POLL: Freedom vs Allure - Which should we choose and why?

Freedom Vs Allure  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Freedom Vs Allure

• Freedom of the Seas (Western Itinerary)
    • Allure of the Seas (Eastern Itinerary
    • Different ship (that sails out of floida)
    • None of the above - go to Disney World instead

We've only been on DCL (twice on the Disney Wonder and once on the Disney Dream).

While DCL is nice, we're thinking that RCCL might be a better fit for us, but we can't decide between the Freedom of the Seas and the Allure of the Seas.

(the week we can cruise, FOS will be on the western route and Allure on the eastern)

I'd love to hear people's opinions on which they think we should pick.

The Allure sounds amazing, and i've really been hoping to try it.

On the other hand, i'm a bit worried I'll miss the sea views that you have on more typical ships (i love sitting and watching the ocean).

so what do you think?

- Freedom?

- Allure?

- A different ship? (it has to be out of Florida, since we'll be there that week)

- Forget it all and go to Disney World that week instead. :)

Thanks in advance for all comments and suggestions!!

We've only been on DCL (twice on the Disney Wonder and once on the Disney Dream).

While DCL is nice, we're thinking that RCCL might be a better fit for us, but we can't decide between the Freedom of the Seas and the Allure of the Seas.

(the week we can cruise, FOS will be on the western route and Allure on the eastern)

I'd love to hear people's opinions on which they think we should pick.

The Allure sounds amazing, and i've really been hoping to try it.

On the other hand, i'm a bit worried I'll miss the sea views that you have on more typical ships (i love sitting and watching the ocean).

so what do you think?

- Freedom?

- Allure?

- A different ship? (it has to be out of Florida, since we'll be there that week)

- Forget it all and go to Disney World that week instead. :)

Thanks in advance for all comments and suggestions!!

Here is my vote. Allure of the Seas; I know I may seem biased per our roll call discussions :) but here is why I chose the Allure as I had the same question last year.

I had already cruised a "large" ship and I too did enjoy the water views. I choose Allure because I wanted to try a "Mega-large" ship, it is going to be an experience in itself. I have already put a list of places to go to seek out the Ocean views (Viking Crown Lounge, Sun Deck, Windjammer, and MDR) (Champagne Bar???). I also went with an Ocean View Balcony room as well.

For me the Freedom would be what I've done before...just bigger...not different. That is why the Allure "lured" me. (Ahhhh, so that is where the name comes from :D)

So I assume everything with your nephews wedding the next week is all square? :p

I've been on the Freedom and it's great ... been on a lot of Voyager Class Ships as well and love those too! Haven't been on the Allure, but have been on her sister ship, Oasis and it was WONDERFUL! It's an amazing ship ... and also since the Allure goes the eastern route that is also a plus. I was told before we left that there wouldn't be time to do everything and thought, uh, we will .... but it was true! There were some things we didn't get to! Guess we'll just have to go again. We had a Jr. Suite and enjoyed LOTS of watching the ocean! The food, the entertainment, the service and just exploring everything on the ship was amazing! Whichever one you choose, they both will be good, have a wonderful time!! :)

If $$ are not a concern go with Allure. It is an experience that everyone needs to have to see for themselves if they like it or not.

We did an oceanview balcony and had plenty of time to sit and watch the water. We also spent a lot of time in Solarium facing out to the sea, some of my favorite time. If you want to see the ocean you can make the opportunities. If you leave it to chance, you will be so wrapped up in the ship itself you may miss the ocean.

We did Allure last year and weren't able to hit everything we wanted to do, figured in a few years we would go back again. Well, my son decided he wanted to do Oasis/Allure one more time before he turns 18 so that's what we are doing. Ended up back on Allure as we did the eastern last year and that's the one doing western the week we could go. Very much looking forward to it.

I would pick Freedom (eastern) .. but voted for Allure since it was eastern. Always prefer eastern over western.

Ditto this! I voted on itinerary over ship. I think either one would be a blast, can't really go wrong!

I am having the same debate , and choose Allure.

My kids said it would be so sad to go to Port Canaveral and watch the Dream leave , and not be on it for their first non DCL cruise. (Freedom is usually in port with the DCL Dream)

I am having the same debate , and choose Allure.

My kids said it would be so sad to go to Port Canaveral and watch the Dream leave , and not be on it for their first non DCL cruise. (Freedom is usually in port with the DCL Dream)

there is something to that! i probably would be very sad too.

As much as i've become somewhat critical of DCL of late, i'm way too much of a disneyholic to be able to not be sad/jealous about the disney ship in port...

so perhaps that's reason enough - avoid the mouse's home port... ;)

Here is my vote. Allure of the Seas; I know I may seem biased per our roll call discussions :) but here is why I chose the Allure as I had the same question last year.

I had already cruised a "large" ship and I too did enjoy the water views. I choose Allure because I wanted to try a "Mega-large" ship, it is going to be an experience in itself. I have already put a list of places to go to seek out the Ocean views (Viking Crown Lounge, Sun Deck, Windjammer, and MDR) (Champagne Bar???). I also went with an Ocean View Balcony room as well.

For me the Freedom would be what I've done before...just bigger...not different. That is why the Allure "lured" me. (Ahhhh, so that is where the name comes from :D)

So I assume everything with your nephews wedding the next week is all square? :p

i just bought our plane tickets, so no question we'll be in the USA and in florida that week. So for sure we'll either be on the allure, the freedom or visiting the mouse that week.

yes, it is most definitely very alluring!!!

I would pick Freedom (eastern) .. but voted for Allure since it was eastern. Always prefer eastern over western.

so in other words, if both were going east, you would choose Freedom.

i'd love to know why you would choose the Freedom (if both were going east) :)

I've been on the Freedom and it's great ... been on a lot of Voyager Class Ships as well and love those too! Haven't been on the Allure, but have been on her sister ship, Oasis and it was WONDERFUL! It's an amazing ship ... and also since the Allure goes the eastern route that is also a plus. I was told before we left that there wouldn't be time to do everything and thought, uh, we will .... but it was true! There were some things we didn't get to! Guess we'll just have to go again. We had a Jr. Suite and enjoyed LOTS of watching the ocean! The food, the entertainment, the service and just exploring everything on the ship was amazing! Whichever one you choose, they both will be good, have a wonderful time!! :)

it's good to know we can't make a mistake, whichever one we choose!! :)

If $$ are not a concern go with Allure. It is an experience that everyone needs to have to see for themselves if they like it or not.

We did an oceanview balcony and had plenty of time to sit and watch the water. We also spent a lot of time in Solarium facing out to the sea, some of my favorite time. If you want to see the ocean you can make the opportunities. If you leave it to chance, you will be so wrapped up in the ship itself you may miss the ocean.

We did Allure last year and weren't able to hit everything we wanted to do, figured in a few years we would go back again. Well, my son decided he wanted to do Oasis/Allure one more time before he turns 18 so that's what we are doing. Ended up back on Allure as we did the eastern last year and that's the one doing western the week we could go. Very much looking forward to it.

thanks! :)

Ditto this! I voted on itinerary over ship. I think either one would be a blast, can't really go wrong!

so since we're talking itinerary, why would you prefer east over west?

looking at the two itineraries, the east definitely sounds like i might enjoy it more, but that's just based on what i've read. :)

so in other words, if both were going east, you would choose Freedom.

i'd love to know why you would choose the Freedom (if both were going east) :)

Just our personal preference. We love the voyager class ships and Freedom is just a slightly larger version of this class. Oasis and Allure are just too big for our taste. Although we may consider it in a few years for a family trip with kids and grandkids.

I agree you really have to do both ships. I would pick Allure if the $ were the same.

We find the Oasis class to feel less crowded than the Freedom class. So generally speaking we will go with either the Oasis or Allure. On sea days especially the different neighborhoods lends to dispersing the passengers and it does not feel as crowded even though in February we had 6000+ passengers. On sea days on Freedom class, we feel the crowds in the dining venues and in the pool areas.

We have been on both. Freedom is very similar to the Oasis/Allure, only a smaller version. In fact, because we went on the Freedom we couldnt wait to experience the MORE that Oasis/Allure presents. We have now "grown" into the mega-ships and love them for all they offer. Actually, they are much easier to navigate throughout, and really do not feel crowded. Excellent design for such a mega!! Going on the Oasis again, and cant wait.

I've been on both once and I picked Allure for the 2nd time before going back on Freedom. Things I like better on Freedom, Windjammer and the Solarium. What I like better about Allure, two flowriders, less waiting

so interesting!!

67 people have voted so far with the majority choosing the allure (46 chose the allure and 18 the Freedom)

But most interesting - one person voted for disney world!! Couldn't have been DH - i'm sure he'd pick a ship over WDW - if only for the food!! ;)

Just our personal preference. We love the voyager class ships and Freedom is just a slightly larger version of this class. Oasis and Allure are just too big for our taste. Although we may consider it in a few years for a family trip with kids and grandkids.

i hope eventually to be able to try all of them!! :)

I agree you really have to do both ships. I would pick Allure if the $ were the same.

well price isn't the same, that's for sure....

the allure cruise is the only one that keeps going up....the prices have climbed by several hundred $ since i first looked at it..

the freedom prices have stayed the same...

(i suspect an east vs west issue as much as a ship issue)..

i'm waiting until after final payment day to book....price will not be the only factor in my decision however....i'm willing to pay more if i think i'll enjoy it more! :)

We find the Oasis class to feel less crowded than the Freedom class. So generally speaking we will go with either the Oasis or Allure. On sea days especially the different neighborhoods lends to dispersing the passengers and it does not feel as crowded even though in February we had 6000+ passengers. On sea days on Freedom class, we feel the crowds in the dining venues and in the pool areas.

both ships are much much bigger in terms of number of passengers than anything i've experienced. That's another thing that worries me!! :eek:

We have been on both. Freedom is very similar to the Oasis/Allure, only a smaller version. In fact, because we went on the Freedom we couldnt wait to experience the MORE that Oasis/Allure presents. We have now "grown" into the mega-ships and love them for all they offer. Actually, they are much easier to navigate throughout, and really do not feel crowded. Excellent design for such a mega!! Going on the Oasis again, and cant wait.

i'm both excited and nervous at the prospect of such a big ship...

actually, as i noted above, the number of passengers on both ships scares me!! :eek:

Having been on Freedom, Allure and Disney Dream, I would go with Allure. Even though Freedom may be a little bigger than Dream it pales in comparison. With Allure you will get more of that WOW factor.

that's a very interesting point!

the Disney Dream really is a stunning ship, no question about it!

I guess "wow" must be important to me!! :)

I've been on both once and I picked Allure for the 2nd time before going back on Freedom. Things I like better on Freedom, Windjammer and the Solarium. What I like better about Allure, two flowriders, less waiting

hmmmm.....i know DD loved the windjammer on the Radiance of the Seas (she did an alaska cruise last summer on the radiance), so i wonder if she'd be disappointed in the WJ on the Allure.

by the way, i don't know if i mentioned it, DD and her husband will be on this cruise with us. :)

Archived