Breakaway Baltic going to Nynashamn instead of Stockholm?

EllieinNJ

Just got the dreaded email for our June 16th sailing. Docking in Nynashamn (7:00 to 5:00) and no longer showing us cruising the archipelago after our day in Stockholm.

Now to see if they will let us book any of the excursions that they usually offer for Nynashamn.

Well that's weird - I don't see the June 16th sailing in that list. Is it possible that sailing is actually going to Stockholm proper? It's still listed on the Port of Stockholm website as docking in Nynashamn. Guess I'm going to have to call the Shore Excursions people.

Did you receive this information via email from NCL?

I am also on the 6/16 sailing and don't waste your time calling NCL. We are still listed on portofstockholm.com as porting into Nynashamn, but NCL says we are going to Stockholm. This is according to a person up the managerial chain. My husband called and kept requesting a supervisor until he got someone who actually knew something about it. Took him several hours on the phone for the past 2 days. NCL insists that we are porting into Stockholm, but could not tell him which dock.

I have resigned myself to not seeing the archipelago and having less time in Gamla Stan. This is our second trip there and was one of the reasons I chose this itinerary. But on a somewhat brighter note, I contacted stromma.se who is one of the hoho bus operators and they will be outside the ship no matter where it docks. I already bought my tickets. If you were considering this option, I would purchase them ahead of time as they work on a first come- first served basis and the buses will fill up pretty fast.

Good Luck!

Just got the dreaded email for our June 16th sailing. Docking in Nynashamn (7:00 to 5:00) and no longer showing us cruising the archipelago after our day in Stockholm.

Now to see if they will let us book any of the excursions that they usually offer for Nynashamn.

Who emailed you? I have not heard anything from NCL or my travel agent.

thanks!

Who emailed you? I have not heard anything from NCL or my travel agent.

thanks!

Email was from Norwegian:

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Breakaway's 9-Day Scandinavia, Russia & Baltics sailings from Copenhagen on June 16, 2018. All guests booked on this sailing need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

Due to a berthing conflict, the itinerary for Norwegian Breakaway's 9-Day Scandinavia, Russia & Baltics sailings from Copenhagen departing on this date has changed. Norwegian Breakaway will dock in Nynashamn, Sweden from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Also, we have a roll call for our sailing. I didn't see you on there.

thanks!

Email was from Norwegian:

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Partners,

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Breakaway's 9-Day Scandinavia, Russia & Baltics sailings from Copenhagen on June 16, 2018. All guests booked on this sailing need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

Due to a berthing conflict, the itinerary for Norwegian Breakaway's 9-Day Scandinavia, Russia & Baltics sailings from Copenhagen departing on this date has changed. Norwegian Breakaway will dock in Nynashamn, Sweden from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Hmmm, interesting that they do not say anything about providing transportation into Stockholm. But I do see that the hours in port have lengthened and that is a plus. We will need the time since Nynashamn is over an hour south! Thank you for posting your email. I have still not been contacted by my travel agent.

I think passengers that are more then 90 days out should cancel! This is not a berthing conflict. Maybe one or two cruises, not everyone of the cruises for the season. That berth was booked a LONG time ago ( more than a year)Why are they just telling us now!? NCL should be more honest about this!!

NCL, and other lines, have scenic cruising in other areas, for exemple Hawaii and Alaska. They could do that outside Stockholm too. I should hate to miss passing all the nice Islands outside Stockholm.

If I should do a Baltic cruise I shouldn't mind docking in Nynäshamn instead of Stockholm but I should hate not cruising through the archipelago.

I am also on the 6/16 sailing and don't waste your time calling NCL. We are still listed on portofstockholm.com as porting into Nynashamn, but NCL says we are going to Stockholm. This is according to a person up the managerial chain. My husband called and kept requesting a supervisor until he got someone who actually knew something about it. Took him several hours on the phone for the past 2 days. NCL insists that we are porting into Stockholm, but could not tell him which dock.

I have resigned myself to not seeing the archipelago and having less time in Gamla Stan. This is our second trip there and was one of the reasons I chose this itinerary. But on a somewhat brighter note, I contacted stromma.se who is one of the hoho bus operators and they will be outside the ship no matter where it docks. I already bought my tickets. If you were considering this option, I would purchase them ahead of time as they work on a first come- first served basis and the buses will fill up pretty fast.

Good Luck!

I don't mean to question you on this contact, but are you sure that a HoHo bus will be going to

Nynashamn, over an hour away from Stockholm, just to pick up people and carry them into the city? You did say you contacted them, but maybe they misunderstood that you are docking in Nynashamn. If so, that would really be great, just never heard of anything like that before.

Cheers

Len

There is a fellow who posts on the Northern Europe/Baltics port of call board who is from Stockholm and always has great info on the city, transportation and where ships are scheduled to dock. Anyone not sure, should ask on this particular port of call board and hopefully get a correct answer.

Also, I would agree with the poster who suggested that people start cancelling their cruise or switching to a cruise line that does cruise thru the archipelago. A cruise like this isn't the Caribbean where if you miss something one time, maybe the next time you'll do it. Usually, cruises like this are a once in a lifetime thing and you should get exactly what is expected. You will be truly missing out on a remarkable part of sailing into and out of Stockholm by docking in

Nynashamn. You won't miss that much in Stockholm proper, but the archipelago is something separate and special.

Cheers

Len

This is the response that this particular poster gave to the question about the Breakaway not being able to dock in Stockholm proper

They are lying. NBW will be in Stockholm on the 23rd of June and Stadsgården S167 is available that day, the day before and the day after.

The same goes for the July 11th visit. the July 20th visit, August 7th visit. S167 is available on all those dates (and I would assume on

some of the others as well). IMO it's marketing trick to advertise for it to be Stockholm proper and then once the guests have

booked they announce that there is scheduling conflict or something like that. On some of NBW's visits both F638 and S167 are

taken by other ships though, You can check for yourself.

http://www.portsofstockholm.com/vessel-calls/

Cheers

Len

Just checked our holiday summary on NCL for our 9th August cruise and the itinerary overview still says Stockholm and the archipelago, but on the daily tabs it says the last 2 days are sea days now. Its probably just whilst everything is being changed, but will not be happy if it ends up as 2 sea days and would expect some reimbursement.

I don't mean to question you on this contact, but are you sure that a HoHo bus will be going to

Nynashamn, over an hour away from Stockholm, just to pick up people and carry them into the city? You did say you contacted them, but maybe they misunderstood that you are docking in Nynashamn. If so, that would really be great, just never heard of anything like that before.

Cheers

Len

I have attached the email from Stromma.

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for your email.

Yes, we will send buses to Nynäshamn for your incoming cruise ship. The buses will arrive just after the cruise ship arrives and will take as many passengers as possible. From arrival, the buses will wait for a maximum of 1 hour, if the bus isn’t already full. The journey to Stockholm will take approximately one hour, depending on the traffic. The buses will stop at Gustav Adolfs Torg in Stockholm, from where you can explore Stockholm on your own, or continue with the bus on the regular Hop On Hop Off tour, which will take you around the city and show some of the best points of interest.

Transfer to Stockholm from Nynäshamn is included with our regular Hop On Hop Off tickets, and is also valid for transfer back to the cruise ship. Transfer back to the cruise ship will be planned so you are back on your cruise ship at least one hour before the ship departure and the exact time will be announced to you on the transfer with our buses in to Stockholm. The pick-up place for the transfer back to the ship will be the same as the drop-off point.

The tickets you can buy ahead online are:

24h Bus Hop On - Hop Off Sightseeing

SEK 288*

Children 6-15 years: Half price

Children 0-5 years: Free of charge

24h Bus & Boat Hop On - Hop Off Sightseeing

SEK 405*

Children 6-15 years: Half price

Children 0-5 years: Free of charge

*The price above is with the 10% online discount we have for booking online. The regular price for the bus is SEK 320 and for the combination bus + boat SEK 450, which is also the price for purchasing the ticket at the dock/bus.

You can easily book and pay your tickets in advance and read more on our webpage: https://www.stromma.se/en/stockholm/cruise/

When you arrive just show the ticket at the bus. You don’t need to specify or select in the booking that you will take the transfer.

You can also purchase the ticket on the bus in the morning, but it’s recommended to book your tickets in advance.

For tickets on the bus, you can pay with credit card or cash. We take SEK, EUR and USD. Note that all change will be given back in SEK. We have no discounts for students or seniors.

You can find the route for our regular Hop On Hop Off buses here: https://www.stromma.se/globalassets/sweden/stockholm/product_maps/hopon-hopoff_bus/hoho_map_2017_high-oct.jpg

If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Have a nice evening!

Med Vänlig Hälsning/Best Regards

Sara Olsson

Innesälj

Indoor Sales

STRÖMMA Turism & Sjöfart AB

Svensksundsvägen 17, SE-111 49 Stockholm, Sweden

tel: +46 (0)8-1200 40 00

fax: +46 (0)8-1200 40 30

sara.olsson@stromma.se

http://www.stromma.com

STROMMA operates in: Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö, Uppsala, Copenhagen,

Helsinki, Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen, Geiranger, Ålesund, Amsterdam and Utrecht

v02_mail_Sthlm_475x85px

Member of Gray Line

Like us on FacebookFollow us on Instagram

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----

Från: Jamie Cooprider [mailto:daskathaus@aol.com]

Skickat: den 20 mars 2018 17:10

Till: bokning@stromma.se

Ämne: Stockholm hop on hop off bus question

Hello!

I will be cruising to Sweden on the Norwegian Breakaway in June 2018. I just found out we will be docking in Nynashamn instead of Stockholm on 23.6.18. Do your busses pick up at that port? And if they do, should I purchase my tickets now?

Any assistance you can provide will be helpful!

Thank you!

Renee Cooprider

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a fellow who posts on the Northern Europe/Baltics port of call board who is from Stockholm and always has great info on the city, transportation and where ships are scheduled to dock. Anyone not sure, should ask on this particular port of call board and hopefully get a correct answer.

Also, I would agree with the poster who suggested that people start cancelling their cruise or switching to a cruise line that does cruise thru the archipelago. A cruise like this isn't the Caribbean where if you miss something one time, maybe the next time you'll do it. Usually, cruises like this are a once in a lifetime thing and you should get exactly what is expected. You will be truly missing out on a remarkable part of sailing into and out of Stockholm by docking in

Nynashamn. You won't miss that much in Stockholm proper, but the archipelago is something separate and special.

Cheers

Len

Len, you are absolutely right about how special it is sailing thru the archipelago! I saw it on my first Baltic cruise in 2012 and have been wanting to return ever since. I thought I would be seeing it again this year but it is not to be. Because of their deception, this will most likely be the last time I cruise NCL. I would have cancelled if I had not already made the final payment. I would also advise to cancel and rebook with another cruise line who does cruise the archipelago, it is worth it.

You know, it is not unusual for European ports to be listed differently from the city you are visiting, such as Rostock(Berlin) or Livorno (Florence). You plan for that and know ahead of time when choosing your itinerary. So I don’t understand the dishonesty of NCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting...just went to My NCL, clicked on Explore and Plan, and then chose Stockholm (under the Filter By section). It shows NO excursions. I can click on every other port and excursions show up.

I wonder if that means they are loading up the excursions that are usually available from Nynashamn.

This is the response that this particular poster gave to the question about the Breakaway not being able to dock in Stockholm proper

They are lying. NBW will be in Stockholm on the 23rd of June and Stadsgården S167 is available that day, the day before and the day after.

The same goes for the July 11th visit. the July 20th visit, August 7th visit. S167 is available on all those dates (and I would assume on

some of the others as well). IMO it's marketing trick to advertise for it to be Stockholm proper and then once the guests have

booked they announce that there is scheduling conflict or something like that. On some of NBW's visits both F638 and S167 are

taken by other ships though, You can check for yourself.

Cheers

Len

That is absolutely shocking. Such a shame, we are going on Breakaway to celebrate a milestone birthday and this cruise isn't a budget trip. Still got a few weeks to cancel. NCL, you should be ashamed. Dirty dirty tactics. It is clear from that website that S167 is free and available on the date we are due to be in Stockholm.:mad:

I am booked on the BA for the July 4 Baltics out of Copenhagen. After reading this thread I logged into my account and saw the dreaded change from Stockholm to Nynashamn. First, I'm surprised I have not been notified by either NCL or my travel agent about this. Oh well, can't do much about the change. Secondly, I noticed in my vacation summary that as we leave Stockholm and that overnight we are still scheduled to cruise the Stockholm Archipelago. My question is that by docking this far out from Stockholm, will we still navigate the archipelago or should I expect that to change as well? I am disappointed as many are since this will be my first time in the Baltics and really was looking forward to the archipelago cruising.

So how do you book the HO HO bus online? Do you just book the regular tour doing Stockholm and show them the receipt when you board in Nynashamn? And most important, getting back to the ship. It says there will be a meeting place at a certain time. From past HO HO experiences, sometimes the buses are full and you have to wait for another. If everyone shows up at the same time, will they guarantee you get back to the ship on time?

I escalated this asking for a SPECIFIC reason for this change, here is the BS they responded with - not answering the question at all:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your July 7/13/2018 cruise onboard Norwegian Breakaway. We are sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the change of itinerary for your future voyage.

Please be assured that, although we reserve the right to alter the itinerary at our discretion, any changes are carefully considered, as we realize how much our passengers anticipate visiting all ports on the schedule. Please understand that various factors affect the ship's rerouting such as port availability, safety and scheduling.

While we do acknowledge your frustration with the change in itinerary, we are unable to provide compensation in this regard. Nevertheless, we apologize for any disappointment our response may cause.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address your concerns.

Guaranteed they will be selling transfers to Stockholm, but they should be complimentary in this case as there is NO GOOD REASON for the change.

Well well - I stand corrected. I wrote back to NCL to express that they hadn't fully addressed my original point and that I thought they would profit out of this situation. They came back with this (bold and underline mine):

The reason of the change is due to berthing conflicts and therefore we have arranged complimentary transfers for all guests affected.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience and hope you enjoy your cruise.

Respectfully,

This is for the 07/13 sailing but surely applies to them all. If this is true, well done Norwegian - I await confirmation and further detail. :D

I just got the following email (we're on the June 16th sailing):

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Partner:

Recently you received a communication from us advising of an itinerary change for Norwegian Breakaway's 9-day Scandinavia, Russia & Baltics from Copenhagen. Due to the change from Stockholm, Sweden to Nynashamn, Sweden we will provide complimentary transfers from Nynashamn to Stockholm. Please note transfer times to Stockholm will be available to you once onboard.

I just got the following email (we're on the June 16th sailing):

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Partner:

Recently you received a communication from us advising of an itinerary change for Norwegian Breakaway's 9-day Scandinavia, Russia & Baltics from Copenhagen. Due to the change from Stockholm, Sweden to Nynashamn, Sweden we will provide complimentary transfers from Nynashamn to Stockholm. Please note transfer times to Stockholm will be available to you once onboard.

Me too!

I must say I am pleased with this. But, if they were planning on doing it all along, why not mention it in the original e-mail, instead of causing all the upset between then and now?

I did complain in a big way to NCL after the first e-mail but I'm giving them credit for doing the right thing now. :)