Admin fee on tips

antsp

The company not funding the cc fee on tips, is quite a bit different from using gratuities for operational costs.

That makes sense. Here's a thought -

We could give the crew a 3% raise if we all cancelled the 'auto tip' and contributed the same amount in cash.

We still don't have "Any Room Cabin" you get to sleep in a different room every night with a different steward to clean it. When we do, I'm sure those room stewards will turn theirs in too.

True but it seems your evidence is anecdotal at best. I have tipped at "anytime" breakfast and lunch and they seemed very appreciative to me as well.

I have tipped the "anytime" bartenders. The "anytime" waiters in Vines. The "anytime" waiters in the PES happy hour. Just about everything else but the MDR traditional staff and cabin steward are anytime anywhere. Are the cash tips from those areas pooled as well and with whom? (Not talking about the pooled auto grats)

I'm not looking for a kerfuffle here, trying to understand your logic. Do you tip with an envelope each night in anytime dining or do you wait until the end of the cruise to tip for the entire cruise and if so why?

Where I'm from, the 'garbage men', oops! 'garbage persons', oops! 'sanitary engineers' don't work for tips. They're extremely well paid, and unionized with: full medical, full dental, unbelievable number of sick days ('bankable'), great vacation and pension benefits.

Based on Carnival's numbers and their known workload, their stewards should be making nearly $40,000 a year. If they're not, they're not getting all of the money, or it's going to other people, places or things.

That's $4 PPPD double occupancy X 35 cabins for a 9 month contract, split evenly with an assistant.

Obviously the house was sarcasm, but you knew that.

Actually, a bartender on Freedom of the Seas told me that he had worked two contracts and planned on working two more. After four contracts, he would have earned/saved enough money to build his house in Croatia.

Where I'm from, the 'garbage men', oops! 'garbage persons', oops! 'sanitary engineers' don't work for tips. They're extremely well paid, and unionized with: full medical, full dental, unbelievable number of sick days ('bankable'), great vacation and pension benefits.

As I said, we should probably be more concerned where our big dollars go. Are there message boards in your town dedicated to how much the garbage men make (wether it’s through tips or salary?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I said, we should probably be more concerned where our big dollars go. Are there message boards in your town dedicated to how much the garbage men make (wether it’s through tips or salary?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Probably would be if their garbagemen worked for the wages the waiters/stewards do! :)

Tom