Alaska on QE

Lynnewob

Wow, I've just seen the lead in prices for the 10 night Alaska cruises in June 2019

After all the waiting, I don't think we will be going with Cunard and will now look at other lines instead :( :loudcry:

I appreciate the full price list isn't available until next week, so do not know if this includes flights or not, but regardless, they still seem expensive.

For similar dates (on a US travel agents website) and voyage length for a suite: Silversea, Azamara, Regent, Crystal are all cheaper.

I accept these are without flights, but still, Cunard are going over the top as far as their pricing is concerned.

Looking at the Japan-Vancouver departures, the difference in price between the 17 night and 27 night voyages is about £2200 in a balcony, so the prices I've seen look as if one night hotel pre-cruise is included in addition to the air fare. The air fare and transfers to Japan and back from Vancouver is £920 with Cunard.

I did look at going with Celebrity and the price then looked to be around £3000 per person for 14 night plus air fares, etc, so I guess the Cunard prices are on a par. As a solo traveller, single sup is less with Cunard.

Interesting though that the 17 night Japan-Vancouver is cheaper than the 20 May departure.

Perhaps they are trying to attract the US market.

The inside cabin prices on the UK site are showing as £2349, £2649 and £2699, the earliest date being the first of those prices.

These DO include airfare and transfers when you click further, and also say not available to book until 31 October (30 Oct for existing cruisers)

For comparison, on Cunard's US web site, the lead-in fares shown for an inside cabin on those four newly announced 10 day QE Alaska voyages (without airfare) are $1,699 to $1,799.

That doesn't sound too bad or am I missing something ?

Cunard had been saying that itineraries would be available for viewing as of 8:00 a.m. (ET) yet when I click on "round-trip cruises from Vancouver" it says "no cruises found." Perhaps this is because I am in Canada. From a previous posting it seems information is available in the U.S.

Thanks, Cruiser1955, for posting the itineraries. I note that Glacier Bay is not included on any of the four cruises. This is, to many people, the highlight of an Alaska cruise.

Cunard had been saying that itineraries would be available for viewing as of 8:00 a.m. (ET) yet when I click on "round-trip cruises from Vancouver" it says "no cruises found." Perhaps this is because I am in Canada. From a previous posting it seems information is available in the U.S.

Thanks, Cruiser1955, for posting the itineraries. I note that Glacier Bay is not included on any of the four cruises. This is, to many people, the highlight of an Alaska cruise.

Try this link.

http://www.cunard.com/cruise-search/book-a-cruise/results/?c=Q915B,Q916,Q917,Q918

Hope this helps.

David, I would be grateful if you could post some Canadian prices when they appear. I am out of the country so I'm getting UK prices on the internet. My return home is on a TA from Southampton on Nov 19 and I'd be interested in knowing Cdn prices before discussing a future cruise deposit on board.

By the way, anyone else notice that the dates shown for those four 10 day Alaska voyages are off by ten days on the voyage summaries? The search results I am seeing on cunard.com look like this.

Q915B Alaska Queen Elizabeth 10 nights 31 May - 10 Jun 2019

Q916 Alaska Queen Elizabeth 10 nights 10 Jun - 20 Jun 2019

Q917 Alaska Queen Elizabeth 10 nights 20 Jun - 30 Jun 2019

Q918 Alaska Queen Elizabeth 10 nights 30 Jun - 10 Jul 2019

However, when I select each individual voyage and then drill down to the itinerary details, the expected dates are shown.

Q915B 21 May - 31 May 2019

Q916 31 May - 10 Jun 2019

Q917 10 Jun - 20 Jun 2019

Q918 20 Jun - 30 Jun 2019

That glitch had me wondering at first.

Edited by bluemarble

No joy in Canada yet, I'm afraid. I just did a vpn connection to Canada to check things out and those QE Alaska cruises are not showing up for me on cunard.com then either.

Regards, John

Found this on a UK T/As Website may be of use to sum

Itineraries include:

25 Jun 19 – 29nts - Vancouver to New York with The Rocky Mountaineer

15 Jun 19 – 53nts Vancouver to Southampton with The Rocky Mountaineer & Reykjavik

25 Jun 19 – 44nts - Vancouver to Southampton with The Rocky Mountaineer & Panama Canal

1 May 19 – 22nts - Tokyo to Vancouver with The Inside Passage

5 June, 10 June, 15 Jun 19 – 12nts - Best of Alaska with The Rocky Mountaineer

Thanks for the list, how do prices compare to other lines ?

They do seem expensive but I guess the airfare isn't cheap.

In August we cruised 14 days on Holland America's Amsterdam in an Ocean view cabin for around $2000/person without flights (which, booked independently, added about $500 from the eastern US). But a Vista Suite (the lowest grade Balcony cabin on Amsterdam) would have been around $4200.

No joy in Canada yet, I'm afraid. I just did a vpn connection to Canada to check things out and those QE Alaska cruises are not showing up for me on cunard.com then either.

Regards, John

From the US I find Alaska itineraries and pricing here:

http://www.cunard.com/cruise-search/book-a-cruise/results/?tids=Alaska19&y=2019

The 10 day Vancouver roundtrips price from $3000-3300 in a balcony, $1700-1800 in an inside depending on date of departure.

By the way, anyone else notice that the dates shown for those four 10 day Alaska voyages are off by ten days on the voyage summaries? The search results I am seeing on cunard.com look like this.

Q915B Alaska Queen Elizabeth 10 nights 31 May - 10 Jun 2019

Q916 Alaska Queen Elizabeth 10 nights 10 Jun - 20 Jun 2019

Q917 Alaska Queen Elizabeth 10 nights 20 Jun - 30 Jun 2019

Q918 Alaska Queen Elizabeth 10 nights 30 Jun - 10 Jul 2019

However, when I select each individual voyage and then drill down to the itinerary details, the expected dates are shown.

Q915B 21 May - 31 May 2019

Q916 31 May - 10 Jun 2019

Q917 10 Jun - 20 Jun 2019

Q918 20 Jun - 30 Jun 2019

That glitch had me wondering at first.

Yes, Cunard have admitted there is a glitch in the dates, after I got onto them. It beggars belief that Customers like us need to point it out.;)

David, I would be grateful if you could post some Canadian prices when they appear. I am out of the country so I'm getting UK prices on the internet. My return home is on a TA from Southampton on Nov 19 and I'd be interested in knowing Cdn prices before discussing a future cruise deposit on board.

I will gladly do so when they appear. From the notes I made about 2008 and 2009 fares I notice that Cunard recently reduced the Can. $ fares by roughly 10%. This is most likely because our dollar has recovered some of its losses and is now worth approximately 80 cents U.S. Perhaps this delay in posting information for Canadians is due to Cunard determining how much to charge us.

Thanks to those who posted direct links, but I am still getting the message: "No cruises found, sorry ..."

Not sure what we are going to do now. Was curious to see the price for Vancouver back to the UK but for us the price is definitely out of our comfort zone :evilsmile: To make matters worse the straightforward San Francisco back to the UK has also shot up and it also seems to have vanished off some websites (surely not sold out already).

I had hoped we may have been able to book the latter cruise while we are on board in January but thinking we might have to look either for a different cruise or (gulp) maybe something with another line.

Ill health has ruled out booking sooner and I think we definitely need the extra couple of months to see how our recovery and recuperation continues.

In the meantime I'm off to buy a lottery ticket :D