for myself.

Same here, first sailing on a megaship - 10/2. We also love the Gem, best food I have had on any NCL sailing. Since you are sailing a few wks before us, I would look forward to your thoughts though I will keep an open mind to experience it for myself.

Will do. I always post a review on this board after getting my thoughts together and picking up our bulldog! Been on many trips over the years (ocean cruises, river cruises, timeshare, all inclusives), they all have their differences and more often than not some glitches. With that said, I'm looking forward to this experience. I love the honest reviews with the pros and cons. The all negative ones boggle my mind as I can't see how the entire trip could be bad.

Will do. I always post a review on this board after getting my thoughts together and picking up our bulldog! Been on many trips over the years (ocean cruises, river cruises, timeshare, all inclusives), they all have their differences and more often than not some glitches. With that said, I'm looking forward to this experience. I love the honest reviews with the pros and cons. The all negative ones boggle my mind as I can't see how the entire trip could be bad.

Thank you. As you stated, nothing can be all negative.. if so, then stay home. :)

We too Love the Gem and the Jewel but they dont compare to the Breakaway. We will be taking our second voyage on BA in Nov with our kids. They wanted to try the mega ship and although we had a great time when we sailed before, we still much rather sail on the smaller ship.

Was it the crowds or just the overall feeling of the bigger ship vs. smaller?

Thanks for posting your thoughts on the Breakaway. My wife and I are going on the 9/18 Bermuda cruise. It's our first time on a megaship, we're trying to keep an open mind since we've loved the Gem, Pearl, etc.

I am also sailing on the Breakaway for the first time this September, but 2 weeks before you. Hopefully we will have a fabulous time. Enjoy

I am also sailing on the Breakaway for the first time this September, but 2 weeks before you. Hopefully we will have a fabulous time. Enjoy

You enjoy too! Hope to your thoughts when you return.

You enjoy too! Hope to your thoughts when you return.

Thanks. I'm sure I will have a great time. I have a decent cruise history, and I can't even look back and think of negatives worth remembering. Granted, nothing is perfect. But frame of mind, attitude and the ability to allow the little things to roll off you're back is the key to having a fun vacation. I am not going to allow a rude person or a missing bar of soap in the bathroom to spoil my vacation.

Thanks. I'm sure I will have a great time. I have a decent cruise history, and I can't even look back and think of negatives worth remembering. Granted, nothing is perfect. But frame of mind, attitude and the ability to allow the little things to roll off you're back is the key to having a fun vacation. I am not going to allow a rude person or a missing bar of soap in the bathroom to spoil my vacation.

LOL! Love your vacation mode attitude!!

We have been on the Breakaway twice and are scheduled for a 14 day cruise on her in January. We really like the ship.

This year we thought we'd try the Quantum. That ship got horrible reviews before we sailed and had some issues with storms and shortened schedules. I have to say we were a bit concerned but we did not change our plans.

We really enjoyed the Quantum. Found many of the same issues we see here with regard to chair hogs and rudeness and overcrowding. But our perspective is WE ARE ON VACATION!!!! How great is that. So we don't let the small stuff annoy us or ruin our moods.

That's not to say we don't get annoyed at some things but we try and get over them quickly so that we can go back to the business of being on vacation.

Getting away from work is more than half the fun for me!

Marisa

We just got off the BA Sunday July 17th. Honestly we won't be going on the BA again, we had a wonderful time, we always do. It is just too many people and not enough space for everyone. 1 tiny pool for close to 5,000 people, the chair hogs were unreal, especially at Spice H2O. They showed movies in the small atrium with the air hockey and bars being so noisy you couldn't hear the movie. I will be writing a review as soon as I get my thoughts in order. I made our SD reservations early and had no issues at all, the MDR always had a wait even for 2 guests. Loved Rock of Ages, best show I have ever seen on a ship it was fantastic. I am happy we went, we wanted to try a mega ship and found out it is not for us. It's OK, we had a great time and Bermuda is the most spectacular island~we love it. Next year we will be back on The Dawn!! Happy Cruising:)

We just got back (7/24-7/31) and had the complete opposite experience. Not doubting your experience just noticing that different weeks bring different results. Chairs were never a issue for us in H20, in fact it was our favorite place. We would arrive around 10am and our waiter had drinks in our hands within 15 minutes. We were a party of 2 and only waited 1 night (20 min) for a table and had excellent service. We sailed on Jewel before and although a nice cruise we wouldn't cruise that ship again. Loved the Breakaway and can't wait to go again.