Fabulous Eurodam Sailing from Seattle to Alaska

boze9999

Just returned from a June 20-July 7 sailing! We travel HAL a lot (this was our 6th Alaska sailing) but thought I would post some updates and respond to any questions! I must say the crew was among the bestof the best! To top it off, we had SUNSHINE and 75 degrees in EVERY port - a roll of the dice on any sailing, and we hit Aces on this one! Lots of "family reunions" sharing the voyage - 240 kids on board - including our grandkids - so the excitement and enthusiasm was contagious! Much to my surprise (necessity) and delight - we had what HAL advertised as the "NEW Internet" with three "almost unlimited plans and price options! Until the last might it was excellent! Easy embarkation and disembarkation! Cheers to all who follow us through the rest of the summer sailings!

Please give some detail on the new internet packages. I've read several posts referencing them but no details. Thanks in advance!

Three different options:

SOCIAL PLAN: Allows a daily volume of 200MB. Streaming and audio/video calling may be blocked.

$69.99 for 7 Days or

$14.99 for a 24 hour period

SURF PLAN: Allows a daily volume of 300MB. Streaming and audio/video calling may be blocked.

$99.99 for 7 Days or

$24.99 for a 24 hour period

PREMIUM PLAN: Allows a daily volume of 500MB. Supports audio/video calling and streaming where coverage allows

$139.99 for 7 Days or

$29.99 for a 24 hour period

According to MobileOffice, A 200 MB data plan would cover in one month: 1,000 text emails, 50 emails with photo attachments, 150 emails with other attachments, 60 social media posts with photos uploaded, and 500 Web pages viewed - So if you're not using it for audio/video calling and streaming, you should be able to get by with the Social Plan. I used the Premium Plan because I needed to be able to conduct audio/video calling. I never ran out of MB. I stayed on throughout the day. Service was for the most part, excellent! You are also able to switch between devices as long as you are on one plan and disconnect from one device to sign into the other device. That enabled me to alternatively switch between my laptop and phone for connectivity. I am still an active real estate broker with an over-active business clientele, so for the first time I was able to actually maintain business requirements while enjoying daily activities on the cruise!

Thanks for the Internet details. Can two people share a package, each logged in on their own device, as long as they don’t exceed the allocated MB?

The only way two could share the plan would be to create a login for one of you. You create a login by signing in with your name, cabin number, birthdate and password. Each of you would then both have to sign in under the named person's account. So you can share, however just remember, only one person/device can be online at a time.