Where can I find information on specific staterooms for Queen Victoria?

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:54 AM.
Puerto Rico
325 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
I am trying to find information on specific (balcony) staterooms, but have seen no reviews or pictures. I am trying to find out if it makes sense to pay a little more for an aft (BD) room on deck 6 (6202) vs a fwd (BE) room on deck 7 (7003).

Where can I find that information?
Vale of Glamorgan
4,390 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Have you tried the links in the Sticky, there are a few photo albums. All the standard balcony cabins are very similar.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

If contacting me via email, please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Vale of Glamorgan
4,390 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Try here

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/photo...-victoria-376/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

If contacting me via email, please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
S.W. England
759 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Originally posted by DonRobertoSanJuan
I am trying to find information on specific (balcony) staterooms, but have seen no reviews or pictures. I am trying to find out if it makes sense to pay a little more for an aft (BD) room on deck 6 (6202) vs a fwd (BE) room on deck 7 (7003).

Where can I find that information?
You are looking from one extreme to the other; far forward or aft. Not sure what the void is on deck 7 which would be opposite your cabin of choice there? At least the aft of deck 6 is pax cabins and next to the large Q1!
Just remember if you have any storms of consequence, there will be more movement in your prefered locations.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QM2 April 2004 Maiden Westbound Transatlantic; QM2 Transatlantic 2005, 2006, 2009; QM2 Cruises 2006/7/8/10/11/12/14; QM2 Oct 2008 Eastbound Transatlantic - tandem voyage with QE2; QV Cruises 2008/2009/10/11/13/14/16/17; QV WC Segments 2011/16/18;QE 2012/13 x2/14; Celebrity Equinox 2009; Celebrity Eclipse 2010/12/13; P&O Azura 2013
QV Caribbean Nov 18. QE South Africa Nov 19.

2,333 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Originally posted by LadyL1
You are looking from one extreme to the other; far forward or aft. Not sure what the void is on deck 7 which would be opposite your cabin of choice there? At least the aft of deck 6 is pax cabins and next to the large Q1!
Just remember if you have any storms of consequence, there will be more movement in your prefered locations.

Hi LadyL1, (thanks for the running commentary on your trip btw), the void you are referring to on deck 7 are the back walls of crew quarters - there is a corridor running down the middle of them and thus its the back walls on port and starboard side against the passenger companionways.

the main difference between the two staterooms are that they areeither full forward or full aft, they both have the same interior makeup with the bathroom on the left as you walk in. Both balconies and both rooms are exactly the same size.

The only thing the op might want to consider is there is a little more movement up the pointy end and that the hull door on the starboard side is one used most for provisioning and therefore it is usually against the berth...

I prefer the full forward position and the starboard side for that reason.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2016 World Cruise Blog http://exitviathegiftshop.blogspot.co.nz/?view=magazine
2017 World Cruise Blog http://butarewethereyet.blogspot.co.nz
the more polished general cruise bloghttp://roscoesseafever.blogspot.co.nz
QE2 2002 Tahiti - Auckland
QM2 2004 Southhampton - New York
QE2 2006 New York - Panama - Los Angeles
QV 2008 Singapore - Southampton
QV 2010 Singapore - Southampton
QE 2011 Auckland
Pacific Pearl 2011 South Pacific Cruise
QV 2011 Venice to Rome
QV 2011 Rome to Rome
QE 2012 San Francisco - Sydney
QM2 2013 Auckland - Africa - Southampton
QV 2014 Rio to Sydney
L'Austral 2015 Auckland
QV 2015 Auckland
QV 2016 Southampton - Southampton Full World
QV 2017 Valparaiso to San Francisco
Explorer of the Seas 2018 Sydney to Sydney
QE 2019 Japan to Alaska
QV 2019 San Francisco to Auckland
Puerto Rico
325 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Thanks all for the information. I see pictures of Club Balcony rooms and others, but not Balcony. Oh well... I ended up aft, next to one of the largest suites.

May I suggest (seen on other boards) starting a compilation of cabins, by passengers who stayed in them, showing the cabin numbers, (hopefully with pictures) and anything they like or dislike about that room, like noise, smoke, movement etc. etc.

It would help first timers, like me, a lot in choosing a location.
Vale of Glamorgan
4,390 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
The Balcony and Club Balcony are the same size and layout.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature